Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
osdamour said:
Don't worry PPR is on the way for you... ;)
I hope so!

razan

Nov 29, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2013
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
I sent this letter to the Case Processing Centre on my husband's behalf:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Further to your email of July 19, 2013, please be advised that I have not resided in Jamaica for a period of 6 months or longer since the age of 18. I left Jamaica when I was 17 years old and began attending Riverside Military Academy in Georgia. I have not resided in Jamaica since then. I have only been back for summer vacation/holidays. If a police certificate is still required despite this, can you please extend the deadline in which to submit it. I am currently studying for the New York Bar which I will take on July 30th and 31st and will be going to Thailand for my honeymoon thereafter for 3 weeks. Please note that I am not a citizen of Jamaica.

Please also be advised that I already provided an FBI clearance from the U.S with my application. I spoke to someone from Citizenship and Immigration Canada today and was told that it is not typical to re-request an FBI clearance if when it was sent it was not more than 3 months old. My FBI clearance was received in December 2012 and my application was sent in January 2013. If I request another FBI clearance it may take up to three months to receive it.

Please contact me regarding the above. I will send in a copy of my passport while I await a response from your office.

Thank you and I hope to hear back soon,

Sincerely,

SO - HUBBY AND I WENT AHEAD AND REQUESTED THESE FBI CLEARANCES ANYWAYS. We didn't want to wait for a response especially one indicating he still needs them. We spent $250 for fingerprints, pictures and priority shipping to Jamaica and the US. ???

and yesterday we received an email stating he no longer needs either of these clearances - just a scanned copy of his passport now!!! What as waste of time and money but I do not care that much since he will soon receive his PR! How long after this email can I expect for him to get his PR card?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Hi razan,
I went through a similar thing, my US wife was born abroad but moved to the US as a child and was able to explain to them that she has only lived in the US since age 18. They then said that the FBI letter was enough, no other certificate was needed and then asked for a copy of her passport and clarification on some of her addresses. This was on July 12th. No word since then. As far as I know, if there are no other delays, it should be about a month for her COPR to get mailed to her in the US. I am a little nervous that eCAS has yet to update at all but from what the good people on this forum have told me, eCAS updates can be pretty inconsistent.

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Redid my chest Xray again today and got my extension on medicals... -_- Cost $95 only thankfully! But still, UGH. I wanted a PPR email. lol

Wonder how long it'll take. Doctor says it takes about a week for them to get it from them and all.. but have no idea how long Ottawa will take now.

Amikety.. if you could update the spreadsheet with yet another requested info from me for yesterday (New XRay required for a furtherance of medicals)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
razan said:
I sent this letter to the Case Processing Centre on my husband's behalf:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Further to your email of July 19, 2013, please be advised that I have not resided in Jamaica for a period of 6 months or longer since the age of 18. I left Jamaica when I was 17 years old and began attending Riverside Military Academy in Georgia. I have not resided in Jamaica since then. I have only been back for summer vacation/holidays. If a police certificate is still required despite this, can you please extend the deadline in which to submit it. I am currently studying for the New York Bar which I will take on July 30th and 31st and will be going to Thailand for my honeymoon thereafter for 3 weeks. Please note that I am not a citizen of Jamaica.

Please also be advised that I already provided an FBI clearance from the U.S with my application. I spoke to someone from Citizenship and Immigration Canada today and was told that it is not typical to re-request an FBI clearance if when it was sent it was not more than 3 months old. My FBI clearance was received in December 2012 and my application was sent in January 2013. If I request another FBI clearance it may take up to three months to receive it.

Please contact me regarding the above. I will send in a copy of my passport while I await a response from your office.

Thank you and I hope to hear back soon,

Sincerely,

SO - HUBBY AND I WENT AHEAD AND REQUESTED THESE FBI CLEARANCES ANYWAYS. We didn't want to wait for a response especially one indicating he still needs them. We spent $250 for fingerprints, pictures and priority shipping to Jamaica and the US. ???

and yesterday we received an email stating he no longer needs either of these clearances - just a scanned copy of his passport now!!! What as waste of time and money but I do not care that much since he will soon receive his PR! How long after this email can I expect for him to get his PR card?
He'll need to land to get his PR card.

PPR - COPR, about 1 month for Ottawa

COPR - PR card about 2 months.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Kiri said:
Redid my chest Xray again today and got my extension on medicals... -_- Cost $95 only thankfully! But still, UGH. I wanted a PPR email. lol

Wonder how long it'll take. Doctor says it takes about a week for them to get it from them and all.. but have no idea how long Ottawa will take now.

