+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

foreverbailey

Star Member
Dec 20, 2007
we Have been together since 2011, I wouldn't be here away from my Children and Grandchildren if our Marriage was not legit! Just wondering if where he is from will have an Impact ! Or is it just Ignorant people expressing their own opinions !!! :-X

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
foreverbailey said:
we Have been together since 2011, I wouldn't be here away from my Children and Grandchildren if our Marriage was not legit! Just wondering if where he is from will have an Impact ! Or is it just Ignorant people expressing their own opinions !!! :-X
It all depends and none can never, even NO from VO does not mean IMPOSSIBLE. As some folks said it depends on your proofs but i think you are good, if you have a baby together is an asset and his status does not matter at all, even here in Canada people marry a refugee claimants or refugee status holders and the end is always good. unless he is being deported very soon or on pre removal order or other red flags you cannot have any problem with that, and you did a good thing to hire a lawyer. You will be fine

foreverbailey

Star Member
Dec 20, 2007
Thank You !! Makes me feel a little better, As for us having a Baby together , I'm afraid we are a little pass the age for that!! We do have three Grand Daughters in Canada , the oldest which is 5 is always asking poppy to hurry up and come home so he can take her to the beach and for ice cream! I have yet to meet my Newest Grand daughter which was born last August, The middle one was only 8 months old when i left :( I have never been so stressed out in my life !!!

feelings

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-27-2016
Doc's Request.
02-17-2016
I have not received an AOR yet after sending additional documents requested.Seeing that most others on this thread have should I be concerned?

How can I enquire with CIS for more info?

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
SA received March 15 2016
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
feelings said:
I have not received an AOR yet after sending additional documents requested.Seeing that most others on this thread have should I be concerned?

How can I enquire with CIS for more info?
I did not receive AOR because I forgot to include an email address in my sponsorship application. I only received my SA at home. So this might be the case for you too. However, the processing time is longer Whenever they request for additional documents. Also, the fact that they asked for additional document is like confirming that the received your application. I wouldn't expect an AOR if I were you. They will probably send your SA by mail or email if you included one.

feelings

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-27-2016
Doc's Request.
02-17-2016
Deffy2016 said:
I did not receive AOR because I forgot to include an email address in my sponsorship application. I only received my SA at home. So this might be the case for you too. However, the processing time is longer Whenever they request for additional documents. Also, the fact that they asked for additional document is like confirming that the received your application. I wouldn't expect an AOR if I were you. They will probably send your SA by mail or email if you included one.
Thanks for responding I had missed the additional info form for my spouse. I was waiting for a case number so he can send in his medical check as well. I did include an email address so I'll just keep refreshing I guess

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
MNM2015 said:
Hi skwan! I am a January applicant sponsoring my Ugandan husband. Since I applied after you I haven't any first hand information to provide you but can let you know what I was told. Unfortunately the Dar Es Salaam office seems to be one of the slowest, much slower than Nairobi was. I was told there are a few people that have been approved in 7 months or so (not sure if that's from when they applied or it got transferred to Dar). However most people on this forum through Dar have been waiting a year or more, even for straightforward complete cases. Since it's a new office and relatively small it's hard to gauge what the expected time frame is as not many approvals yet. I pray things speed up as that is too long to be separated especially since most through Dar would not be approved for visitor visas. I haven't heard of any interviews yet so not sure how common they are. You can search for the Dar Es Salaam thread to link up with others going through that office.

Have you received any communication from Dar? Confirmation they received your application? Any requests for additional information? Please keep me updated on your progress as you will likely hear something before me.
Hi there thanks for your response!

The website only shows IN PROCESS but I think out consultant helped us apply through the Nairobi office.
I am really praying for the best and planning for the worst.
Will be forced to travel in September with our son first and hopefully before January of 2017, she gets to reunite with us.
We were already separated once because my work permit expired and she couldn't enter Canada after denied visitor's visa three times

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
Hi there thanks for your response!

The website only shows IN PROCESS but I think out consultant helped us apply through the Nairobi office.
I am really praying for the best and planning for the worst.
Will be forced to travel in September with our son first and hopefully before January of 2017, she gets to reunite with us.
We were already separated once because my work permit expired and she couldn't enter Canada after denied visitor's visa three times
Nice to hear back from you. You should get your consultant to confirm which visa office is processing yours. It would have been stated on the sponsorship approval letter they sent. I thought all Uganda applications had to go to Dar Es Salaam now but I could be mistaken. If yours was sent to Nairobi that is good news as seems much faster. Someone who applied after me through Nairobi already got a passport request (so fast I wonder if they have just changed their process because it was too fast). I have heard nothing from Dar yet which is what I expected but disappointing none the less. Please keep me updated on your progress as we have similar cases - we also have a child together and my husband was also refused a visit to Canada 3 times. Good luck!

