+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 AOR Join here

KikoDSMG

Mar 16, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello guys, how are u all?
How are your applications? I got my invitation Dec 27 and submitted everything January 28th (Date of the AoR).
After two weeks I received a message and saw that the medical exams were approved, but since then they have been dead silent.(IP2)
I'm worried about that because I am in the following situation:
My wife has the SP as she is going to college. I got the benefit from her and got the WP, but she wants to cancel her college as money is getting short. Should I wait to get them contact me asking the passports to cancel the college?

Also, should I worry if they are taking their time with applications? They are under the process time, but I thought would be quicker as I have been seeing with some friends who applied last year.

Sorry for the long post.
Thanks so much for the help

JinandMango

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2018
Hi,

Even my passport expires at Nov 2018. I have not received any emails so far.
Should I renew passport now without waiting for their email.

But my concern is, how do we notify them to consider new passport . Now a days we are not getting response to any of our emails .

Please advice.

I just spoke with a CIC/IRCC call centre rep and he said the agent thinks I will not get my final decision by June 2018 so they sent me an email.. The email I got has an email address I can send the new passport, so do not worry about how to send them the new one!

JinandMango

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2018
Have been sitting at IP1 since Feb 6th and finally received a message from CIC! Not a good one though..:( They asked me to renew my passport and submit a new one as the current one expiring soon. I have doubts about it but I will still renew my passport because it is what they need!

I have a question - is my application being processed while I am getting a new passport? In other words, will CIC/IRCC continue reviewing my background or eligibility and keep sending me messages if my application is moved to next stages (IP2)? Or is my application on pause until I provide the new passport?

Thanks!
Jin

jmodi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hello all, I am sharing my timeline as I am an applicant of January 2018. Waiting for the update after my medical. Should I need to be worried as my application is not updated after my medical passed.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Please update any response regarding PPR if you have applied in January 2018

sidhardh

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
London
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
18/01/2018
Fsw o
Ip2 feb 27
File moved to delhi on March 8
When can I expect ppr ¿??
Average or max wait ?

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
Hello all, I am sharing my timeline as I am an applicant of January 2018. Waiting for the update after my medical. Should I need to be worried as my application is not updated after my medical passed.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Please update any response regarding PPR if you have applied in January 2018
you application has progressed, after medical passed your BG would have been IP1 which would say application is in progress and you will be notified when BG has started, then it moves to Not applicable then moves to BG is in progress, which is what it shows in your status right now, so do not worry, we are all in the same boat, we wait patiently for our turns to come :)

Reactions: jmodi

jmodi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
you application has progressed, after medical passed your BG would have been IP1 which would say application is in progress and you will be notified when BG has started, then it moves to Not applicable then moves to BG is in progress, which is what it shows in your status right now, so do not worry, we are all in the same boat, we wait patiently for our turns to come :)
Thank you so much for your response

sahilmak

Nov 20, 2010
the status would say background check in progress, but this can honestly take a long time, most of us moved to this status on feb 27th, but a lot of feb AOR folks too moved to this status, so in reality when we all moved to IP2, we really dont know how much more time. sorry atleast that is my view point
thank you again

my status got updated yesterday saying u passed the medical exam lol

gauti1

Oct 16, 2013
Hi Experts.
My timeline
AOR - 22 jan
IP2 - 27 Feb
Cat - FSW O
VO - Ottawah

yesterday I called CIC to know my application status. He told me that my file was transferred to VO Ottawah on 13 Feb.
My criminality, eligibility, medical checks are over. But security checks have not started.

what are security checks and how long will it take to get PPR.

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Hi Experts.
My timeline
AOR - 22 jan
IP2 - 27 Feb
Cat - FSW O
VO - Ottawah

yesterday I called CIC to know my application status. He told me that my file was transferred to VO Ottawah on 13 Feb.
My criminality, eligibility, medical checks are over. But security checks have not started.

what are security checks and how long will it take to get PPR.
During Security check the authorities ensure that you and the accompanying people (if any) are not going to pose a threat to the Canada’s National Security. Don’t worry you should see your PPR email pretty soon. You are almost there with the process. Just hang in there. Good luck!

zeebah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Hey guys! I got my PPR email today at 7:30pm EST.

Here is my timeline:

AOR: Jan 23rd 2018 (Paid fees Upfront)
BG IP1: Feb 6th 2018
Additional Docs Requested: Feb 6th 2018 - Travel history & Sched A: IMM 5669
ADR submitted on Feb 7 and status changed to being reviewed same day
Medical Passed: Feb 12th
BG NA Feb 13th
BG IP2: Feb 27th
ADR: N/A March 19, 2018
PPR: March 20. 2018.

Wishing everyone still waiting all the best.

Last edited:

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Hey guys! I got my PPR email today at 7:30pm EST.

Here is my timeline:

AOR: Jan 23rd 2018 (Paid fees Upfront)
BG IP1: Feb 6th 2018
Additional Docs Requested: Feb 6th 2018 - Travel history & Sched A: IMM 5669
ADR submitted on Feb 7 and status changed to being reviewed same day
Medical Passed: Feb 12th
BG NA Feb 13th
BG IP2: Feb 27th
ADR: N/A March 19, 2018
PPR: March 20. 2018.

Wishing everyone still waiting all the best.

Congratulations. Thats a pretty clean timeline.