+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
research-scientist said:
Mine also says:
We started processing your application on February 2, 2017.

No test yet.
Im curious whats taking hers so long. haahhaahaha Hers was in process from Feb 08 (Scarborough location).

hegelff

Mar 20, 2017
Good to the test notice on Apr 26, and the test is on May 11.
CIC is so slow at this.
But got rejection email about my sponsorship application for my parents. Will contact media to complain about CIC's incompetence of doing their job. Will never vote for Liberals in my life. never, ever!

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
YumiMedina said:
Hmmmmmmmm, I am still waiting for my sister's application to be processed. I am now waiting for oath taking, and she still hasnt received her test invite. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Wooohooooo!!!! My sister "Conny" just received her exam invite for May 17... :) If you may please uppate accordingly.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hegelff said:
CIC is so slow at this.
But got rejection email about my sponsorship application for my parents. Will contact media to complain about CIC's incompetence of doing their job. Will never vote for Liberals in my life. never, ever!
plz share your full timeline..or update here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=1320160770

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YumiMedina said:
Wooohooooo!!!! My sister "Conny" just received her exam invite for May 17... :) If you may please uppate accordingly.
done

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
adubey said:
I dont think Vancouver could be slower than Toronto :)
Or Scarborough. ahhaahahhah. I just think its just generally slow now. and its always a case to case basis. "Individual" application.

Raf

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
yeah in GTA the slowest office seems to be Scarborough office.
Tons of people done tests yet oaths are still not scheduled.
Very slow indeed.

zeeAJ

Jan 13, 2017
hegelff said:
CIC is so slow at this.
when did you got parents application mail.

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
But don't vote for conservatives, they are against immigrants all the line. They will find the first chance to stip your citizenship once you get it under the liberals.

hegelff said:
CIC is so slow at this.

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
hegelff said:
CIC is so slow at this.
hegelff,

Sorry to hear that you got rejection mail. I applied for my mom in the lottery and I'm the fortunate one that I win the lottery and got mail to invite for application. But question to you is how the Liberals are to be blamed for that? Earlier the cap was 5,000 and Liberals increased it to 10,000 but you had to do all the paper work and fee and send to Mississauga on the first working day of the year....your whole file could be returned to you if you slightly miss 10,000 numbers...even if you are 10,001 no applicant your whole file could have been returned to you. Lottery has enabled fair and random selection for applications. Save lot of your paper work and time...my opinion is go for Super Visa for parents...Lottery is an uncertain thing...you can bring them on Super visa and try to win the lottery every year when they are here...who knows you could get lucky next time...!

Good Luck

hegelff

Mar 20, 2017
CanadianME said:
But don't vote for conservatives, they are against immigrants all the line. They will find the first chance to stip your citizenship once you get it under the liberals.
I don't think so. Actually it was Conservatives that reopened the parental sponsorship. Liberal government changed the application rule one week before application submission opening date for 2017, thousands of people got big loss of the fee paid to lawyers and couriers. around 100,000 people submitted expression of interest form online, among which a big proportion would be unqualified. But still CIC run the lottery sampling on such problematic pool and selected 10,000 people to submit application (odds is only 10%, and a lot of selected applicants could be unqualified at the first place). Do you still think Liberals are better than conservatives, even on the matters of immigrants??