+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

Jusia

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's what I think. Usually it takes couple of weeks before CIC sends a request for FP. I'm getting impatient and check my mail box every day. I'm just afraid that there is a mistake that someone accidentally put this 4th line on my ecas and never physically sent anything...
Anyway I will let you know what that is.. Maybe I will get something today...

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
yyc84 said:
Just checked eCAS and the status has been updated to "In Process" as of January 26.

For those in the GTA, does anyone know how you find out what your local office is?

I applied from Brampton so you would think my local office would be Mississauga but when my wife applied last year, they sent her file to St. Clair and I know people from Mississauga who ended up at Scarborough.
For Brampton residents Mississauga would be the closest, rather than St Clair or Scarborough(this is far!)

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
research-scientist said:
Where can I get the CIC Sydney phone number? This is just ridiculous. Got my application back first time I mailed then resent and no AOR after 24 days.
The only number is that of CIC Call Centre.
1-888-242-2100

Jusia

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
research-scientist said:
Where can I get the CIC Sydney phone number? This is just ridiculous. Got my application back first time I mailed then resent and no AOR after 24 days.

Let us know what they said.

FAND4

Jan 27, 2017
Hi, I am new here and my case is the following..

I sent my application (family of four) Jan. 15 and it was delivered 19 and returned back 27 because I did not sign my Physical Presence Calculator.

everything I sent is included except for the Chick Lists, I do not know why... so my question is, should I print the check lists for myself and my family members again and send them?

can anyone help me and thank you so much

Jusia

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soooo mystery solved. I finally got the mail from CIC today. They returned my proof of language which is CELPIP certificate. I sent the original along with my application because I got 2 copies from Paragon. So I guess everything is OK. :D

Jusia

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FAND4 said:
Hi, I am new here and my case is the following..

I sent my application (family of four) Jan. 15 and it was delivered 19 and returned back 27 because I did not sign my Physical Presence Calculator.

everything I sent is included except for the Chick Lists, I do not know why... so my question is, should I print the check lists for myself and my family members again and send them?

can anyone help me and thank you so much
I would do that. At the bottom of the Check List it says to send the list with your application.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jusia said:
Soooo mystery solved. I finally got the mail from CIC today. They returned my proof of language which is CELPIP certificate. I sent the original along with my application because I got 2 copies from Paragon. So I guess everything is OK. :D
Hey Jusia,

That's very weird. Paragon explicitly tells you that they give you two so you can send one to CIC. The mail you received; does it say anything else? Does it ask for anything? Or did they simply return that to you with nothing else in the envelope?
I would hate to have something like that returned and ask for example for a photocopy of the very same document you just sent.

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012

Congrats to everyone who had received their AOR and got changed their status into In Process at ecas. Congrats again guys...

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
0jenifer0 said:

Congrats to everyone who had received their AOR and got changed their status into In Process at ecas. Congrats again guys...

you are next :)

capricorrn

Jan 27, 2017
I am a future applicant who lives in a Border City Windsor. I commute to US every day since I work there. I have a house in Windsor and have completed close to 3 years in Windsor on PR. Will I be eligible to apply for Canadian Citizenship after 4 years. Does my working in US will make me not eligible. I come back to Windsor every day and have not stayed for more than 12 hours any day in USA and my I-94 would also show the same details. Please respond.

Jusia

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dkera said:
Hey Jusia,

That's very weird. Paragon explicitly tells you that they give you two so you can send one to CIC. The mail you received; does it say anything else? Does it ask for anything? Or did they simply return that to you with nothing else in the envelope?
I would hate to have something like that returned and ask for example for a photocopy of the very same document you just sent.
It is very odd. I only got my score report and a piece of paper that states:
Return of original documents.
We are returning the document(s) that you sent to this office with your citizenship application.

Before the CELPIP exam we were told we would get 2 copies of a score report to send along with the citizenship application. I guess an officer made a copy of my report and decided to return the original.. (?)

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jusia said:
It is very odd. I only got my score report and a piece of paper that states:
Return of original documents.
We are returning the document(s) that you sent to this office with your citizenship application.

Before the CELPIP exam we were told we would get 2 copies of a score report to send along with the citizenship application. I guess an officer made a copy of my report and decided to return the original.. (?)
i remember that from CELPIP too; that they give you 2 copies to send one to CIC.
If the officer made a copy then that's fine.

It would be ironic though to send you the original with a note "we asked for a photocopy" :)

but hey! good news! you now know for sure that your application is being processed.
mine is IP, I sent the original as well but didn't get that message in ecas :p