+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dell said:
Oh nice. So you have a European passport ? what exactly is the benefit of a Canadian passport in this case to you as you can go anywhere you want anyway ? I have a third world country passport, it is a huge upgrade to me.
Being able to vote.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godzilla9 said:
You cannot return to Canada without PR card even with European passport.
Actually that's technically incorrect.

If you haven't renewed your PR you are treated as any other non resident visiting. My county doesn't require a visa to enter Canada so I doubt I would have an issue even if I travel after my PR card expires. If my citizenship isn't done by yet I'll just renew it anyway though

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
dkera said:

If you haven't renewed your PR you are treated as any other non resident visiting. My county doesn't require a visa to enter Canada so I doubt I would have an issue even if I travel after my PR card expires. If my citizenship isn't done by yet I'll just renew it anyway though
Have you seen this?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sa3Sa3 said:
Have you seen this?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp
I have. it only applies to air travel, not land.

Also, as I said, I'll renew my PR if November comes and my citizenship isn't a done deal yet ;)

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
dkera said:

I have a colleague who is a Canadian PR working in the US. Her PR status as well as PR card has expired. She could not travel to Canada with her European passport. She was told that since her status has expired she needs to apply for renunciation of PR status until then she is like in a suspended mode. She talked to our company immigration lawyer and they confirmed that the response she got from Canadian authorities was correct. So, she had to cancel her trip to Canada and apply for renunciation.

Joe Joe

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Godzilla9 said:
I have a colleague who is a Canadian PR working in the US. Her PR status as well as PR card has expired. She could not travel to Canada with her European passport. She was told that since her status has expired she needs to apply for renunciation of PR status until then she is like in a suspended mode. She talked to our company immigration lawyer and they confirmed that the response she got from Canadian authorities was correct. So, she had to cancel her trip to Canada and apply for
renunciation.
There is a differnence between status and the physical card...

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship test invite :)

Also, even though I don't think I've seen this mentioned in this forum before, before they added the 4th line to my eCas (about invite for test) I could only see status update of progress for my citizenship application.

This morning, for some reason, my permanent application status (DM) also showed up. It's from 5 years ago but it wasn't showing up on eCas until yesterday. Now I put in my CID and information and I have two sections to check for progress. PR and Citizenship. One DM and one in progress. I guess they "linked" my two cases.

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats buddy! So happy for you. I waited 4 weeks for AOR and now over 40 days since IP and no update.
dkera said:

Also, even though I don't think I've seen this mentioned in this forum before, before they added the 4th line to my eCas (about invite for test) I could only see status update of progress for my citizenship application.

This morning, for some reason, my permanent application status (DM) also showed up. It's from 5 years ago but it wasn't showing up on eCas until yesterday. Now I put in my CID and information and I have two sections to check for progress. PR and Citizenship. One DM and one in progress. I guess they "linked" my two cases.

naikabhay11

Jan 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,I and my wife wrote citizenship test 2day.questions were super easy.got 19/20 and me wife also 19/20.
Citizenship officer verified all original docs..everything went fine few concerns initially raised..I have 2 different signatures ..in my drivers license and health card..clarified and convinced.my wife's has 2 passports old and new..some how there was a stamp impression of something that was not arrival or departure Stamps...explained her...told she had no concerns ...didn't told about oath...I hope everything is fine..thanks...and all the best to all..

atand

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28 April 2011
AOR Received.
04 Nov 2011
Med's Request
13 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
21 Jan 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
20-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2013
naikabhay11 said:
Hey guys,I and my wife wrote citizenship test 2day.questions were super easy.got 19/20 and me wife also 19/20.
Citizenship officer verified all original docs..everything went fine few concerns initially raised..I have 2 different signatures ..in my drivers license and health card..clarified and convinced.my wife's has 2 passports old and new..some how there was a stamp impression of something that was not arrival or departure Stamps...explained her...told she had no concerns ...didn't told about oath...I hope everything is fine..thanks...and all the best to all..
Hello! What website did u use to review for the test?

Thanks,

naikabhay11

Jan 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atand said:
Hello! What website did u use to review for the test?

Thanks,
I used few free app for practice test and read the book twice..most questions are straight forward...few you have to read twice. Don't stress yourself....18/20 questions will be easy..you need 15 to pass.

adubey

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
dkera said:

Congrats Dkera! So atleast some things are moving. Now I am looking at MAZ...

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adubey said:
spreadsheet updated, sorted and tidied up :)

Mzoubi

Jan 1, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adubey said:
It's been +50 days since In process, it seems I'm on top of the list of applicants with no test invite yet ( been there for some time) ::)

No news on the invite yet: FP process could be the reason why