+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
On the application, it keeps referring to " the relevant period". What does that mean please?

Example: (Work and education history in the six (6) years immediately before the date of your application or since you became PR, if you became a PR within the past six years ( " the relevant periods" )

Thanks

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hi Raj,

In my case my Passport got expired last year July 11, 2016 and never renewed it as in never. So if ever I include an explanatory letter I probably gonna tell them that "I never had a plan to go out Canada that is why I never renewed my Passport". But I didn't include any letter. Also my husband and my friends told me nothing to worry.

My Passport info was:

July 11, 2011- got my passport back home
Dec 25, 2012- My arrival in Canada (port of entry Vancouver)
July 11, 2016- expires (never renewed till now)

Jan 2, 2017 -- applied for citizenship (used my expired passport)

Just about to apply and my passport also expired Jan. 2016 and has not been renewed since then. Landed in 2013

So, on question "6E", ( Are there any gaps in time in the validity period of your passports or travel documents during the past (6) years, or since you became PR, whichever is more recent? ) would this be considered as a gap in validity? Yes or No

Please, What exactly did you indicate Jenifer?

Thanks
Joe

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
Just about to apply and my passport also expired Jan. 2016 and has not been renewed since then. Landed in 2013

So, on question "6E", ( Are there any gaps in time in the validity period of your passports or travel documents during the past (6) years, or since you became PR, whichever is more recent? ) would this be considered as a gap in validity? Yes or No

Please, What exactly did you indicate Jenifer?

Thanks
Joe

Hi Joe,

Back home in 2011, before I applied for spousal visa I renewed my passport. That was back in June 2011 and Issued July 2011.

So the answer in my Citizenship application form at Q. 6E was "NO" that's it, because I chose the "or since you became PR" my current passport that I used never renewed since I landed here in Canada as a PR. Until now even though I became a Canadian I haven't applied for Canadian passport.

I did not choose the "during the past (6) years because If I did, I had to provide the photocopy and the original passport. That old passport of mine, I left it back home. Plus my old passport back home wasn't expired when I renewed it. I just want a clean passport before applying here back then.

I chose the easiest way. If you still have a question do not hesitate to reach for me. I'll answer it whenever I have time. Goodluck to on your upcoming citizenship application.

Last edited:

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hi Joe,

Back home in 2011, before I applied for spousal visa I renewed my passport. That was back in June 2011 and Issued July 2011.

So the answer in my Citizenship application form at Q. 6E was "NO" that's it, because I chose the "or since you became PR" my current passport that I used never renewed since I landed here in Canada as a PR. Until now even though I became a Canadian I haven't applied for Canadian passport.

I did not choose the "during the past (6) years because If I did, I had to provide the photocopy and the original passport. That old passport of mine, I left it back home. Plus my old passport back home wasn't expired when I renewed it. I just want a clean passport before applying here back then.

I chose the easiest way. If you still have a question do not hesitate to reach for me. I'll answer it whenever I have time. Goodluck to on your upcoming citizenship application.
Thanks Jen for the open offer to assist always. I believe I am going to require some help at some points, as this forms could be tricky sometimes, depending on one's circumstances...
Joe

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Seniors here please...Few more questions on the application...I am not a January applicant, and i apologize for buzzing you guys here. I figure I'd tap your knowledge and experience...

Question 1

How does one complete the "Work and Education" form on question "6H", without unknowingly creating a gap in the employment history? I have had uninterrupted FULL TIME jobs since becoming PR. I have also had two PART TIME Jobs in-between. Entering the Full time jobs, my form on ( Q6H) looks good, but I can't seem to figure how to record my part time work on it.

Question 2

I have a daughter who is just 20 months and attend just home care only 2-3 days a week. Would that be considered as school on question "6I" on the application form? If not, I should just check off the "Child is not at school age" box and "N/A" on the columns?

Any advice/opinion/comments are welcomed please.

Thanks
Joe

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
please can you help me on test readings
Is it enough to read Discover Canada.
Please advise

Hi zeeAJ,

I read the Discover Canada before 3-4 times. And practiced the free online test. The links below was the one I used before. I got 20/20 before on my written test. Also do not worry the test was easy. Hope this help you. Good Luck... By the way as I mention they were all FREE.

1. http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca/
2. http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/mobile/
3. http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz
4. http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/
5. http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

Last edited:

Joe Joe

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
please can you help me on test readings
Is it enough to read Discover Canada.
Please advise
Hii, as Jennifer said 3 4 times and more important practicing online, I found richmond library very helpful.dont stress out..easy test