+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Officer said:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

WELCOME TO JANUARY 2016 SPOUSAL APPLICANTS FORUM:

All the applicants and sponsors can start this forum with understanding of outland spousal process;

1. CIC Processing Time:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-processing-time-changed-t346380.0.html

2. SPONSOR expectation during the first step:

a. AOR1 or Application package will send back for lack of important document
b. CIC-M might request for missing documents or updated documents - based on your spousal application package was sent
c. Medical, CIC payment, required application forms and Police report check
d. SA = Sponsor Approval email or letter

3. SPONSORED APPLICANT expectation during the second step:

e. AOR2 - from Visa Office
f. missing or updated document request - based on case to case
g. eligibility and criminality check
h. Interview if eligibility is in doubt - based on case to case
i. passport request for visa
I'm looking at this process.
I (sponsor) applied for my wife spousal sponsorship of PR. I received the AOR January 28, 2016. I guess this is part of the processing time mentioned in Step 1 but my concern about this post, does it mean that ONCE the steps in 2. is complete on my side of a sponsor, then it's another waiting time for steps in 3? Just a bit confused by the outline that is provided.
Or within the 17 months, both steps are being worked on by CIC?

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
The MP contacted me back (his assistant) that it was eligible and that it is being assessed by the Dar office.
Now it's just a waiting time. Only prayer for God to open doors, that's the only thing to do.
Let's keep in touch and see how things go. Two of my friends who married Kenyans, one of them took only a matter of 4 months and the other took 7 months. The assistant said that it takes usually 3-4 months for them to get back to you about your spouse' eligibility. They may not even contact you about your eligibility and therefore it's better to get your MP to contact the IRCC, they respond much faster to them than any consultant/lawyer.
Thanks so much for the reply. Glad your MP was so responsive. I've read on here that it really depends on the MP as some won't do anything until 17 months have passed. I haven't contacted mine yet as still early but definitely will as time goes on without any news. I hope my MP is as helpful as yours. As for you I would recommend that you check your status in ECAS regularly as any communication will likely go directly to your consultant and there have been horror stories on here of things getting missed by the consultant or lawyer. You could also revoke them as your representative so the information goes directly to you. As you said it's just a waiting game now. Please update here if you hear anything. Best of luck!

jeddai

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR 2 13-06-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 28-03-2016
File Transfer...
28-03-2016
Med's Done....
PASSED
Can anyone give me an idea of how long would it take for Manila Visa Office to release passport once requested by them?

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any one got their passport request from London visa office?
Just wanna estimate how much time lvo is taking?

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
MNM2015 said:
Thanks so much for the reply. Glad your MP was so responsive. I've read on here that it really depends on the MP as some won't do anything until 17 months have passed. I haven't contacted mine yet as still early but definitely will as time goes on without any news. I hope my MP is as helpful as yours. As for you I would recommend that you check your status in ECAS regularly as any communication will likely go directly to your consultant and there have been horror stories on here of things getting missed by the consultant or lawyer. You could also revoke them as your representative so the information goes directly to you. As you said it's just a waiting game now. Please update here if you hear anything. Best of luck!
Is the ECAS the same as what we've been talking about, checking status on CIC?
I really need to contact my consultant because I hear that people get very detailed information from CIC, even confirmed of passing the medical and police check. I wonder if I can check that.
Check with your MP, or at least someone in your family to find out about MP of your area, get them to check for you. I really appreciate how my father went to ask the constituency for me.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
skwan said:
I really need to contact my consultant because I hear that people get very detailed information from CIC, even confirmed of passing the medical and police check. I wonder if I can check that.
Check with your MP, or at least someone in your family to find out about MP of your area, get them to check for you. I really appreciate how my father went to ask the constituency for me.
Yes, it's the same thing but ECAS does not show the level of detail you want. It is helpful to make sure you don't miss any correspondence or find out when a decision is made. You should have all you need to log in as only require your application number (which is on the AOR email you got) and some basic info about yourself like DOB and country of birth.

To get detailed info you need to order your gcms notes through an atip request (just google it and you will find all you need to know). It costs $5 and takes 30 days to get but will provide you all the info about your case like if an interview might be required or if your security checks have been completed. I ordered mine last week so just waiting to get them.

Are you living in Uganda now?

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
skwan said:
you can order your GCMS notes here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
don't forget the consent form (IMM5744) signed by sponsored person

HRK

Mar 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Isn't there any website or something where we could know which month cases cic is processing right now?
Like the visa bulletin for US sponsorship.

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
SA received March 15 2016
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
Hello everyone

I got the link below from another thread indicating that as of May 26 2016, we will be able to see real time details on our FAM sponsorship application. So no more GCSM notes. This will definitely make the waiting process bearable.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1222&top=3[/url]

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
submitted:04-12-17/////resubmitted on: may 24 NO UPDATE YET
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
Deffy2016 said:
Hello everyone

I got the link below from another thread indicating that as of May 26 2016, we will be able to see real time details on our FAM sponsorship application. So no more GCSM notes. This will definitely make the waiting process bearable.

