+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2014 Citizenship Application - Timeline

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Nightrider said:
Received line for my wife disappeared but mine is still there. We submitted our applications as family of 2 adults and 2 Minors.
Any idea what may be the reason ?
@Nightrider,

Did you guys pay the Citizenship fees separately ?

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Nightrider said:
No, it was one receipt. Also one AOR received for all of us.
Only one AOR is sent by CIC if they receive the applications in one envelope. You don't need to worry too much for "Received" line..... In few days it will disappear from your ecas as well.

cuds

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 21, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 19, 2014

* received the "discover Canada" book today - April 2

cuds

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizcom123 said:
Hi Applicants/Experts,

I have received my AOR and booklet with a special notice mentioned: "Your Language Abilities" blah blah. Is it normal receiving a notice with Discover Canada Booklet?

AOR, Notice, and the Booklet Received on the 26th of March.

Ecas Updated:11/12th March
I just received AOR today, and yes ... I have a half paper (A4 paper cut in half) included saying " notice your language abilities " so it is normal

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
1.we received your application for Canadian citizenship January 13,2014
2.we sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application and study book called discover Canada on January 13,2013
3.we started processing your application on march 11,2013
4/we send you a letter on march 21,if you have not yet provided the informations or the requested document ,please do so as soon as possible .please wait until you received the letter before sending us additional informations that is required .PLease consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Isabella,

I wonder what documents they may need. where did you apply from?

isabela said:
1.we received your application for Canadian citizenship January 13,2014
2.we sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application and study book called discover Canada on January 13,2013
3.we started processing your application on march 11,2013
4/we send you a letter on march 21,if you have not yet provided the informations or the requested document ,please do so as soon as possible .please wait until you received the letter before sending us additional informations that is required .PLease consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
want to change my maiden name to my husbands family name,i sent my marriage contract but they are asking to send more documents like health care card, drivers license.FROM EDMONTON ....

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
isabela said:
want to change my maiden name to my husbands family name,i sent my marriage contract but they are asking to send more documents like health care card, drivers license.FROM EDMONTON ....
When I sent my application late January, I sent my marriage certificate along with my updated last name in Alberta Health card, license, and marriage license. You may update these identifications if you want to use your husband's last name. It takes less than two weeks to receive these IDs.

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cuds said:
I just received AOR today, and yes ... I have a half paper (A4 paper cut in half) included saying " notice your language abilities " so it is normal
Thanks Cuds!

MnD

Apr 3, 2014
Hi All,

I submitted my application early December and it was returned back mid January as incomplete application. I resubmitted the application again and cic received it according to Canada express post tracking number on January 27th 2014 with signature showing on canada post website. but as of today, i cant access e-cas for information or whatsoever, I also called CIC few times and they have no record of my application, also every agent give me a different prediction of what could of happened, such as my application was simply LOST!! one of them said if i don't hear anything in few weeks then to refile the application again!! they also suggested to send it REGISTERED MAIL as they cant confirm receiving my application unless it was sent that way!! even though i sent my app Express post with tracking number!!

Now, if i resend it then this is going to be the third time, also the fees had changed since my last filing. what should i do at this point. any information would help. Thanks to all.

lenovo

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
I say just wait a couple of weeks. C-24 is nowhere close to being passed yet.

But even if they lost it, think of the bright side if you resend - you would have accumulated more days in Canada and be less likely to be RQ-ed.

The government says they will refund you if you paid too much...

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
I beg to differ with you lenovo. C-24 still have 6 more months to get through the proceedings.