+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi January applicants,

I have a question for you:According to the new rules, mid January 2018 I will meet the residency requirement by cic (I became PR mid January 2016 and have been in canada before as an international student for a couple of years). I have been filing my tax since I came to Canada every year. Based on new rules: "Applicants must file Canadian income taxes, if required to do so under the Income Tax Act, for three out of five years, matching the new physical presence requirement." Since in mid January 2018 I will not have filed my tax for 2017 year yet and I can do it as early as end of February 2018 and will have notice of assessment at end of April 2018, I was wondering that I will have to wait till end of April 2018 to get my notice of assessment for 2017 or in a sense that I will meet the residency requirement in January 2018 I can apply that time?
Thanks

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Hi folks. I believe one guarantor is enough for each family member. Are 2 references enough for each member too or should be different for each person?
Thanks.

Last edited:

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
Hi, we actually have a google sheet with all those dates for useful information for anyone.

Hey, Here are the online reviewers which are quite similar to the questions, but not entirely the same. Do not focus on memorizing the names (just the most important people). Just practice the online exams probably a number of times, and you should be alright, and they are mobile friendly too, so you can practice anywhere. The trick is, read the handbook twice and start doing the exams. DO NOT do the practice exam without reading the handbook. :)

Hope this helps and best of luck.

1. http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca/

2. http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/mobile/

3. http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz

4. http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/

5. http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

Wow I'm the one who did the research for those links. I posted those links before; those are the one that I used before during my time. Hope it'll help you...

Last edited:

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Wow I'm the one who did the research for those links. I posted those links before; those are the one that I used before during my time. Hope it'll help you...
Thank you Jennifer. And the link worked for me and my sister too. :)
People tend to panic when they see the number of information, dates, and names they have to memorize, but when you start doing the online exams, you get familiarized with the questions and answers which made it a lot easier for people to do the exam. :0

Thank you again for the effort and best of luck for people who will still take the exam.

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
One very last question(s) please:

Q9.C - Quebec's Permanent List of Electors: should I leave it blank or click "NO"? I don't reside in Quebec.

Q9. F- Language instructions for newcomers to Canada - LINC:
Should I leave it blank or click "NO"?
I am not using LINC.
Thanks.

RAZAAS

Feb 5, 2017
I also need an advice. My family applied for citizenship through an immigration consultant in December 2016. We later found out that the consultant made a few mistakes in the forms of both my wife and children. The CIC online status still shows in process. They have also not asked for any clarification or further information. I would appreciate if someone can advise the best course of action now. Should we wait for the test date or any communication from CIC or we send the new application acknowledging the errors made by the consultant in the applications.

Hunsani

May 1, 2017
Hello Friends..
I wanted to update you all that Finally I joined the Canadian family yesterday alongwith 100 other people in a very beautifully organized ceremony held here at Winnipeg.It was amazing to see how many people took oath with me.. I am a January applicant and my whole process went really smooth without any FP REQUEST even though I had almost 23 absences from Canada since being a PR and had also made 4 mistakes in my Residence Calculator because of which I was only left with 1 day buffer and I had to explain everything during my interview but I was fully prepared as I had all the relevant docs ready for the interview and they accepted those docs also..
If anyone of you have any questions regarding the process/additional docs/test/interview please feel free to ask..
Good luck to all of you!!
CHEERS!!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I also need an advice. My family applied for citizenship through an immigration consultant in December 2016. We later found out that the consultant made a few mistakes in the forms of both my wife and children. The CIC online status still shows in process. They have also not asked for any clarification or further information. I would appreciate if someone can advise the best course of action now. Should we wait for the test date or any communication from CIC or we send the new application acknowledging the errors made by the consultant in the applications.
Did you give consultant's address or your own address to CIC for them to send test invite?

I'm surprised you haven't cancelled the so-called consultant despite them making errors, that would be a cause for instant dismissal of their service.
Remember they can't threaten you or blackmail you at all. If they try, get the police involved.

I'd strongly advise you to use Form IMM5474 to cancel the representative.
Link to form: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf

After sending them this signed form, CIC would then deal directly with you.
Make sure you give CIC your own address as well.
You can always reach the CIC Call Centre at 18882422100 or ask help via your local MP (federal member of parliament)

RAZAAS

Feb 5, 2017
Thanks a lot and I really appreciate your response. The consultant has put his address as the mailing address in the application. Now he is suggesting to send the new application to CIC with a letter acknowledging the mistakes. We have not received any communication from CIC since they acknowledged receipt of application in December. I suspect the new application would cause significant delays in processing now. Should I cancel representative appointment and submit a new application for all family members now.

Did you give consultant's address or your own address to CIC for them to send test invite?

I'm surprised you haven't cancelled the so-called consultant despite them making errors, that would be a cause for instant dismissal of their service.
Remember they can't threaten you or blackmail you at all. If they try, get the police involved.

I'd strongly advise you to use Form IMM5474 to cancel the representative.
Link to form: www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf

After sending them this signed form, CIC would then deal directly with you.
Make sure you give CIC your own address as well.
You can always reach the CIC Call Centre at 18882422100 or ask help via your local MP (federal member of parliament)

yyc84

Apr 28, 2015
Hi Guys,

Finally this morning the much awaited 5th line appeared on eCas. Test invite sent on June 29 to appear and write Citizenship test on July 31 at 12:45 p.m.

My office should be Mississauga but they had me do FPs so it may turn out to be St. Clair - I will know for sure when I get the letter in the mail.

I don't have access to update the spreadsheet so whoever has edit access, kindly update the spreadsheet for me.

Thanks!

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Hi Guys,

Finally this morning the much awaited 5th line appeared on eCas. Test invite sent on June 29 to appear and write Citizenship test on July 31 at 12:45 p.m.

My office should be Mississauga but they had me do FPs so it may turn out to be St. Clair - I will know for sure when I get the letter in the mail.

I don't have access to update the spreadsheet so whoever has edit access, kindly update the spreadsheet for me.

Thanks!
Updated.

Reactions: yyc84

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Thanks a lot and I really appreciate your response. The consultant has put his address as the mailing address in the application. Now he is suggesting to send the new application to CIC with a letter acknowledging the mistakes. We have not received any communication from CIC since they acknowledged receipt of application in December. I suspect the new application would cause significant delays in processing now. Should I cancel representative appointment and submit a new application for all family members now.

Get in touch with your MP, and/or Call CIC Call Centre and try to get file # and location of file. Tell them you wanna cancel representative. Hopefully the agent helps you and gives you a ax number of wherever your file is. (probably a local CIC office nearest your consultant etc).
Cancel the stupid representative(using the form) and give CIC your personal address in the letter and also request status update.
Order GCMS notes for citizenship file (you can use your UCI# from PR Card), takes a month to get.
If u get a fax number, fax it all to them right away.

No point in sending a new application and spending so much money again. Just fix the current one by sending corrected calculator, and other info whatever was "mistake".
Stay away from such stupid/idiotic consultants.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
my wife became a canadian citizen today, at a special Canada day ceremony.
finally her journey to citizenship is completed, applying ppt next week.

There appear to be a lot of ceremonies scheduled in July for Scarborough office (listed on website), so hopefully everyone gets theirs soon