+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

Khan1234567

May 9, 2017
Hi guys. I am not writing to much on this site but I read more so finally I got decision made on my application. I share my timeline my case office is Scarborough app sent 9 January ip 25January test invitation April 11 test date may 05 decision made on 22 June. Now I am waiting for oath latter. Best of luck for those who are waiting for decision and oath latter and please add my time line to sheet.:);):):)

Last edited:

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Hi all i have a question its been more than 2 months after my test ,the status shows decision made but havent heard about oath since please guide me if i call them or wait more ,my office is mississauga,thanks a lot..
Same for me. I have done my exams April 20. and still waiting on oath schedule.

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Hello everyone

This question is for people who have already appeared for their tests.

The letter or the test invite I got today says that I have to bring certain stuff with me....I'm a little confused about some of it.....if you can help me that'll be great. I'm confused about this one step

All your original documents that support my application (as listed in document checklist)

I'm assuming they don't need a copy of the app lol
Record of landing I'll have my original and I can bring that
Pr card copy I can do

For language evidence I submitted a copy of my uoft degree and original sealed transcript...do I need to order and bring another transcript? Also my original degree is in India......I dunno what to do here

Passport copy I can do

I'm assuming I don't need two more photos lol

Do I need to fill out the online calculator again and bring it?

Sorry for the long post lol but I need to have my ocd satisfied lol..

Thank you in advance

Hi, They are asking you to bring the "original" documents should they have any questions in your documentations. The Immigration would be opening your application form infront of you and will ask you to sign some documents to complete the interview process after your exam.

In my case, i brought all the original documents which I have photocopied and submitted together with my application. I believe it is clearly mentioned not to submit any original documents. But they actually didnt even asked for it. but it is always better to be ready just in case they ask on the interview.

I have personally not read of anyone yet, being asked for documents during the interview within this thread. :)

Hope this helps.

Reactions: BathTdot

BathTdot

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
file shows IP aug 2nd 2014 decision made 12-08-2014
LANDED..........
12-09-2014
Hi, They are asking you to bring the "original" documents should they have any questions in your documentations. The Immigration would be opening your application form infront of you and will ask you to sign some documents to complete the interview process after your exam.

In my case, i brought all the original documents which I have photocopied and submitted together with my application. I believe it is clearly mentioned not to submit any original documents. But they actually didnt even asked for it. but it is always better to be ready just in case they ask on the interview.

I have personally not read of anyone yet, being asked for documents during the interview within this thread. :)

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much :)

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Do we need to find a guarantor and 2 reference for 7 years old child too.
Secondly, can one person sign the applications of all family member as a guarantor . Thanx.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Do we need to find a guarantor and 2 reference for 7 years old child too.
Secondly, can one person sign the applications of all family member as a guarantor . Thanx.
For the child application, only guarantor is needed, references not required.
It should be fine to have one guarantor to sign for everyone, no issues there. Make sure the forms and 1 photo as well is signed by the guarantor.

Reactions: canada1234

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Good Morning everyone.

i got my test invite...FINALLY!!!!

1. We sent you a notice on June 19, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 18, 2017 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I cant access the spreadsheet at work, can someone update it for me....also can someone post the links of practice test websites here so i can use them and start studying....

Also peeps who passed....any tips?
My wife used the Richmond library online test, and also the v-soul tests. Both r little bit different and she also read the book twice.
She did a lot of practice tests online from the above mentioned sites (on her phone), and she passed easily.
It appears to be difficult in the beginning but with time it looks easy as test approaches.
Only people who fail are those that dont take it seriously and/or those that go unprepared..

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
For the child application, only guarantor is needed, references not required.
It should be fine to have one guarantor to sign for everyone, no issues there. Make sure the forms and 1 photo as well is signed by the guarantor.
Thanks & appreciated Canvis2006.

Khan1234567

May 9, 2017
:):):) I am very happy today 6 line appears We sent you a notice on June 23, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 14, 2017 . This is a very good site to read other post and get good knowledge. Please update to sheet. I am January applicant:p

Khan1234567

May 9, 2017
My decision made on June 22 oath latter sent on June 23 and oath ceremony will be held on July 14 2017 . Please update to sheet. Thanks to all on this site members and I wish applicants who are waiting for there citizenship test or oath latter get soon.best wishes :):);)