Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
FP only required when someone else who has same or close to your name has a record in the CPIC database.
Then it gets filtered out by way of fingerprints. It will get you the clearance you need (rcmp).

3 types of Clearances: FOSS/GCMS(immigration), Criminality(police/rcmp), CSIS(security clearance).
(Fingerprint takes care of the 2nd type.)

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
canada1234 said:
Hi Sa,
It's probably a FP request. Have you travelled outside of canada in the last 4 years or not? Just curious that to whom specifically they send the FP request or is it just a random.
I don't know yet if it is the FP request or something else? an RQ ???

Anyway, to answer your question. Yes, I traveled for a total of 151 days "11 trips"

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
canvis2006 said:
FP only required when someone else who has same or close to your name has a record in the CPIC database.
Then it gets filtered out by way of fingerprints. It will get you the clearance you need (rcmp).

3 types of Clearances: FOSS/GCMS(immigration), Criminality(police/rcmp), CSIS(security clearance).
(Fingerprint takes care of the 2nd type.)
OR may be because the officer didn't like the sound of my name !!! 8)

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
newbrunswicker said:
Use the first one if you are sending regular mail.
If you use Canada post express or any other courier, use the second one.
I would recommend using Canada post express, it would allow you track and its quite faster as well, takes only couple business days and you also get a proof of delivery.
Thanks newbrunswicker and Jenifer. By the way newbrunswicker fron which city did you apply from? I'm in fredericton. Mind to keep in touch separately?

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
It looks like a month lead time for Toronto Office from "In Process" to the test invite from December applications. hmmmmmmmm.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hitchhiker40 said:
Question: 10 in the citizenship application form says "if granted citizenship"... means it applies after citizenship has been granted. See below.

10. INTENTION

I intend, if granted citizenship,

- to continue to reside in Canada;
- to enter into, or continue in, employment outside Canada in or with the Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province, otherwise than as a locally engaged person; or
- to reside with my spouse or common-law partner, or parent, who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident and is employed outside Canada in or with the Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province, otherwise than as a locally engaged person.
Please make sure you are fully informed before presenting conclusions of your own.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/residence/intention.asp

As you can see here:

"Officers will be assessing the applicant’s intention if granted citizenship (i.e., what the applicant intends to do after becoming a citizen). Applicants must hold this intention to reside if granted citizenship from the time they sign their application to the time they take the Oath. The intent to reside is required to obtain citizenship but no longer applies once citizenship is granted. Once citizenship is granted, a citizen has the right to enter, remain in, and leave Canada as guaranteed by the Charter."

People are making a MUCH bigger deal of this than it actually is.

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
dkera said:
Please make sure you are fully informed before presenting conclusions of your own.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/residence/intention.asp

As you can see here:

"Officers will be assessing the applicant’s intention if granted citizenship (i.e., what the applicant intends to do after becoming a citizen). Applicants must hold this intention to reside if granted citizenship from the time they sign their application to the time they take the Oath. The intent to reside is required to obtain citizenship but no longer applies once citizenship is granted. Once citizenship is granted, a citizen has the right to enter, remain in, and leave Canada as guaranteed by the Charter."

People are making a MUCH bigger deal of this than it actually is.
Hi dkera,

See this below:

Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
Yes. There is not a requirement to stay in Canada while we process your application. Please also note that if you applied on or after June 11, 2015, you must also declare your intent to reside in Canada in order to be eligible.

If you need to leave Canada there are several risks you should be aware of.

If you leave Canada, you must continue to meet your residency obligation to keep permanent resident (PR) status. You must be a permanent resident to become a citizen and not just when you apply. If you lose PR status before you take the Oath of Citizenship, you cannot become a citizen. Bring your PR card with you when you leave Canada so you can return easily. Make sure the card will not expire while you are outside Canada. (If your PR card expires, it does not mean you have lost PR status.)

We generally only mail letters, notices and other material to addresses in Canada, although in some cases, you will receive an e-mail from us. You must reply to these letters within a certain amount of time. If you do not reply within the timeframe and do not provide an acceptable reason for not being able to keep your appointment with us, we will close your application.

You must attend appointments and other events at our offices, like your citizenship test, interview and ceremony. These events only take place in Canada. If you cannot attend the appointment or event, you must write a letter of explanation to the local office that sent you the event notice. You may also send this letter using this Web form.

I'm going for a 3 weeks vacation and before that I will mail my citizenship application. As per their info the only risk is if you loose PR status.

Mzoubi

Jan 1, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sa3Sa3 said:
I don't know yet if it is the FP request or something else? an RQ ???

Anyway, to answer your question. Yes, I traveled for a total of 151 days "11 trips"
Been away for a while... could this be your test invite? I know that chances are minimal here, and to your point, this maybe a FP request...best of luck... keep us posted on what that may be...

Joe Joe

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
I had to translate my passport from another language, the office stamped the photocopies of my passport and the translation itself as well but independently is this enough, or should attach each page with its translation and stamp the stable.Any help would be appreciated

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Joe Joe said:
I had to translate my passport from another language, the office stamped the photocopies of my passport and the translation itself as well but independently is this enough, or should attach each page with its translation and stamp the stable.Any help would be appreciated
Not sure if they can accept individual translations.
I'm doing the same for a couple of arabic stamps in passport, getting them translated and notarized. Will submit that if necessary. Eventhough we also have CBSA stamp in passport verifying the return to Canada.

No harm in trying if it saves you money

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
dkera said:
first Toronto interview scheduled :)
do we know if its st clair or scarborough office, by any chance?