Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
senelfer said:
Hi there! I am a Canadian citizen :)
Then you can apply from out of country, per the official website of CIC. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp
To sponsor, you must…

be a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or permanent resident,
be 18 years of age or older,

live in Canada or have proof, if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live in Canada after the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident,

sign an undertaking promising to provide for your family member’s basic needs and, if it applies to you, those of any dependent children,

If you live in Quebec, you must also meet Quebec’s conditions to be a sponsor,

prove that you have enough income to provide basic needs for your spouse or partner’s dependent children. This means meeting or exceeding a minimum necessary income, which is an amount published yearly by the Canadian government. You must submit documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months only if the spouse or partner you are sponsoring has a grandchild who is coming with them (see subsection 1(3) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) for more information). You would not provide those documents to IRCC if you live in Quebec.

Hope this helps. Thanks

senelfer

Jan 1, 2017
Thank you, it does help! But I've already submitted my application with no mention of me applying as a sponsor outside of Canada. I decided to return upon realizing the long waiting process :) My Canadian address will remain the same, as well my spouse will be residing in the same location. Is there any further paperwork I must remain in Canada for after sponsorship approval letter? Thanks

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
w910i said:
We will try to submit this coming january. We just finalized everything,one question though as we submit our application package, we have to send also our medical tests? (sponsored) I am located here in Doha and my husband lives in canada and his permanent resident already.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#expect

You should not be concerned if you do not see a request to do your medical exam in your online account immediately after you link your application. Because medical results can expire, we might not issue medical instructions to you immediately after receiving your application. This is to ensure a new medical exam will not be required again later. You should monitor your online account so that you are able to comply within 30 days of receiving your medical instructions.

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
senelfer said:
Thank you, it does help! But I've already submitted my application with no mention of me applying as a sponsor outside of Canada. I decided to return upon realizing the long waiting process :) My Canadian address will remain the same, as well my spouse will be residing in the same location. Is there any further paperwork I must remain in Canada for after sponsorship approval letter? Thanks
Just the paperwork that goes along with the application itself. Nothing special or extra. You are in a better position since you are a citizen unlike others who are PR's and must meet residency requirements. You are able to visit your husband as you wish.

However, I would recommend trying to reduce the amount of time outside the country. When you decide to visit, CIC can at any time, get curious with why you have been out of the country for so a time and ask you to prove or write an explanation that you will continue living in Canada once your husband is approved. But no need to be worried, since they do not require that from you because you are a citizen, it's unlikely they will ask.

Like I said, you are blessed and can be outside Canada as your application is being processed, unlike others. My wife and I have been apart 11 months now, and others have been for much longer.

So smile, be patient and focus on your love and relationship with you husband.

Best of Luck,
:)

neggo

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015, re-meds 06-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
25-08-2015 (appendix A), DM 09-01-2017, PPR received in Ottawa 16-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017 CoPR received
Wow, I don't know how to feel.

I know I'm part of the June 2015 group, but have posted in this thread before...but, finally, my wife's status was changed to DM earlier! That has to be a good thing! Right? Lol.

Marlg

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Happy New year to all, After almost 10 months of processing ...today we finally got communication from our Lawyer, However it was not the the news we were hoping for ...... Husbands Medicals expired December 21st 2016 and the last response from our lawyer was that he was expecting the next communication would be be a request to redo Medicals ... This is what we received today ...........
Good afternoon from Rome,
We apologise for the delay in replying to your email due to high volumes.

This is to advise you that Rome is responsible for processing applications from residents of Malta. This file is in a queue of files awaiting interview during our next trip to Malta. We do not currently have a date for this interview trip.

Our Lawyer is now in the process of ordering notes to help prepare us for this, I wasn't expecting this at all , seeing that we have been living together for the last three plus years in Malta, So I'm guessing a red flag has popped up so where in our Application ... Not really sure if they will actually travel to Malta for the Interviewor not ...... I don't have a good feeling about this latest communication , would have felt better if the email also included a request to redo Medical , Anyone got Input on this , thanks in Advance

Tanatana

Apr 28, 2016
Hi guys
I finally got PPR last night :)
Probably I was kind of the last group of January applicants left processed in Manila office.
I am so relieved to hear this good news.
I was asked to submit copy of my passport along with 2 passport photos and appendix B to CPC Ottawa since I already reside in Canada with my husband.
My question now is how long normally it takes for them to send COPR to my home address.
I actually have a plan to travel to my country in 2weeks and hoping to do landing when I come back to Canada which will save a lot of money for me.(I live in remote location in northern part!)
I'd really appreciate if you could share your experience :)
Thank you!