Wow thats a good news!! Thanks for sharing

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Deffy2016 said:
Hello everyone

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it should be more helpful than the current ECAS system for providing updates. Just curious where you read that it will provide the same info as gcms notes? I would be very surprised if it gave that level of detail.

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
submitted:04-12-17/////resubmitted on: may 24 NO UPDATE YET
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
MNM2015 said:
Thanks for the info. Sounds like it should be more helpful than the current ECAS system for providing updates. Just curious where you read that it will provide the same info as gcms notes? I would be very surprised if it gave that level of detail.
i think this is how it will look like
http://imgur.com/I06H3sX

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
MNM2015 said:
It wouldn't be as detailed as GCMS notes but it will give you the vital information we all look for in the GCMS notes. Most people who order GCMS notes want to see what level their file is at. If there is a going to be an interview, if they have passed eligibility, security, criminal, medical etc. All these will be indicated online now. Except for maybe security. The rest of the details you see on GCMS is not really revlevant for you the applicant.

gopscanada

Apr 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
2017-01-05
VISA ISSUED...
9-01-2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2017
Hello Folks.

As I am a January 16 applicant, I am posting my question here to get more exposure.

I wish I knew of this forum before submitting my application. I appreciate the valuable information you are sharing.

I need to submit this info on my behalf as a sponsor: change of passport info (renewed recently) and employment change (retired from full time employment). CIC does state that one should notify key changes relating to the application.

I need to submit these additional documents/info on behalf of the main applicant, proactively to avoid delays: Sri Lanka police certificate, schedule A info since 18 years of age (have already submitted for last 10 years), Copy of Sri Lanka National Identification card.

Background:
This is a spousal sponsorship.
app received by cic 2016/01/27
AOR1 received March 8
SA received March 10

On ECAS: both sponsor side and applicant side shows "In Process"

On the sponsor side......"in process" and the next related screen on the sponsor side:
1. We received your application to sponsor xxxxxx on Jan 27, 2016
2. We sent you confirmation acknowledging receipt of appl on March 8
3. We started processing your appl on March 7

On the applicant side......"in process" and the next related screen on the applicant side:

1. We received xxxxxx's appl for PR on Jan 27
2. We started processing xxxxx's appl on March 22
3. Medical results have been received

So far there has been no additional communication between colombo visa office and my spouse in Colombo.

I do have UCI number as I received AOR1 which I can use as reference. But, my spouse in Colombo (main applicant) has not received AOR2 or any correspondence that would give UCI number.

How do I send the info I stated above in both cases in general and for my spouse in particular as she has not received UCI number.

Your input is much appreciated.
Thank you

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
gopscanada said:
Hello Folks.

As I am a January 16 applicant, I am posting my question here to get more exposure.

I wish I knew of this forum before submitting my application. I appreciate the valuable information you are sharing.

I need to submit this info on my behalf as a sponsor: change of passport info (renewed recently) and employment change (retired from full time employment). CIC does state that one should notify key changes relating to the application.

I need to submit these additional documents/info on behalf of the main applicant, proactively to avoid delays: Sri Lanka police certificate, schedule A info since 18 years of age (have already submitted for last 10 years), Copy of Sri Lanka National Identification card.

Background:
This is a spousal sponsorship.
app received by cic 2016/01/27
AOR1 received March 8
SA received March 10

On ECAS: both sponsor side and applicant side shows "In Process"

On the sponsor side......"in process" and the next related screen on the sponsor side:
1. We received your application to sponsor xxxxxx on Jan 27, 2016
2. We sent you confirmation acknowledging receipt of appl on March 8
3. We started processing your appl on March 7

On the applicant side......"in process" and the next related screen on the applicant side:

1. We received xxxxxx's appl for PR on Jan 27
2. We started processing xxxxx's appl on March 22
3. Medical results have been received

So far there has been no additional communication between colombo visa office and my spouse in Colombo.

I do have UCI number as I received AOR1 which I can use as reference. But, my spouse in Colombo (main applicant) has not received AOR2 or any correspondence that would give UCI number.

How do I send the info I stated above in both cases in general and for my spouse in particular as she has not received UCI number.

Your input is much appreciated.
Thank you
Hello,
Welcome to the thread. You can contact the visa office directly using the case specific inquiry form online.
You reference number will be the application/ file number indicated on the sponsorship approval letter you received from CIC

There is an option to attach all the documents you mentioned with your inquiry. I don't remember what the link is but you can find it as a link in you ECAS. You can also contact the call center if you can't find it.

I would suggest to also mail copies of the documents you mentioned just in case they need original versions.
Remember to alway reference your application number in all your correspondence. Do not use your UCI as it does not apply to the principal applicant

Hope this helps