+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 AOR Join here

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
I think my application has been updated to IP2...ADR moved from we are reviewing your document provided to :
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

And the background check moved from Not Applicable to :
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

Am I correct, is that IP2?
I had similar changes on my profile before PPR was issued.

I got PPR email within 24hrs of the changes.

Though, even I'm confused if it was IP2 or another in-progress stage after IP2 as my 'review of additional documents' section had 'we are processing your background check' earlier too.( My bgc was like,"NA->in progress->NA-> we are processing your bgc->NA->We are processing your bgc)

If seniors can help throw some light on this, it'll be really helpful, @andy108 ?

Good luck.

Last edited:

AbcCA

Nov 15, 2017
Nothing to worry about. I had it too.

It's a regular message when our documents are in the process of being reviewed for verifying eligibility under the category applied.

All the best and good luck with your PR application
Thanks for your response. Is my application at IP stage?

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Hahahahaha!! Finally, a success story that negates all the stupid myths that are prevalent on this site ;D Things to learn from DeBaPh's experience:
1) Work experience letters are not crucial, just recommended. Other ways of proving suffice.
2) Single applicants do not get faster process times.
3) Working in a single company all your life does not result in faster processing times.
4) Not travelling anywhere in life is not necessarily the best and fastest option.
5) Near perfect health is not a must! This person had tuberculosis (though the skin variant), which is one of the things tested on the medical.
6) Doing the PR application carefully is enough for it to go smooth.
7) Adding extra documents does not make the process better or safer!

Damn... I wish I could have known about this quick PR application of DeBaPh back when I started... I would be quoting it in every damn silly thread on this forum, where people are spreading their twisted beliefs as truth.
Thanks for the encouraging words, @RokasK.

I would like to add few points for everyone's reference.

1) We have to show proof for the points that are claimed on EE profile.

2) Experience letter with tenure, salary and roles/responsibilities is really great proof for experience claimed but supporting documents are also considered. An affidavit is like taking an oath that can be penalized under law if found to be not true. A single page experience letter is always better than a 6-10 page affidavit.

3) If a single page document can prove that points claimed are legit then definitely there is no need to add unnecessary supporting documents. This is true for all documents, not only for experience but for all categories.

4) Being truthful and analysing your profile from an unbiased point of view as an immigration officer will help.

Thanks to this forum and all members for sharing valuable information.

Feel free to ask for more information, if needed.

Have a good one.

Last edited:
Reactions: AbcCA

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Sure @dhawal7, following are the details of my profile

1) Martial status - married( I applied together with my wife. We don't have kids)

2) I've worked with 5 different companies in 4 countries, though I claimed points for only 4 of them(2 in India,1 in Malaysia,1 in Canada). I had submitted recent PCC for India(country of current permanent residence) but for Malaysia ,my PCC was done in July. I had little trouble getting proper experience letters from my Indian employers, hence I attached self affidavits with supporting documents notarized by a public notary in Vancouver.

3) I was treated for skin tb during the past year in Canada(I had informed panel physician about it during my PR medicals and also provided him with my personal health number for referring my medical records). I have been put on medical surveillance for inactive tb though I was treated in Canada and my case was not severe.

I didn't go through an immigration consultant and did my PR application myself. I was extra cautious with all submitted documents and referred different forums for acceptable substitutes in lieu of missing documents.

I was recommended by a friend to attach only the documents that we are asked for and claim points on, for faster processing.

Hope, this information is of help.

Feel free to ask for more information, if needed.

Good luck.

Amazing! Congratulations! Please let us know if you had paid the Landing fees upfront. If not, on what date did you get this request?

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Amazing! Congratulations! Please let us know if you had paid the Landing fees upfront. If not, on what date did you get this request?
I had RRPF fees upfront on January 4th, 2018 while submitting my application. I got PPR email on February 12th, 2018 Evening as per PT.

All the best for your application.

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
I had RRPF fees upfront on January 4th, 2018 while submitting my application. I got PPR email on February 12th, 2018 Evening as per PT.

All the best for your application.
Oh that’s good to know. Still 25 days post medical confirmation is good time.

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
ITA 15 nov 2017
Application 27 jan2018
Aor 27 jan 2018
Mep 07 Feb 2018
If you didn't see the message, "we are processing your background check", against bgc in your profile, before it went to NA then your profile is at NA2 and IP2 is yet to commence. If the said message was there on your profile and after that your profile went to NA then your profile is probably at NA3. In any case, you should get some result in a month time.

All the best with your application.

Aorjan18

Feb 14, 2018
Hi Guys.
Just a question, any help will be appreciated. I applied after getting PNP BC inland. My application shows requirement met for fsw, cec and pnp.
I got invitation after 600 points added by PNP. Is my application processed as PNP?
Secondly,
Medical is passed
Back ground check is NA after your application is being processed. If this changes we will send you a message.
What stage is the application in? It went from Not applicable to application in process to now NA.
Additional doc. We do not require any additional documents.
Thank you

AbcCA

Nov 15, 2017
If you didn't see the message, "we are processing your background check", against bgc in your profile, before it went to NA then your profile is at NA2 and IP2 is yet to commence. If the said message was there on your profile and after that your profile went to NA then your profile is probably at NA3. In any case, you should get some result in a month time.

All the best with your application.
No, ignorant me! I had no idea that the process is to be followed each day.
Thanks for your kind message.

dhawal7

Feb 5, 2018
I have a basic question. We have shown a proof of funds towards submission of our application as balance certificates and bank statements. Can I use/move the funds around a little or should I avoid that until I get my PPR?
I need to pay a good amount of money and don't want those 13-14k CAD locked for a longer period of time.

RokasK

Jan 15, 2018
I have a basic question. We have shown a proof of funds towards submission of our application as balance certificates and bank statements. Can I use/move the funds around a little or should I avoid that until I get my PPR?
I need to pay a good amount of money and don't want those 13-14k CAD locked for a longer period of time.
You're kinda missing the point of POF... That's the money that you are promising to have when you arrive to Canada. You can't just spend it now...

dhawal7

Feb 5, 2018
You're kinda missing the point of POF... That's the money that you are promising to have when you arrive to Canada. You can't just spend it now...
Yes, I am going to carry the said amount when I travel. But my question is, can I utilize some amount of the money until I actually fly, or should I not touch it at all throughout the process?