+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

shinzy

Jan 4, 2017
How long does it usually take for the Oath letter to arrive once you finish the test?
It does show decision made in "Check my citizenship status " online. I have not yet received the Oath Letter.

I completed my test on June 5th, May I get a timeline? I saw that the google sheets that we all had have been taken down for some reason.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
How long does it usually take for the Oath letter to arrive once you finish the test?
It does show decision made in "Check my citizenship status " online. I have not yet received the Oath Letter.

I completed my test on June 5th, May I get a timeline? I saw that the google sheets that we all had have been taken down for some reason.
The link to the sheet is in my signature

kurt0206

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
AB, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please update:
11 August 2017 - Decision made in ECAS
14 August 2017 - Letter Invitation for Oath taking ceremony was sent
18 September 2017 - Oath Taking Ceremony

This is after almost 8 months of waiting (due to the delay of getting police clearance abroad).

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just finished the test today I got 20 and my wife got 17. Officer said she wants to verify my wife border crossing, since US doesn't stamp US citizen passport. I hope that doesn't delay our process.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
My daughter and I Just finished the test.
Waiting for the intereview.
Done with the interview. It took us around 30 min.
I got 20/20 and my daughter got 17/20. It wasn't that easy. I was lucky with at least 3 questions.

He checked my papers and asked for all my expired passports. I have total of 6 passports. Handed them all to him
He checked each page of all of them.

I was ready with the translation of my last two passports. The one I entered Canada with and the new one.

He found out that I had one passport that is issued in 2007 and expired in 2014. a date after my landing date "2012". He asked for a translation of that passport too.

My passports are full of stamps and the majority are in Arabic, So, I understand the ask.

I tried to explain to him that in my country they cancel the passport once they issue a new one for you. That was the case since I requested another passport in 2009. that is automatically will cancel the one in question.

He didn't accept that and insists in his request.

He also told me that everything else looks ok in my file and it should take 2 to 4 months for the oath ceremony.

Wasn't as easy as I expected. But, it went well at the end.

Now, I have to send them the translation of that passport.

dikshab

Jun 20, 2017
I got 20/20 and my daughter got 17/20. It wasn't that easy. I was lucky with at least 3 questions.

He checked my papers and asked for all my expired passports. I have total of 6 passports. Handed them all to him

I was ready with the translation of my last two passports. The one I entered Canada with and the new one.

He found out that I had one passport that is issued in 2007 and expired in 2014. a date after my landing date "2012". He asked for a translation of that passport too.

My passports are full of stamps and the majority are in Arabic, So, I understand the ask.

I tried to explain to him that in my country they cancel the passport once they issue a new one for you. That was the case since I requested another passport in 2009. that is automatically will cancel the one in question.

He also told me that everything else looks ok in my file and it should take 2 to 4 months for the oath ceremony.

I was lucky at this point. I have a couple of Arabic stamps too, and my officer told me that they might ask for a translation. They never did.

Decada

Jun 12, 2017
SA3. He found out that I had one passport that is issued in 2007 and expired in 2014. a date after my landing date "2012

I don't understand why you didn't have destroyed if you neweet it's expired.I understand you didn't used that passport for your landing.I wish you a very fast and smooth processing

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
I don't understand why you didn't have destroyed if you neweet it's expired.I understand you didn't used that passport for your landing.I wish you a very fast and smooth processing
Why would I distroy it? I don't get it.

Decada

Jun 12, 2017
In my origin country the authorities advise us that the expired passport to be destroyed after a while (like a expired credit card,expired driving license,expired health card etc....).This is the meaning of my question.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
In my origin country the authorities advise us that the expired passport to be destroyed after a while (like a expired credit card,expired driving license,expired health card etc....).This is the meaning of my question.
Aha.
It is not the case in my country. We keep all of our passports after they stamp the first pages with a big cancel stamp. These are very important document that contain a lot of needed information that I can't just destroy.

I know that other countries take back the passport once they issue another one to you!

Reactions: layla_

Audrey2013

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017

Would you mind to share what online practice test did you used to prepare for your test?
Thanks!