skiffyz

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
1st page of this thread:

Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed? I also request to let me know the status of application also?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker/PNP
Thanks for the information. I sent them an e-mail just now. How long do they take to revert?

Reactions: didouette

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for the information. I sent them an e-mail just now. How long do they take to revert?
Please let us know when you get a response. And can anyone guide as to the email id used to send this email to Ottawa, can it be id other than the registered id? Thanks.

mastersboy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Sorry this is a bit off topic but I received inland-AOR for FSW category already and waiting for PPR. I am currently on 3 year-PGWP and have multiple entry worker TRV. I work in Toronto. I have to take a trip out of Canada for a week in March.

1. Is this advised?
2. Has someone here done it successfully? Do border security folks give you trouble if you leave Canada for a vacation while your PR is being processed?
3. In case I receive PPR before I have to leave for the trip. Would it be OK to travel and send passport when I come back?

Thanks!

Aorjan18

Feb 14, 2018
Sorry this is a bit off topic but I received inland-AOR for FSW category already and waiting for PPR. I am currently on 3 year-PGWP and have multiple entry worker TRV. I work in Toronto. I have to take a trip out of Canada for a week in March.

1. Is this advised?
2. Has someone here done it successfully? Do border security folks give you trouble if you leave Canada for a vacation while your PR is being processed?
3. In case I receive PPR before I have to leave for the trip. Would it be OK to travel and send passport when I come back?

Thanks!
It should be okay as you have multiple entry TRV. I do not think border security will make any issue for you.
The only concern is if you have a job currently, they might verify so employer or employees must be aware that you are on holidays -what time will you come, how long is holiday and your higher up must tell them what is the purpose of visit. I think even if u get PPR and passport stamped you should only land after your holidays as I know PR visa is single entry. If u land before holidays you have to wait until u get PR card; someone can mail you that too but again that takes more than 3-4 weeks for card to come and it might get you struck outside canada

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018

1. Is this advised?

Thanks!
Don't worry. If you have a valid TRV, you can go out of Canada and come back anytime.

I went through the similar scenario. I was waiting for PPR and went out of Canada for 3 weeks on a valid TRV. I got my PPR, while I was away. I came back submitted my passport last Monday and my application got approved today. Now, I'm just waiting for my passport and COPR, which I should get in the next 1-2 days.

All the best with your application.

mastersboy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Don't worry. If you have a valid TRV, you can go out of Canada and come back anytime.

I went through the similar scenario. I was waiting for PPR and went out of Canada for 3 weeks on a valid TRV. I got my PPR, while I was away. I came back submitted my passport last Monday and my application got approved today. Now, I'm just waiting for my passport and COPR, which I should get in the next 1-2 days.

All the best with your application.
Sorry for bugging you but may I ask:

1. What country are you from?
2. Are you also on a work permit?
3. As one of the comments above indicated, do you need to carry a letter from your employer verifying that they are aware and approve of your vacation?
4. What was the nature of your interaction with border security when you entered after receiving PPR abroad?

Thanks!

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Sorry for bugging you but may I ask:

1. What country are you from?
2. Are you also on a work permit?
3. As one of the comments above indicated, do you need to carry a letter from your employer verifying that they are aware and approve of your vacation?
4. What was the nature of your interaction with border security when you entered after receiving PPR abroad?

Thanks!
First thing, a passport request doesn't confirm you a PR till you get COPR.

1) I'm from India.
2) I'm on work permit.
3) I didn't need any letter for the approval of leaves.
4) I came through YVR. Declaration is done through self-declaration booths at airport now. I did an e-declaration and was standing in the que for immigration with e-declaration receipt. Before my number came, a CBSA officer came to me, checked my receipt and confirmed that I was having proper employment documents. He then told me to collect my baggage and go. There are no more entry stamps at airports now. CBSA just confirms that your status in Canada is legal.

Don't worry. You'll be fine. You wanna take 1 week's leave and I went for 3 weeks :)

Cheers! hope this information helps.

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Can anyone guide me. I want to email to Ottawa office but the registered email id linked to my application is with my agent. Can I use my other email id to email them asking about the Visa office assigned? Thanks.

mike3108

Dec 26, 2017
Hey! that's great news! Congratz!!
I really do not know the forms that are to be filled. Maybe someone from the forum will be able to guide you correctly...
Yes correct. There are no forms. We just need to submit the passports and photographs at nearest VFS centre. They will take it forward from there.