+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2014 Citizenship Application - Timeline

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes wondering the same dnt... not sure if we should request that just yet... might be a bit too early?
[
quote author=dnt4554 link=topic=179000.msg3378894#msg3378894 date=1406752363]
do I need to attach supporting documents when I am filling out the form?

Is it too early for ATIP notes?
[/quote]

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI all,
I am going to apply citizenship,
i have renew my passport ..but the last passort was expierd on
march 2013 , and i renewed it on oct 2013 , 6 months gap,,

My question is, will it be cause for rq...or not....plz advice
i never trevell scince landing......
And my new passports renewel page has previouse passpot number aswell ,,,and i have my previouse
passport with me ...
only problum is 6 month gap .....

aamer43

May 6, 2009
love bird 43 said:
HI all,
I am going to apply citizenship,
i have renew my passport ..but the last passort was expierd on
march 2013 , and i renewed it on oct 2013 , 6 months gap,,

My question is, will it be cause for rq...or not....plz advice
i never trevell scince landing......
And my new passports renewel page has previouse passpot number aswell ,,,and i have my previouse
passport with me ...
only problum is 6 month gap .....
No, Not at all, it has to do nothing with your RQ......RQ is given only if "Residency" is in question.

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
Hello, I have my test scheduled for 7 Aug and i just realized that my HL was expired and i got it renewed just a month ago. Also, my DL has been renewed too.

So should i take both my expired and new ID's ? because at the time of application both were not expired.

Can someone please advise how to handle this situation . Thanks

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto0725 said:
Hello, I have my test scheduled for 7 Aug and i just realized that my HL was expired and i got it renewed just a month ago. Also, my DL has been renewed too.

So should i take both my expired and new ID's ? because at the time of application both were not expired.

Can someone please advise how to handle this situation . Thanks
Yes, take the both to avoid any concerns..

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey toronto0725 ... could you share your timeline and what office you are taking the test at?

toronto0725 said:
Thanks a lot. but for the photocopy should i copy both on same page ?

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
maidentower said:
Hey toronto0725 ... could you share your timeline and what office you are taking the test at?
Applied 13 jan 2014. In process 7th march , test date 7 aug . Office is mississauga.

Jialidia

Jan 11, 2014
Hi everyone , my timeline is as the following.
Application received: jan 16 2014
In process: March 11 2014
Finger prints letter sent out by Cic :April 4 2014
Finger prints sent back to Cic:April 16 2014

I'm still waiting for the exam letter to arrive. I checked the e-case online once a week but nothing was updated. How long does it usually take to get the exam letter after the finger prints? Anyone can share your experience? Thank you!

randint

Feb 2, 2014
Jialidia said:
Hi everyone , my timeline is as the following.
Application received: jan 16 2014
In process: March 11 2014
Finger prints letter sent out by Cic :April 4 2014
Finger prints sent back to Cic:April 16 2014

I'm still waiting for the exam letter to arrive. I checked the e-case online once a week but nothing was updated. How long does it usually take to get the exam letter after the finger prints? Anyone can share your experience? Thank you!
It depends. My timeline is similar to yours:

Received: January 16, 2014
Processing: March 18, 2014
Document Missing: May 27, 2014
Last background check, ready for test: July 15, 2014

I requested my complete file in electronic form on August 1, 2014 (ATIP request).

Profile: Chinese male, in university, have no criminal record or suspicion of terrorism.

Jialidia

Jan 11, 2014
randint said:
It depends. My timeline is similar to yours:

Received: January 16, 2014
Processing: March 18, 2014
Document Missing: May 27, 2014
Last background check, ready for test: July 15, 2014

I requested my complete file in electronic form on August 1, 2014 (ATIP request).

Profile: Chinese male, in university, have no criminal record or suspicion of terrorism.
Hi randint, thanks for your sharing. I'm from china too. What did you mean by document missing May 27? It meant that you needed to submit more documents ? Plus,you said you requested your complete file in electronic form, I don't understand . The form of what? Relating to the process of the citizenship application? C

randint

Feb 2, 2014
Jialidia said:
Hi randint, thanks for your sharing. I'm from china too. What did you mean by document missing May 27? It meant that you needed to submit more documents ? Plus,you said you requested your complete file in electronic form, I don't understand . The form of what? Relating to the process of the citizenship application? C
When I applied for citizenship, I used an electronic (unofficial) transcript from the university's online student management system as proof of student status. The document was rejected on May 27, 2014, and I then used an official transcript (paying $10 for it) and photocopying it and then mailing it to Sydney, NS.

Jialidia

Jan 11, 2014
randint said:
When I applied for citizenship, I used an electronic (unofficial) transcript from the university's online student management system as proof of student status. The document was rejected on May 27, 2014, and I then used an official transcript (paying $10 for it) and photocopying it and then mailing it to Sydney, NS.
Got it, thanks for the explanation. Wish you good luck!