+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2014 Citizenship Application - Timeline

MKJ

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
zulkfal said:
In regards to experience, it was ok. The judge was nice so time went by really quickly.
Thank You so much for your response zulkfal.

Have a wonderful day.

Cheers

Windsorite29

Aug 10, 2014
Went to the ceremony yesterday and am finally a citizen.
To share my experience, the ceremony lasted a lot longer than I anticipated. The invitation says 1 but did not start until 2 after all 64 applicants' documents were verified and we were seated. When you receive the oath letter, there will be a number showing at the bottom of your address. You will be called according to that number to verify your information, you will be seated according to that number, you will line up to get the certificate according to that number (you can pose with the judge to get a picture then or after the ceremony). I did not know that number meant anything until I got there and my number was already called; I was number 19. The person who was number 1 was later than me but it's ok because they keep calling for people whose number may have already been called. Once we were all seated, the clerk explained explained exactly what's going to happen. The judge was extremely nice. We had to repeat the oath in both french and English (good thing I am fully bilingual). We were done by 3:30. I would advise people to eat well and bring a bottled water. I didn't eat well and didn't bring a bottle water :p

dtnnn

Oct 5, 2013
Congratulations!!!!

Windsorite29 said:
To share my experience, the ceremony lasted a lot longer than I anticipated. The invitation says 1 but did not start until 2 after all 64 applicants' documents were verified and we were seated. When you receive the oath letter, there will be a number showing at the bottom of your address. You will be called according to that number to verify your information, you will be seated according to that number, you will line up to get the certificate according to that number (you can pose with the judge to get a picture then or after the ceremony). I did not know that number meant anything until I got there and my number was already called; I was number 19. The person who was number 1 was later than me but it's ok because they keep calling for people whose number may have already been called. Once we were all seated, the clerk explained explained exactly what's going to happen. The judge was extremely nice. We had to repeat the oath in both french and English (good thing I am fully bilingual). We were done by 3:30. I would advise people to eat well and bring a bottled water. I didn't eat well and didn't bring a bottle water :p

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Windsorite29 said:
Congrats!!!

cuds

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test July 17 in Scarborough - oath letter received today :)

So happy!

randint

Feb 2, 2014
Wrong Local Office After Change of Address

Citizenship and Immigration Canada said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 18, 2014.

We sent you a letter on May 27, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on August 28, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on September 18, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 7, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Except, of course, I live in Markham, and when I called, the agent told me to go to Mississauga to take the oath. I have sent a request to both Mississauga and Scarborough to reschedule and hope that I will be able to take the oath soon.

splitfire15

Aug 21, 2014
Just took my citizenship test this morn at mississauga office and oath taking will be on monday sept. 22, 2014. I'm almost done! Thank you Lord...!

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
splitfire15 said:
Just took my citizenship test this morn at mississauga office and oath taking will be on monday sept. 22, 2014. I'm almost done! Thank you Lord...!
1) But your test is on Monday Sept 22.
How is your oath on Monday Sept 22 too? lol

2) How did the test and interview go? Did they look through all your passport stamps? Did they have the CBSA report?

splitfire15

Aug 21, 2014
kentTO said:
1) But your test is on Monday Sept 22.
How is your oath on Monday Sept 22 too? lol

2) How did the test and interview go? Did they look through all your passport stamps? Did they have the CBSA report?
Oops! I made a mistake! It should be sept. 29 not 22 to be exact. My interview was done for only 8 minutes and that's it. they've looked my passport, pr, confirmation, etc. and she just asked a few questions and after that, she just told me to attend the oath next week. lucky for me!

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
splitfire15 said:
Oops! I made a mistake! It should be sept. 29 not 22 to be exact. My interview was done for only 8 minutes and that's it. they've looked my passport, pr, confirmation, etc. and she just asked a few questions and after that, she just told me to attend the oath next week. lucky for me!
Awesome. What were the types of question she asked? Any tricky ones like the ones that US border agents people ask?

Marky Mark

Sep 10, 2014
kentTO said:
Awesome. What were the types of question she asked? Any tricky ones like the ones that US border agents people ask?
Hi kentTO;

Why Kent!?, What questions do the USA border officers ask you (or have previously asked) that make you feel uncomfortable towards any of them!?

Thanks for sharing & letting us know.

djdjdj

Nov 4, 2010
Took Test on Sept 24 in Ottawa.

They said before we began the test that if we meet all the requirement that the Oath letter should be mail to us 2-5 months.

After I finished the interview the officer said that I will be notified by mail with the next step. She didn't mention what kind of step.