+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

hegelff

Mar 20, 2017
Raj_Hoque said:
hegelff,

Sorry to hear that you got rejection mail. I applied for my mom in the lottery and I'm the fortunate one that I win the lottery and got mail to invite for application. But question to you is how the Liberals are to be blamed for that? Earlier the cap was 5,000 and Liberals increased it to 10,000 but you had to do all the paper work and fee and send to Mississauga on the first working day of the year....your whole file could be returned to you if you slightly miss 10,000 numbers...even if you are 10,001 no applicant your whole file could have been returned to you. Lottery has enabled fair and random selection for applications. Save lot of your paper work and time...my opinion is go for Super Visa for parents...Lottery is an uncertain thing...you can bring them on Super visa and try to win the lottery every year when they are here...who knows you could get lucky next time...!

Good Luck
congrats, Raj. First thing first, people should not be the subject for lottery, especially old people. It's not Canadian value. Second, with supervisa, you have to leave the country every 1 or 2 years. If your parents are in hospital when they have to leave Canada, what will you do? I've been in Canada for more than 10 years, got my phd degree in Canada, having a stable job with decent salary. I deemed myself as Canadian already, but now this idea has changed. I don't even care about getting so-called free medicare. I would like to pay full health insurance for my parents. the only thing I need is allow them to stay with me when they are old and need my help. with this lottery system, you can imagine how many people like me will never get their parents to reunite with them, no matter how hard they work, no matter how much tax they pay. Before I got the email from CIC, I'm proud of becoming Canadian. But after this, I'm considering leaving Canada soon because my parents are getting old. This Canadian citizenship actually is somewhat useless to me. Again, congrats to you and all the lucky guys.

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
hegelff said:
congrats, Raj. First thing first, people should not be the subject for lottery, especially old people. It's not Canadian value. Second, with supervisa, you have to leave the country every 1 or 2 years. If your parents are in hospital when they have to leave Canada, what will you do? I've been in Canada for more than 10 years, got my phd degree in Canada, having a stable job with decent salary. I deemed myself as Canadian already, but now this idea has changed. I don't even care about getting so-called free medicare. I would like to pay full health insurance for my parents. the only thing I need is allow them to stay with me when they are old and need my help. with this lottery system, you can imagine how many people like me will never get their parents to reunite with them, no matter how hard they work, no matter how much tax they pay. Before I got the email from CIC, I'm proud of becoming Canadian. But after this, I'm considering leaving Canada soon because my parents are getting old. This Canadian citizenship actually is somewhat useless to me. Again, congrats to you and all the lucky guys.
I am really sorry to hear about your situation. Yes, you are right, human being shouldn't be a meant for lottery? But think wisely..what happened in US with DV lottery. Every year 50,000 people got to win the lottery and this way they can manage how people should come. Now in your case you have valid point having jobs, paying tax etc but do you think you are only among 10,000 people...there could be another 15,000 people qualified for this parental immigration. I agree government should find more meaningful solutions to that problem, but even though in that case they can't accommodate all of them, right? As far as Super visa is concerned I assure you that parents doesn't have to go back every 2 years in supervisa...they just need to extend the visa staying inside Canada. Trust me...they don't need to go outside to renew supervisa. For hospital need your insurance for super visa will cover emergency...you just have to shop around for good insurance company. I wish you good luck.

hegelff

Mar 20, 2017
Raj_Hoque said:
I am really sorry to hear about your situation. Yes, you are right, human being shouldn't be a meant for lottery? But think wisely..what happened in US with DV lottery. Every year 50,000 people got to win the lottery and this way they can manage how people should come. Now in your case you have valid point having jobs, paying tax etc but do you think you are only among 10,000 people...there could be another 15,000 people qualified for this parental immigration. I agree government should find more meaningful solutions to that problem, but even though in that case they can't accommodate all of them, right? As far as Super visa is concerned I assure you that parents doesn't have to go back every 2 years in supervisa...they just need to extend the visa staying inside Canada. Trust me...they don't need to go outside to renew supervisa. For hospital need your insurance for super visa will cover emergency...you just have to shop around for good insurance company. I wish you good luck.
Yeah, I think you are right about supervisor. I've already got a job offer in my home country and will leave Canada soon. Contacting my realtor to put my house on market. I think Canada will lose a lot of capable people for this lottery thing. BTW, DV is different from this parental sponsorship in nature. DV is just for opportunities to work in US, not about family reunion. Parental sponsorship is more about humanity issue.

