+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

adubey

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Yep you're wrong. ATIP is in Ottawa and they only print out the (electronic) notes from the GCMS system. It's got nothing to do with "causing them extra work" and causing them to be unpleased.
ATIP is everyone's right, why do u think its available to everyone if they choose to use/access it ??

If you ordered the "physical file copy" then ofcourse the file would be removed from queue, copied and sent to applicant and then they put it back in queue. This means local office has to get involved which has the actual file.....However most people are not asking for this normally.
I agree with Canvis. The benefits for which GCMS was brought in is not visible. The ATIP was supposed to be just a digital pull from the records but they still take over a month to send you the records. The other benefit that was touted was that some of the load from busier IRCC offices could be transferred to the less busy ones. However I dont see that happening either.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Point taken. I still do not see the point though why one would ask for ATIP before the 12 months are over?

coshx

May 8, 2013
Point taken. I still do not see the point though why one would ask for ATIP before the 12 months are over?
Requesting for GCMS is a fundamental right under the access to information act. It does not affect the processing of your file since it is a different department that handles ATIP request. All they do is download the electronic copy of your case file and email it to you. It is a very helpful information as it shows what stage of processing your file is as well as records of all necessary checks.
Based on my experience during PR application with Buffalo and CPP-Ottawa offices, I requested for GCMS note about 5 times during the delay period. Even though CPP-Ottawa has our files, they refused to process them when Buffalo embassy closed for up to 18 months. I ordered GCMS files thinking it will stimulate them looking at the file but that wasn't the case.
So if you want to order for GCMS, be free to do so.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
And Finally. A 5th line appeared in my ecas

We sent you a notice on July 10, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Can someone please update the sheet. Thanks

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats, haha our test are on the same day too.
And Finally. A 5th line appeared in my ecas

We sent you a notice on July 10, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Can someone please update the sheet. Thanks

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
I've been informed today by IRCC center that my security clearance has passed the check and that I am ready for the test invitation!

She also informed me that nothing will be semt to me before I receive my ATIP. As per her, any ATIP request put the application on hold untel the request is closed!!
Not sure about the above statement but wanted to share it with you !!
It is clear that this agent doesn't know what she was talking about.
I've received my test invitation before receiving my ATIP report. She told me not to expect the test invitation before the ATIP report !!!!

WithLuv

Jul 3, 2010
Please update the sheet for my timelines...
Oath Letter Date - June 20, 2017.
Oath Ceremony - July 06, 2017.
Thanks !!

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
It is clear that this agent doesn't know what she was talking about.
I've received my test invitation before receiving my ATIP report. She told me not to expect the test invitation before the ATIP report !!!!
how can we request for ATIP report?

thanks