+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

fortesquieu

Jan 4, 2017
Hello,

My wife and I received letters dated Mar 23, 2017 for FP then received test letters dated Mar 24, 2017.

Isn't that kinda weird? :D

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fortesquieu said:
Hello,

My wife and I received letters dated Mar 23, 2017 for FP then received test letters dated Mar 24, 2017.

Isn't that kinda weird? :D
I think FP requests are from local office so with in the city it takes only 1 day.

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
HI JUST wanted to check if below timeline could be added on the list. Unfortunately my sister is still waiting for the exam schedule, 2 weeks after i received mine.

YumiMedina said:
Hi Just wanted to add my sisters timeline on her application.
We applied on the exact same date. I got my invitation to take the exam, a week ago, but she still has NOT receive any.
If you may please add her to the time

My sisters (Conny) timeline below:
DAYS: 1516
SENT APPLICATION Jan 24, 2017
APPLICATION RECEIVED: Jan 26, 2017
AOR LETTER: Feb 02, 2017
IN PROCESS: Feb 08, 2017

PS: I received the actual letter to take the exam yesterday.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YumiMedina said:
HI JUST wanted to check if below timeline could be added on the list. Unfortunately my sister is still waiting for the exam schedule, 2 weeks after i received mine.
done.

and spreadsheet, once again, tidied up.

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012

I've done my test and interview three days ago. We did the written test first then, signed the Prohibitions form afterwards one-on-one interview. The Immigration officer showed and tells me about the result of the test before my interview started. She congratulates me and told me that I did passed and got perfect score 20/20. My interview was super fast 3-4 minutes unlike the others.

I noticed that if your family members are PR status, they ask too much questions. Like the two gilrs got interviewed first before me their sponsors are PR status. Unlike mine was Canadian Citizen. They asked them like, what does your sponsor do for living? How long his been here? How did you meet? Do you file your tax and so on.

Meanwhile the immigration officer who performed my interview was the same person who did their too. She never asked me those questions. But I don't mind if she does because I had plenty of time... But before my interview ends the immigration officer told me that I just have to wait 2 months maximum for my Oath letter thru mail.

Also, after the test they'll give you a Prohibitions Under the Citizenship Act form we had to read and answer it TRUTHFULLY.

All I can say to those whose going for their test and interview that NOTHING TO WORRY. Just relax and be yourself. Best of luck to all...

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
0jenifer0 said:

I've done my test and interview three days ago. We did the written test first then, signed the Prohibitions form afterwards one-on-one interview. The Immigration officer showed and tells me about the result of the test before my interview started. She congratulates me and told me that I did passed and got perfect score 20/20. My interview was super fast 3-4 minutes unlike the others.

I noticed that if your family members are PR status, they ask too much questions. Like the two gilrs got interviewed first before me their sponsors are PR status. Unlike mine was Canadian Citizen. They asked them like, what does your sponsor do for living? How long his been here? How did you meet? Do you file your tax and so on.

Meanwhile the immigration officer who performed my interview was the same person who did their too. She never asked me those questions. But I don't mind if she does because I had plenty of time... But before my interview ends the immigration officer told me that I just have to wait 2 months maximum for my Oath letter thru mail.

Also, after the test they'll give you a Prohibitions Under the Citizenship Act form we had to read and answer it TRUTHFULLY.

All I can say to those whose going for their test and interview that NOTHING TO WORRY. Just relax and be yourself. Goodluck to
Congrats! Jenifer. Would you mind to tell that how long it took you to wait for an interview after test.

Jusia

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just came back from my test. I got 20/20 and left after couple of minutes. Waited for another 5 minutes in the line and my interview was quick. I must say I was one of the first people who left the test so I'm not sure how long other people had to wait.
The officer just reviewed my documents, asked what do I do for living and said it would take 1-3 months to get invited for my citizenship ceremony.
As Jennifer said there is nothing to worry, just read the book do some tests online and you will be fine.

Good luck to everyone :)

JVO

Feb 17, 2017
0jenifer0 said:

All I can say to those whose going for their test and interview that NOTHING TO WORRY. Just relax and be yourself. Goodluck to

Hi Jenifer,

Congrats on your successful exam. I have sent you a PM. Patulong po sana ako.

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Jusia said:
Just came back from my test. I got 20/20 and left after couple of minutes. Waited for another 5 minutes in the line and my interview was quick. I must say I was one of the first people who left the test so I'm not sure how long other people had to wait.
The officer just reviewed my documents, asked what do I do for living and said it would take 1-3 months to get invited for my citizenship ceremony.
As Jennifer said there is nothing to worry, just read the book do some tests online and you will be fine.

Good luck to everyone :)
Congrats!

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
Yesterday Passed the test, interview was super easy just routine questions.
just checked online status which has been changed to Decision Made
I was told to wait for oath letter within 6 Weeks. :)

WithLuv

Jul 3, 2010
0jenifer0 said:

Congrats Jenifer ...excellent description... I see why you are a champion member..!! I passed the test too with 20/20 and my wife with 18/20 on March 23 but still waiting for DM status. :( :( I see most of the folks got the status changed to DM the next day. Good luck to all...!!

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
JVO said:
Hi Jenifer,

Congrats on your successful exam. I have sent you a PM. Patulong po sana ako.

Hi JVO,

PM'd you back already...