My timeline
Application received at Manila office on 4 Jan 2016
Sponsor approved on 1 Mar 2016
PPR on 9 Jan 2017 (ecas status also changed to DM)

Marlg

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Should have added this to my previous post , But is this Interview for the both of us , or just my Husband ? Will I be able to be present in the same room if it I see nay for him ? I really don't know if it's a Interview for us both or not :-X

neggo

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017 CoPR received
Tanatana said:
Hi guys
I finally got PPR last night :)
Probably I was kind of the last group of January applicants left processed in Manila office.
I am so relieved to hear this good news.
I was asked to submit copy of my passport along with 2 passport photos and appendix B to CPC Ottawa since I already reside in Canada with my husband.
My question now is how long normally it takes for them to send COPR to my home address.
I actually have a plan to travel to my country in 2weeks and hoping to do landing when I come back to Canada which will save a lot of money for me.(I live in remote location in northern part!)
I'd really appreciate if you could share your experience :)
Thank you!

My timeline
Application received at Manila office on 4 Jan 2016
Sponsor approved on 1 Mar 2016
PPR on 9 Jan 2017 (ecas status also changed to DM)
Congratulations. My spouse, too, received PPR + finalization documents last night through e-mail. Since she is with me in Canada as well, we will be sending all of the needed documents to Ottawa, just like yourself.

I have the same question regarding how long it takes for the COPR to be sent. I assume it would take faster than if we were to send it to Manila VO.

Tanatana

Apr 28, 2016
Thanks and congratulations to you too neggo!
Long waiting time is finally over for us.
Hope we don't have to wait for COPR this long, I've had enough waiting already lol

jupiter16

May 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-16
AOR Received.
AOR 12-03-6, AOR2 30-03-16
File Transfer...
28-03-16
Med's Request
Remed request 12th nov,16
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
interview queued on 24-08-16, interview 8th dec,16
Passport Req..
01-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-17, passport back 19-02-17
LANDED..........
18-03-17
hi , does IRCC give u ny confirmation email that they recieved RPRF fee reciept? one of forum member got this email.
i didnt get such email and im worried now since its been 20 days passed after giving RPRF.
thnx

senelfer

Jan 1, 2017
Hi guys, I know this is the January forum but it might be useful for me since most are past this process.
So I haven't recieved an email or letter of any type yet, but this is my status in Mycic so far:

Sponsorship:

- We received your application to sponsor (my spouse's name) on December 15, 2016.
- Decision Made

Permanent Residence

- We received (my spouse's name) application for permanent residence on December 15, 2016.
- We started processing (my spouse's name) application on December 30, 2016.

So my husband's permanent residence status remains as "in process" could someone tell me approximately when I''l know his papers are approved? Also, have I been approved as a sponsor? People mention getting sa and aor letters, I haven't seen anything of such, should I contact them? Also , can someone tell me what are the next steps I should expect? Thanks so much :)

neggo

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017 CoPR received
senelfer said:
Hi guys, I know this is the January forum but it might be useful for me since most are past this process.
So I haven't recieved an email or letter of any type yet, but this is my status in Mycic so far:

Sponsorship:

- We received your application to sponsor (my spouse's name) on December 15, 2016.
- Decision Made

Permanent Residence

- We received (my spouse's name) application for permanent residence on December 15, 2016.
- We started processing (my spouse's name) application on December 30, 2016.

So my husband's permanent residence status remains as "in process" could someone tell me approximately when I''l know his papers are approved? Also, have I been approved as a sponsor? People mention getting sa and aor letters, I haven't seen anything of such, should I contact them? Also , can someone tell me what are the next steps I should expect? Thanks so much :)
eCAS is notorious for changing things to "Decision Made" without updating any of the lines. But yes, you have already been approved as sponsor as indicated by, 1. the Decision Made status on your part of eCAS, and, 2. They have started processing your husband's application. If you were not approved to be a sponsor, then they would not move forward with processing your husband's permanent residence application.

It's been more than a year since your application was received, so I think you are more than entitled to contact them to ask for a status update.