Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
congrats to those who received oath notices and dates.
hopefully everyone else hears from ircc soon.

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj_Hoque said:
dell....see my theory and suggestions got you 20/20 :D Now pay up! May be 100 bucks would be enough ;D lol...kidding man...congrats and yes it is surprising that they handover the oath letter right after the exam that means they already have schedule for oath and counted the numbers including you for upcoming nearest oath...lucky you I say...Good Luck for your next endeavor whatever you wanna play with the Canadian passport ;)
haha....No kidding but there were some tricky questions on there and the book needed to be read. Anyway, I am glad that chapter is now over. Thanks though

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
CanadianSoonToBe said:
Hi guys- I'm just looking for advice for my application.
Has anyone had to do a police clearance done from India? I am not sure I need one but I wanted to know if anyone could help me there.

I plan to apply on April 30, 2017, they need a police clearance done if in the last 4 years I have stayed in any other country for 183 days or more which means the period of April 30 2013- April 30 2017. I stayed from India 27th June 2012 to 5th June 2013. So I did stay 6 months in 2013 in India but only 2 months actually fall in the 4 year period.

So is it safe to say that I do not need a police clearance done from Indian consulate?
Hi

I have a similar situation too but i still got my police clearance done that takes about a week's time. Its better to play safe than to be asked to submit this paper again which might delay the process by months. Since you are applying on April 30th, I would say, get it done. You will have it before April 30th.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
timhortons said:
Hi

I have a similar situation too but i still got my police clearance done that takes about a week's time. Its better to play safe than to be asked to submit this paper again which might delay the process by months. Since you are applying on April 30th, I would say, get it done. You will have it before April 30th.
Okay! Thanks for the suggestion- I guess I really should get it done anyway. I read for some people it took 3-4 weeks to get the police clearance which is why I was a little hesitant. But thanks for letting me know- I'll just go for it! Big help! :)

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I took the oath today. It was a great day, simply unbelievable. I took the test on thursday and became a citizen on saturday. things moved so quickly.

The ceremony was a joyous event. The officer took away my pr card but gave us our citizenship certificate. It has been six hours since the event, I am so overwhelmed with joy

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
dell said:
I took the oath today. It was a great day, simply unbelievable. I took the test on thursday and became a citizen on saturday. things moved so quickly.

The ceremony was a joyous event. The officer took away my pr card but gave us our citizenship certificate. It has been six hours since the event, I am so overwhelmed with joy
Finally the wait is going to be over soon: "We sent you a notice on April 20, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment"

Amazingly my immigration file took 2 and 1/2 years to complete whereas Citizenship file took 2 and 1/2 months only...Hats off to IRCC :)

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 more ceremonies scheduled for scarborough in May. Now a total of 3 compared to 1 last week.

that's something i guess :)

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
dkera said:
2 more ceremonies scheduled for scarborough in May. Now a total of 3 compared to 1 last week.

that's something i guess :)
Hi Dkera,
Have you received your oath schedule already?
Thanks.

Yumi

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Hi folks,

Any January Applicants from Edmonton got notice for oath ?

My test was on March 21st.

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm, I am still waiting for my sister's application to be processed. I am now waiting for oath taking, and she still hasnt received her test invite. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine also says:
We started processing your application on February 2, 2017.

No test yet.
YumiMedina said:
Hmmmmmmmm, I am still waiting for my sister's application to be processed. I am now waiting for oath taking, and she still hasnt received her test invite. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Manutd7

Apr 25, 2017
venky321 said:
Hi folks,

Any January Applicants from Edmonton got notice for oath ?

My test was on March 21st.
Hi. My test was also on 21 March but no oath notice yet. Status also says still in process. Getting worried now since people here usually got their status changed to Decision made next day of their test. My officer was still waiting for security clearance she said at the time of interview. Not sure how long it will take.

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am glad to see some progress for some of us.

I got my oath letter yesterday, for May 3rd :)

Best of luck everyone!

Cheers!!