Amikety.. if you could update the spreadsheet with yet another requested info from me for yesterday (New XRay required for a furtherance of medicals)
I beat you to it!

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013

Lkrammy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
GOT PPR TODAY!!!!!!!! :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D How long before COPR in hand usually???

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

Passport Copies:
You are a citizen of a country that is exempted from obtaining a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. You are therefore required to send only a copy or scanned image of the photo page of your passport and of any pages indicating a validity extension or change to your personal information. You must submit these copies/scans for yourself and for all your accompanying family member(s).
DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S). We require copies of a VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member. Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Changes to your Family Composition:
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Has your sponsor withdrawn his or her sponsorship of your application?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPP-O immediately. You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Any new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before your case is finalized. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

Send your documents to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O)

If original documents (such as police certificates or photographs) have been requested, you are required to submit all documents by MAIL within the next 60 days to CPP-O at the address noted below.

If no original documents have been requested, you may submit copies of your documents by mail, by fax, or as scanned images attached to an email to CPP-O at the contact information noted below.

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Please submit all the requested items together in a single package. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPP-O at the address indicated below.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote - Ottawa - ND01111

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
amikety said:
I beat you to it!
Also on the advice of IvanP I sent in my passport scan to prevent further delay:

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to inform you that I had the requested repeat X-rays taken by my panel physician on July 24, 2013. You should receive the films and report shortly.

Also, in the hope of avoiding any further delays in the processing of my application, I have attached a scanned PDF copy of my passport.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
So I won't get a PPR this way.

Also..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

So this has me excited.

Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant's medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires.
I'm assuming this is what has taken place with mine and the Health Branch only saw need of a new Chest XRay since that's all they requested and the letter came from them.

...does this mean that having an updated chest Xray is the ONLY thing keeping me from PR status? Like... does this mean I'm going to be approved??? O.O I'm about to jump all over the place like a 4 year old.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Lkrammy, you're updated. Congrats :D Ottawa's turn around is about 1 month (33 days). (I didn't check this, someone else posted it recently in the Ottawa thread.)

Kiri, hopefully it works out. I know people have done that and still gotten PPR, but it's worked for others. Hoping for the best.

tinytortoise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Houston, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
So I received PPR on Monday and then this shows up in my inbox today:

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED BY THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT – OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

Ø Please request your sponsor, XXXXXXXX, provide additional information regarding his employment with current company in Canada, “XXXXXX”:the company's address also appears to be your sponsor's place of residence. Provide additional information regarding place of work, purpose of company, job description, etc.

Ø Provide evidence of adequate financial arrangements for care and support (not involving social assistance) that are in place for yourself in Canada. This may include, but is not limited to, paystubs, employment letters, and tax documents including the most recent 2012 notice of assessment (T4 & NOA) for both you and your sponsor. This must be received at this office by: 2013/08/25

Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below.

What the heck?! Has this happened to anyone else?

Pbc

May 30, 2013
Kiri said:

I have to redo medicals .. 500 $.. Wait no longer how long .. My lawyer says coz i m not from visa exempt country timelines differ.. Is that true? Why will they not accept 2012 oct medicals for jan 2013 applicants

ALLY06

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
02-21-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
tinytortoise said:
So I received PPR on Monday and then this shows up in my inbox today:

Ø Please request your sponsor, XXXXXXXX, provide additional information regarding his employment with current company in Canada, “XXXXXX”:the company's address also appears to be your sponsor's place of residence. Provide additional information regarding place of work, purpose of company, job description, etc.

Ø Provide evidence of adequate financial arrangements for care and support (not involving social assistance) that are in place for yourself in Canada. This may include, but is not limited to, paystubs, employment letters, and tax documents including the most recent 2012 notice of assessment (T4 & NOA) for both you and your sponsor. This must be received at this office by: 2013/08/25

What the heck?! Has this happened to anyone else?
Did you make sure they had your correct file # on the e-mail? Maybe they made an error and sent it to the wrong person...that or they decided they now need more information (which is very strange I think...)

tinytortoise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2012
Houston, Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
ALLY06 said:
Did you make sure they had your correct file # on the e-mail? Maybe they made an error and sent it to the wrong person...that or they decided they now need more information (which is very strange I think...)
It's the same application # and UCI. They were signed differently too.

First

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada

The second

Sincerely,

Case Officer VH
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa -D6899
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
tinytortoise said:
It's the same application # and UCI. They were signed differently too.

First

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada

The second

Sincerely,

Case Officer VH
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa -D6899
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Could be your IO went on vacation and another is covering.