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
SA received March 15 2016
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
YumCha05 said:
Hi folks! it's been pretty quiet around here later.. :( however, I just received a letter from CIC regarding the payment I made ( I overpaid). they said they are sending me back the difference from $1040. from what I know and I may be wrong but doesnt CIC request/process the RPRF towards then end? I hope this Is a good sign. :D :D
They usually don't ask for RPRF if you paid it upfront which is the case with you. The $1040 includes the RPRF and sponsorship application fee. So the communication is just to advice you of your refund for overpayment which you should get in the mail or back to your original method of payment.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
MNM2015 said:
Nice to hear back from you. You should get your consultant to confirm which visa office is processing yours. It would have been stated on the sponsorship approval letter they sent. I thought all Uganda applications had to go to Dar Es Salaam now but I could be mistaken. If yours was sent to Nairobi that is good news as seems much faster. Someone who applied after me through Nairobi already got a passport request (so fast I wonder if they have just changed their process because it was too fast). I have heard nothing from Dar yet which is what I expected but disappointing none the less. Please keep me updated on your progress as we have similar cases - we also have a child together and my husband was also refused a visit to Canada 3 times. Good luck!
I recently contacted my MP office and they responded like this:

Compared to applications under the economic class, applications under the family class do generally take a longer time to process. Please click here to see the published processing time for each type of application. The IRCC will contact you, by mail or email, if additional documents or information are needed. Meanwhile, you may check the status of your application through various ways:
- Via the Online status check service available on the IRCC website (see here)
- Call the IRCC call centre at 1-888-242-2100, their hours are Monday to Friday 8 a. m. to 4 p. m.
- Ask our constituency office to enquire with the IRCC on your behalf.
Generally speaking, the IRCC is more responsive when a MP’s office is enquiring on the status of an application.

josejbracho

Jun 23, 2015
Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I come here to ask a couple of questions regarding Family Sponsorship for my soon-to-be wife since I recently got the PR and I'm thinking ahead about this very important step for us to live together in Canada.

Our plan is as follows: I will be landing in Canada in October this year, and after a couple of months she is planing to visit me with a tourist visa in order for us to get married there.

Now to my queries:

- Is there a time I have to wait after landing in order to sponsor?
- Is it possible to apply in the outland stream even if she's on a tourist visa in Canada?
- What documents could I be gathering in advance in order to have everything sorted as soon as possible?

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm just starting to gather some information about this process and would like to proceed in the best way possible.

My apologies if this is not the right topic to post this on, if that were the case please point me in the right direction.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
I recently contacted my MP office and they responded like this:

Compared to applications under the economic class, applications under the family class do generally take a longer time to process. Please click here to see the published processing time for each type of application. The IRCC will contact you, by mail or email, if additional documents or information are needed. Meanwhile, you may check the status of your application through various ways:
- Via the Online status check service available on the IRCC website (see here)
- Call the IRCC call centre at 1-888-242-2100, their hours are Monday to Friday 8 a. m. to 4 p. m.
- Ask our constituency office to enquire with the IRCC on your behalf.
Generally speaking, the IRCC is more responsive when a MP’s office is enquiring on the status of an application.
Thanks for the info. So is your MPs office going to enquiry with IRCC on your behalf as mentioned in the last point or is that all the info they will give for now? I still think it would be worth checking with your consultant to at least see which office has your file as if it's Dar be prepared for a long wait. Keep me posted.

nick1983

Dec 23, 2015
Hi all,
Just got an email today saying in the subject "Ready for Visa" and they ask for the passport or a photocopy of the passport if i don't require a visa to enter Canada. (I have both israeli and american passport so both are visa exempt).

Do someone know if i need to send both of my passports if i am a dual citizen or just one of them?
My visa office is Ottawa but i resides in Israel (I think they sent me to Ottawa because i have an american passport).
They don't say where i need to send the passport but they gave me the email address of the Israeli Visa office for any updates.
Do i need to send it to Ottawa or to the embassy in Israel?

My application was submitted on January 18

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
MNM2015 said:
Thanks for the info. So is your MPs office going to enquiry with IRCC on your behalf as mentioned in the last point or is that all the info they will give for now? I still think it would be worth checking with your consultant to at least see which office has your file as if it's Dar be prepared for a long wait. Keep me posted.
The MP contacted me back (his assistant) that it was eligible and that it is being assessed by the Dar office.
Now it's just a waiting time. Only prayer for God to open doors, that's the only thing to do.
Let's keep in touch and see how things go. Two of my friends who married Kenyans, one of them took only a matter of 4 months and the other took 7 months. The assistant said that it takes usually 3-4 months for them to get back to you about your spouse' eligibility. They may not even contact you about your eligibility and therefore it's better to get your MP to contact the IRCC, they respond much faster to them than any consultant/lawyer.

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
Hello all senior members !! Many many congratulations on the ppr and DM and remedicals of everyone !! May all of us get it as soon as possible. I am a January 2016 applicant so may be ill have wait a lot but just wanted to help a friend out here . I need you guidance

My friend is all ready to file her PR file. She and her husband have maintained contact through FaceTime calling. So is there a way in which we can take the History of the call logs from FaceTime ?? Please do guide as when we make the second call to a particular person, the first history disappears

Please do guide if anyone is aware as I want to help my friend. Please do guide

Thank you anyways and God bless us all