+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 AOR Join here

Bimbor

Dec 31, 2017
Hi everyone, please when you order for GCM notes, are there usually some pages that are withheld according to section 19(1) access to information?

canaspirant18

Mar 10, 2018
I read this somewhere and saved it , sharing , hope this helps :
BG Check: Not Applicable (NA1)
Medical passed – (MEP)
BG Check In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.
BG Check: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.
BG Check: In Progress (IP2) –
BG Check: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come
PPR: Passport Request
CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence;

Flow:
AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR;

Detail:
AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.
Medicals Pass and file is initially opened to check for R10 satisfaction at the CIO (Central Intake Office);

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).
Background Check in Progress for the first time - usually happens on the same day your Meds Pass. At this stage they check for all documents and that whether the applicant is not missing any documents. They are not scrutinized at this stage, except for Police Clearance certificate (dates, and period is covered based on your answers from the Personal and Travel History); Additional docs (like Schedule A, Travel History, Family Info, Proof of something, etc.) may be requested at this stage.
This is where applicants' first phase of A11.1 Eligibility and documents are checked
by the CIO. At this stage the agent checks if the points match, are above the round's ITA points, eligibility under the stream is met, points are claimed genuinely and if there are no irregularities in the docs or work exp, NOC, etc. After this the application is sent to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization and second checks.

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.
This is the stage wherein the LVO opens the file to check your entire application and confirm the notes and insights from the CIO agent. Eg. proof of funds, letter of employment, if any; This usually
happens after all the security, criminality and eligibility is all okay.
*This Step is to conduct a Background Check - NBG (not all applicants see this) - This is usually only when an applicant submits an RCMP report and thus the security check is done later.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. PPR mail will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. PPR mails these days are taking 7-20 days after you are in IP2 stage. These things will be done at CPC office.

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible in many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

Again, this is a small summary and an estimated timeline based on my personal experience and it may vary throughout. But the stages are more or less structured and happen in an Express Entry Application Life Cycle. Timings and order may differ.

Hope this helps.
Best Luck all of you !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: vineaz and ndshah26

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
I read this somewhere and saved it , sharing , hope this helps :
BG Check: Not Applicable (NA1)
Medical passed – (MEP)
BG Check In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.
BG Check: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.
BG Check: In Progress (IP2) –
BG Check: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come
PPR: Passport Request
CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence;

Flow:
AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR;

Detail:
AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. PPR mail will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. PPR mails these days are taking 7-20 days after you are in IP2 stage. These things will be done at CPC office.

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible in many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

Hope this helps.
Best Luck all of you !!!

Thanks for sharing. This is pretty comprehensive and covers a lot of ground! Thanks again...

den89

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/01/2018
Status of your application is irrelevant in your case buddy. Congrats! Bon Voyage![/
Thanks for sharing. This is pretty comprehensive and covers a lot of ground! Thanks again...
accordid to cic guideline when an rprf request is sent they BF THE FILE that is they keep it on hold for 30 days before they check it again.so if u paid ur rprf on for ex 1/18 u can expect ppr only after 30 days.

Procedures for back-end collection of RPRF
Skilled worker, provincial nominee and business immigrant applications processed by a visa office abroad

The visa office will advise the client that processing of the application has been completed and that visa(s) will be issued if the applicant submits the correct RPRF. The visa officer shall not proceed to issue the permanent resident visa(s) until the RPRF fees have been paid. Timing of payment will be left up to the particular office and will vary according to local circumstances.

Family class applications, Undertakings of Assistance submitted to Case Processing Centre Mississauga with immigrant applications processed by a visa office abroad

CPC Mississauga will receive the Undertaking of Assistance (IMM 1344AE (PDF, 478.72KB)), collect the processing fees, process the sponsorship, and forward the documents to the appropriate visa office along with the IMM 0008s.

Processing the application at the visa office remains unchanged to the point where the visa is ready to be issued. The visa office will advise the client that processing has been completed and that visa(s) will be issued as soon as the sponsor has submitted the RPRF payment to CPC Mississauga. The visa office will also advise CPC Mississauga, by e-mail message, that the applicant is ready for visa issuance. A dedicated Signet E-mail account has been established in Mississauga for the receipt of these messages.

Note: This e-mail address is to be used strictly for RPRF request messages. There will be no response to messages not pertaining to RPRF.

A separate account at CPC Mississauga exists for general inquiries as follows:

The e-mail message is to include the following information:

• visa office file number;
  • CPC Mississauga/ CIC file number;
  • name of sponsor and client ID;
  • amount of RPRF payment required.
Upon receipt of notification that the applicant is ready for the issuance of a visa, CPC Mississauga will advise the sponsor that the RPRF payment must be received by the office within 30 days. CPC Mississauga will "BF" the file for 30 days (plus additional mailing time) to ensure follow-up action.

If the RPRF payment is received, CPC Mississauga will advise the appropriate visa office which should ensure that the medicals and security are still valid prior to issuing the visa(s).

If the sponsor does not respond with the RPRF within 30 days of the request, CPC Mississauga will send a second request for the RPRF giving an additional 30-day period to comply. Again, the file will be "BF'd to ensure follow-up action.

If the sponsor does not submit the RPRF within 30 days following the second request, the visa office will be advised. The visa office should not proceed to issue the permanent resident visa until the RPRF fees are paid.

Lu_carioca

Sep 10, 2017
Nomination.....
27-12-2017
Hello! I've got my PPR! I wrote IRCC to ask about my visa office in the morning, and the answer was my PPR at 11:40pm.
My timeline is:
29/11: EE profile created
30/11: OINP NOI
15/12: OINP file submitted (French Speaking Stream)
27/12: OINP nomination
10/01/2018: ITA
14/01/2018: AOR
25/01: MP/IP1/NA2
23/02: ADR AD sent: 25/02
27/02: IP2
13/02: PPR!!
I wish PPR soon to all of you! Thank you for your advice and support!

Last edited:

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Hello! I've got my PPR! I wrote IRCC to ask about my visa office in the morning, and the answer was my PPR at 11:40pm.
My timeline is:
09/01: ADR. 12/01: AD sent

Congrats Lu_carioca ....have a safe trip and enjoy the beautiful Canadian spring/summer...

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Hi guys...This Forum has started to run dry....lets try to keep it going...any more PPRs or other good news in regards to the apps? Cheer up, its just a matter of time...!

Reactions: Rise and shine

didouette

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Cong
My timeline is:
23/02: AD sent: 25/02
congratulations Lu !! Wish u all the best for the new journeyy!
Chui tres heureux pr toi :)

Lu_carioca

Sep 10, 2017
Nomination.....
27-12-2017
Cong

congratulations Lu !! Wish u all the best for the new journeyy!
Chui tres heureux pr toi :)
Bonjour, Didou! Merci pour tes voeux! Je l'ai reçu à temps pour organiser l'adaptation/rentrée scolaire des enfants là-bas! J'en suis ravie! Merci pour ton soutien! (Au fait, je suis une fille)
Bonne suite pour toi! Tiens bon!