+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2014 Citizenship Application - Timeline

aman123

Dec 28, 2013
My timeline

Sent Application to CIC: Jan 10, 2014
Processing start: 10 march 2014
I receive Fingerprint letter on July and I done my fingerprint
On 12th August. After that I receive no letter .
I want to know did anybody receive letter for fingerprint ??. And can
Anybody tell when can I get my test date??
I am from north York. Ontario
Thanks

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from other posts, it seems it takes 3- 4 months after fingerprinting

good luck

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I want to know any applicants who got RQed and your file was resolved quickly? and are there any applicants who worked formerly in the Middle East with cancelled or non-cancelled visa getting RQ?

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandeepsandhu said:
I did fingerprints in july and received test letter after 3months.
Which country were you working before?

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Members/ Experts,

Please can you share your experience on family application? I have applied with 2 of my kids, on the test invitation they haven't mentioned anything about kids such as passport or school reports to bring.

My time line:

Application received Jan 20th 2014.
Book received Feb 27th 2014.
Start process Mar 11th 2014.
Test Letter dated 9th October for Test on 24th.
Local Office Scarborough.

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
rizcom123 said:
Hi Members/ Experts,

Please can you share your experience on family application? I have applied with 2 of my kids, on the test invitation they haven't mentioned anything about kids such as passport or school reports to bring.

My time line:

Application received Jan 20th 2014.
Book received Feb 27th 2014.
Start process Mar 11th 2014.
Test Letter dated 9th October for Test on 24th.
Local Office Scarborough.
I applied with my son (age 3). if you read carefully all the papers with the test invitation, you will see that they are asking to bring the originals of all documents that you have sent with your application. that means passport, pr card, copr. And they ask also an original birth certificate of childs.
I passed my test yesterday, but the CIC agent didn't even checked the documents of my son. And when I told her that I have all the asked documents for my son, she said doesn't matter, I'm checking yours.
I think it depends of the agent. And the interview just take between 5 and 7 min.
I think, I have answered your questions.

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Diniga. In that case I will take all the original documents of my children.

salman-bhai

Jun 1, 2013
diniga said:
I applied with my son (age 3). if you read carefully all the papers with the test invitation, you will see that they are asking to bring the originals of all documents that you have sent with your application. that means passport, pr card, copr. And they ask also an original birth certificate of childs.
I passed my test yesterday, but the CIC agent didn't even checked the documents of my son. And when I told her that I have all the asked documents for my son, she said doesn't matter, I'm checking yours.
I think it depends of the agent. And the interview just take between 5 and 7 min.
I think, I have answered your questions.
Hi Diniga, can you pls share ur interview & exam experience. Is it that u had to write an exam then they call for an interview. What type of question is bein asked in the interview. i will appreciate ur guidelines

salman-bhai

Jun 1, 2013
Friends, can anyone guideline me about the written exam & test date overall experience. Will they let u know if u pass or what happening next!

Windsorite29

Aug 10, 2014
salman-bhai said:
Friends, can anyone guideline me about the written exam & test date overall experience. Will they let u know if u pass or what happening next!
Test is very easy. On my day, the first interview people who were older than 55 and not having to take any exams. Then the called the test takers, checked our documents (passports, PR card or whatever else you have to bring). You are then seated for the test, they read you instructions and you write the test. After everybody is done with the tests, they start calling for the interview where they ask you some questions. Mine was places I travelled, where I work and how long I've worked there. Seems like for some people they tell them when the oath ceremony would be right then, but I received the letter two days later in the mail.
Hope this information helped ;D

babu76

Oct 24, 2014
Hi,

I have applied for Citizenship for my self and my daughter. Application received on 16JUL2014 (per Canada post). However, i received confirmation email from CIC on 17SEP2014 and email says, application has been received and met the criteria for citizenship.

Since then there is no email or post. i did not receive book yet, even though they provided weblink for the book in the confirmation mail. But my eCAS has never been updated. I dont see anything about citizenship application in my eCAS. Did it happen to anyone? is it common not updating eCAS at all after receiving citizenship application. In general when will they update eCAS after receiving the application? I appreciate your response.

salman-bhai

Jun 1, 2013
Windsorite29 said:
Test is very easy. On my day, the first interview people who were older than 55 and not having to take any exams. Then the called the test takers, checked our documents (passports, PR card or whatever else you have to bring). You are then seated for the test, they read you instructions and you write the test. After everybody is done with the tests, they start calling for the interview where they ask you some questions. Mine was places I travelled, where I work and how long I've worked there. Seems like for some people they tell them when the oath ceremony would be right then, but I received the letter two days later in the mail.
Hope this information helped ;D
Thanks for sharing the experience

jell9050

Jan 18, 2014
I got the test invite for 2nd week of Nov,2014. I noticed in the test letter is that it says if my test and interview are successful, OATH will take place immediately and they have also included the CIT0024 form with the test invite. Is this normal process?

My time line:

Application received Jan 13th 2014.
Started process on Mar 14th 2014.
Test date: 10 Nov,2014
Local Office Montreal