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
hegelff said:
I don't think so. Actually it was Conservatives that reopened the parental sponsorship. Liberal government changed the application rule one week before application submission opening date for 2017, thousands of people got big loss of the fee paid to lawyers and couriers. around 100,000 people submitted expression of interest form online, among which a big proportion would be unqualified. But still CIC run the lottery sampling on such problematic pool and selected 10,000 people to submit application (odds is only 10%, and a lot of selected applicants could be unqualified at the first place). Do you still think Liberals are better than conservatives, even on the matters of immigrants??
I highly suggest this discussion be in on a different forum. ;D

srh98

Apr 27, 2017
Hi! I'm new to the forum! Congrats to all on this post who have already received their proof of citizenship :)

I wondered if anyone might be able to help - as I see this topic relates to January 2017 people!

I am a UK citizen and resident, and before Christmas I applied for proof of Canadian citizenship as my mum was born in Canada and has a current passport. I received an email on the 12th of Jan saying that my application had been received and that "The application and documents will now be reviewed and we will contact you if additional information is required." I applied via Nova Scotia.

I have been trying to check the status of my application on the cic dot ga site, but I'm finding that the system always says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided." I can see that some other people replying in this thread have already received notice that their applications are in process or have completed - but I've heard nothing so far. Is there any way I can contact the processing centre to see what is going on with my case?

Thanks in advance!

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
srh98 said:
Hi! I'm new to the forum! Congrats to all on this post who have already received their proof of citizenship :)

I wondered if anyone might be able to help - as I see this topic relates to January 2017 people!

I am a UK citizen and resident, and before Christmas I applied for proof of Canadian citizenship as my mum was born in Canada and has a current passport. I received an email on the 12th of Jan saying that my application had been received and that "The application and documents will now be reviewed and we will contact you if additional information is required." I applied via Nova Scotia.

I have been trying to check the status of my application on the cic dot ga site, but I'm finding that the system always says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided." I can see that some other people replying in this thread have already received notice that their applications are in process or have completed - but I've heard nothing so far. Is there any way I can contact the processing centre to see what is going on with my case?

Thanks in advance!

Be sure you are typing in the right information in the website.
Client ID typically works fine, which could be found on your PR Card ID number.

The only other resort you can do is call their hotline 1-888-242-2100, they should be able to help you out. :)

srh98

Apr 27, 2017
YumiMedina said:
Be sure you are typing in the right information in the website.
Client ID typically works fine, which could be found on your PR Card ID number.

The only other resort you can do is call their hotline 1-888-242-2100, they should be able to help you out. :)
Thanks YumiMedina, unfortunately I've tried every combination of UCI number and Application Number / PR number from the letter I received.

I did try calling the hotline number but sadly it only works if you're in Canada - and I'm in London, England at the moment.

I guess I'll have to wait until the 5 months is up and contact them via the webform on the CIC website!

visitor007

Oct 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news friends---mississauga
I just checked my mail box..and guess what :eek:

I got oath letters for my family ;D ;D ;D

Finally after 3months of DM
No status update in ecas for oath though ::)

Oath is on may/17/2017 in toronto :p :p

Good luck everyone

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
visitor007 said:
Good news friends---mississauga
I just checked my mail box..and guess what :eek:

I got oath letters for my family ;D ;D ;D

Finally after 3months of DM
No status update in ecas for oath though ::)

Oath is on may/17/2017 in toronto :p :p

Good luck everyone

Congratulation to you and your family visitor007 ...!!!

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
I was hoping to receive my test invitation in April :(

36% of Jan applicants are either still waiting for test invitation or have not updated the excel sheet !!

Congrats to all of those who completed their citizenship journey or about to complete it. Wish you all the best in your life

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sa3Sa3 said:
I was hoping to receive my test invitation in April :(

36% of Jan applicants are either still waiting for test invitation or have not updated the excel sheet !!

Congrats to all of those who completed their citizenship journey or about to complete it. Wish you all the best in your life
Don't worry, look at my time line. You are not alone.

Creative85

Oct 24, 2016
I have donr my FP in 23rd March and no response yet. Any one in the same case as mine. Please can you share what could be the reason? I have sent my application on 3rd Jan and received the FP request. no test or anything yet.