+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2014 Citizenship Application - Timeline

splitfire15

Aug 21, 2014
kentTO said:
Awesome. What were the types of question she asked? Any tricky ones like the ones that US border agents people ask?
she just asked if I'm working and if I have any plans to travel outside canada and that's it. I told her that once I've got hold of my citizenship, then that's the time I'll consider travelling! As long as your papers are complete, in sequence etc., the interview will be so quick!

Voortrekker

Sep 24, 2014
Djdjd, I did my test this morning in Ottawa too. The officer said to us that we has passed the test and that he is happy that we have met all the requirements of language, dates etc. and that our application is approved. We will receive a letter in the mail with the date for the Oath ceremony.

Voortrekker

Sep 24, 2014
Djdjjdj

At worse it is just a little delay, you have waited a long time, you will get you citizenship. We started off with the expectation of 2 years, so anything less is still a win.

Good luck and keep us posted. I will let you know when I hear anything again.

randint

Feb 2, 2014
Request to change address of local office was rejected over the phone...

I will take the oath on October 7, 9 AM at 3085 Glen Erin Drive, Mississauga, ON even though I live 70km away...in Markham.

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Hi,

I received a call this morning from CIC agent. He asked me if I was ready to pass the citizenship test at Montreal on October 20 at 1 PM.
Of course, I said yes but I was surprised to get the call, because I was waiting a mail or an update to my ecas. I think that CIC did that because I live in Quebec City.
Did someone received this kind of call?
Please share.

Voortrekker

Sep 24, 2014
If I could take the oath in October, I would drive from Ottawa, never mind 70km. I wish I had a Mississauga address and do not have to wait 2-5 months.

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
AIP: September 26
zulkfal said:
Just finished my test and got oath invitation for Sep 17 after the interview.

Test was extremely easy, took 5 min with 20/20 score. Good luck all
Hi,
I am new to this thread and had already been approved for Permanent Residency.
Was wondering about the written citizenship test. Are all questions about Canada in particular, or history, culture as well? Just interesting :)
Thank you.

Windsorite29

Aug 10, 2014
tatyana_sh28 said:
Hi,
I am new to this thread and had already been approved for Permanent Residency.
Was wondering about the written citizenship test. Are all questions about Canada in particular, or history, culture as well? Just interesting :)
Thank you.
All the above. The book is available as a download on CIC's website so you can check it out.

randint

Feb 2, 2014
Voortrekker said:
If I could take the oath in October, I would drive from Ottawa, never mind 70km. I wish I had a Mississauga address and do not have to wait 2-5 months.
Problem is, of course, I do not have a car, nor can I drive one [nor have I ever been or will ever be able to], and I will take several buses to get there. Anyways, there is a very stupid thing that occurred, and I need some help:

On the Notice to Appear to Take the Oath of Citizenship, it says "October 7, 9 AM", but on http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList under "Mississauga", under "2014-10-07", it lists a ceremony at 9:45AM and another one at 1:45PM. When is it? 9AM or 9:45AM?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
randint said:
Problem is, of course, I do not have a car, nor can I drive one [nor have I ever been or will ever be able to], and I will take several buses to get there. Anyways, there is a very stupid thing that occurred, and I need some help:

On the Notice to Appear to Take the Oath of Citizenship, it says "October 7, 9 AM", but on http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList under "Mississauga", under "2014-10-07", it lists a ceremony at 9:45AM and another one at 1:45PM. When is it? 9AM or 9:45AM?
Get there by 8:30 or earlier , the CIC staffs will tell you

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine's the same, the letter says 2.30 pm but the web site lists ceremonies at 1 pm and 3 pm for that day. My feeling is to go with what the letter says, maybe they want people to show up early so the ceremony can start on time? Personally, I'm going to arrive at 2pm.

Windsorite29

Aug 10, 2014
randint said:

On the Notice to Appear to Take the Oath of Citizenship, it says "October 7, 9 AM", but on under "Mississauga", under "2014-10-07", it lists a ceremony at 9:45AM and another one at 1:45PM. When is it? 9AM or 9:45AM?
You go with what the letter says. CIC places like Mississauga would have more than one ceremony a day to accommodate all the applicants. Your name and certificate would be on the list for whatever time the letter tells you so if you miss it thinking you could go to a later on, you could complicate things for yourself.

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
The information on the website is for people who wish to attend an oath ceremony, not for those actually involved in the ceremony. Check-in, document verification etc. are not considered on the website. Always go by what the letter says.

dtnnn

Oct 5, 2013
Test passed today at the Mississauga office. Oath scheduled for October 9th. Looking forward to becoming a Canadian citizen soon!