+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

PB#

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hi

I have a question on name change or dropping a part of given name.

My name is AAAA Kumar BBBB. Its a Indian name and is kind of middle name but when i moved to canada it became part of my given name because my indian passport has AAAA Kumar as given name.

I got my citizenship certificate on this name i.e AAAA Kumar BBBB. My provincial driving licence has AAAA BBBB and other documents have AAAA Kumar BBBB.

Now i want to apply canadian passport, My preference for name is AAAA BBBB and drop Kumar from it, should i apply with AAAA Kumar BBBB or AAAA BBBB. I have driving licence to prove i use AAAA BBBB as my name.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/name-change.asp

As per the link above, would it be considered a legal name change or just dropping a given name.

Thank you in advance everyone.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hi

I have a question on name change or dropping a part of given name.

My name is AAAA Kumar BBBB. Its a Indian name and is kind of middle name but when i moved to canada it became part of my given name because my indian passport has AAAA Kumar as given name.

I got my citizenship certificate on this name i.e AAAA Kumar BBBB. My provincial driving licence has AAAA BBBB and other documents have AAAA Kumar BBBB.

Now i want to apply canadian passport, My preference for name is AAAA BBBB and drop Kumar from it, should i apply with AAAA Kumar BBBB or AAAA BBBB. I have driving licence to prove i use AAAA BBBB as my name.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/name-change.asp

As per the link above, would it be considered a legal name change or just dropping a given name.

Thank you in advance everyone.
Best to call Passport Canada and find out directly from them:

Toll free: 1-800-567-6868

zeeAJ

Jan 13, 2017
Hello ,
I had appeared for test on 29th June > Decision made 29 th jJune >> oath letter dated 6th July
I am not able to update sheet , can some one help me to do so .

Please update interview / test letter date > 31st may .

Thank you in advance

ZeeAJ

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Hello ,
I had appeared for test on 29th June > Decision made 29 th jJune >> oath letter dated 6th July
I am not able to update sheet , can some one help me to do so .

Please update interview / test letter date > 31st may .

Thank you in advance

ZeeAJ
Updated.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
To update everyone. I am still waiting for my test invitation or for any communication from IRCC.

I ordered my ATIP document in Jun 19th.

Wish the best to everyone and congrats to all of those who became Canadians already.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
To update everyone. I am still waiting for my test invitation or for any communication from IRCC.

Wish the best to everyone and congrats to all of those who became Canadians already.
best of luck my friend ,,, same here

Reactions: Sa3Sa3

Joe Joe

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016

Good luck Sa3Sa4

Reactions: Sa3Sa3

Relat

Jul 3, 2017
I got a correspondence notice on june 28 on ecase that I will need to provide more information. I have not received anything in the mail yet. How long did you receive your notice from cic after ecase added line?

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
I got a correspondence notice on june 28 on ecase that I will need to provide more information. I have not received anything in the mail yet. How long did you receive your notice from cic after ecase added line?
one or two days.. it happened to me aswell when they request for finger prints.. and yeah i received a letter and a mail for that

Relat

Jul 3, 2017
one or two days.. it happened to me aswell when they request for finger prints.. and yeah i received a letter and a mail for that
Its been one week since ecase put in the notice extra line and I have not received anything in the mail. Maybe I will call them tomorrow or Friday

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
Its been one week since ecase put in the notice extra line and I have not received anything in the mail. Maybe I will call them tomorrow or Friday
i mean letter and email.. i received both .. try to check in your junk mail on your email

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
I've been informed today by IRCC center that my security clearance has passed the check and that I am ready for the test invitation!

She also informed me that nothing will be semt to me before I receive my ATIP. As per her, any ATIP request put the application on hold untel the request is closed!!
Not sure about the above statement but wanted to share it with you !!

Reactions: paulvoyer

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
I've been informed today by IRCC center that my security clearance has passed the check and that I am ready for the test invitation!

She also informed me that nothing will be semt to me before I receive my ATIP. As per her, any ATIP request put the application on hold untel the request is closed!!
Not sure about the above statement but wanted to share it with you !!
ok than let me ask you this ??
when did you request you ATIP ???
,, I already ordered my 2nd ATIP on 06/10/2017 from CIC ,,, however I ordered ATIP from CSIS on 06/05/2017 to get the csis their notes on my citizenship application ,, so far I did not thing hear from both ,,
do u mind to compare my new ATIP with urs once u got it ,, for sure we co do that using the private message ,,, thank you so much in advance bro

wanchope

Mar 3, 2017
I just took the test this morning and had a short interview. I was handed the oath ceremony invitation right there, for the next Thursday. This is a little faster than I expected. Instant "DM"

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just took the test this morning and had a short interview. I was handed the oath ceremony invitation right there, for the next Thursday. This is a little faster than I expected. Instant "DM"
Congrats!
What location are you from

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!
What location are you from