+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2012 Applicants - Join here!

sukhi_ghotra

May 9, 2012
Mez007 said:
I was on the Same Boat I had to resend a form. When I called Cic the agent told me no upates and I have have to get back in the line.
I think 2 weeks after I received the Approval email.
Thanx a lot for the info . That definitely came as a relief to me.
I have a question if u dnt mind . Was ur application sent to CPP ottawa too ?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
sukhi_ghotra said:
Thanx for replying .
But no my original appliaction was sent to mississauga n i was told to send the required docs to CPP ottawa this time .. N in the email i was told to address the package to a particular officer ( for eg. Attention - officer BD )
So to my undertanding i thought it wouldnt take that long since it looked like they were giving priority to the case since its allready been so long since i applied ...
I guess as u said i shall call em again and verify the info that agent gave me today .
Oh if you were told to address it to your officer don't worry! It will be REALLY fast!

mit8383

May 18, 2012
To aakulkarni,

File Sent ON 30/01/2012 & Sponsorship Approved on 30/04/12 & File Transfer For Further Process TO ND VO ON same Date.

From That Day My Status ON CIC Website is Application Received FOR PR ON 30/01/2012 & Medical Results Has Been Received ..
is My Status Going To change " In Process " Once They Are Processing My File ?
I Don't HAVE Any Travel History ..

Can Anyone Help me ??

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
mit8383 said:
To aakulkarni,

File Sent ON 30/01/2012 & Sponsorship Approved on 30/04/12 & File Transfer For Further Process TO ND VO ON same Date.

From That Day My Status ON CIC Website is Application Received FOR PR ON 30/01/2012 & Medical Results Has Been Received ..
is My Status Going To change " In Process " Once They Are Processing My File ?
I Don't HAVE Any Travel History ..

Can Anyone Help me ??
I have a similar question. I know a guy from Nepal, who hasn't gotten a PPR yet but his eCAS shows medical results received and In Process as of May 5th (he got approved on March 16 so it's been a while). Is anyone else aware of cases where processing happened before they requested passport?

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Just wanted to check in , haven't been around for a few days. Missed you guys ;)

No new news from my end. But I hope everyone is doing well and congrats to those who got some good news recently!! :D :D

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
mountain_pirate said:
I have a similar question. I know a guy from Nepal, who hasn't gotten a PPR yet but his eCAS shows medical results received and In Process as of May 5th (he got approved on March 16 so it's been a while). Is anyone else aware of cases where processing happened before they requested passport?
Mine even hasn't shown Med received. Sponsorship process has been "In Process" and applicant process has been "Application Received" since sponsorship approved. If there are something wrong with my application?

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Amoss said:
Just wanted to check in , haven't been around for a few days. Missed you guys ;)

No new news from my end. But I hope everyone is doing well and congrats to those who got some good news recently!! :D :D
Anyone applied via Buffalo office get updates? After sponsorship approved in early April, I haven't heard anything from BUF office and eCas has no update either.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
iacrossnation said:
Mine even hasn't shown Med received. Sponsorship process has been "In Process" and applicant process has been "Application Received" since sponsorship approved. If there are something wrong with my application?
Sponsorship didn't change to decision made once you got approval? I think someone just didn't get around to updating your ecas.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
-FIREFLY- said:
I THINK I got my PR approval letter yesterday. The wording wasn't quite as dazzling as I had somehow imagined.

"YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA WILL BE VALID FOR TRAVEL UNTIL: *11/07/2012
* date appears in MM/DD/YY format"

I thought at the very least, there would be confetti, or maybe a puppy.

:)
congrats Firefly ;D finally this visa is successful for u ;D and LOL no confetti or puppy!!!!! very dissapointing :-\ at least a musical card!!!! :p

have a happy landing and nice start in Canada!!!! and stay in touch :)

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
iacrossnation said:
Anyone applied via Buffalo office get updates? After sponsorship approved in early April, I haven't heard anything from BUF office and eCas has no update either.
I didn't receive an update. I wrote to Buffalo a week or so ago and they wrote back and that's when I found out mine was transferred to LA on May 8th (app filed Jan 10). BUT, I do know alf+jlh's app was filed the same day as mine I believe (actual file received by CPC-M same day) and her ecas has in process now (as of like a week I think)... I also think I heard someone already got their PPR ... but that's foggy

I guess everyone is different. Wish we heard something!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
dreamcatcher said:
Hi Everyone, I know this is completely off the topic but I thought I might like to share this quote a friend of mine posted on facebook. It's just for something different and I think it's good to have some time out from all the immigration stuff every once in awhile.

So here it is.....

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others, including Love. One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all constructed boats and left. Except for Love.
Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to hold out until the last possible moment.
When the island had almost sunk, Love decided to ask for help.
Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat, Love said,
" Richness, can you take me with you?"
Richness answered, " No, I can't. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you."
Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel."Vanity, please help me!"
" I can't help you, Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat." Vanity answered.
Sadness was close by so Love asked, Sadness, let me go with you.""Oh . . . Love, I am so sad that I need to be my myself!"
Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her.
Suddenly, there was a voice, " Come, Love, I will take you." It was an elder. So blessed and overjoyed, Love even forgot to ask the elder where they were going. When they arrived at dry land, the elder went her own way. Realizing how much was owed the elder,
Love asked Knowledge, another elder, " Who Helped me?"
Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered. "Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is."
a little late to say it but it's very sweet :) thank u for sharing and bringing a smile :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Amoss said:

hi Amoss!!!!!!!!!! we missed u tooooooo!!!!! ;D nothing new here, i take it as a good sign ;) here is hot like hell i think worse than where u r (here it's desert, any green they have is brought from miles away and in the summer it's burnt :eek: already 38 degrees with so much humidity; soon it can reach 50+ God help us!!! but i know in India it's worse :( at least here we have ac at home (althought i don't like it and it makes me sick) and everywhere inside...so obviously we go out less but i do take advantage and learn new things in my field and make new projects ;) maybe i'll plan a trip to Ca soon like i do every summer....
no change in our appl: no aor (i don't expect one anyway but it would b nice ;)), even the csq didn't arrive yet (still in their timeline) and no change in ecas either LOL but we did manage to extend the applicant's passport at the specific embassy without the need to travel (not safe there at all) and that made me very very happy and relieved...good luck!! :-*

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Amoss said:
I didn't receive an update. I wrote to Buffalo a week or so ago and they wrote back and that's when I found out mine was transferred to LA on May 8th (app filed Jan 10). BUT, I do know alf+jlh's app was filed the same day as mine I believe (actual file received by CPC-M same day) and her ecas has in process now (as of like a week I think)... I also think I heard someone already got their PPR ... but that's foggy

I guess everyone is different. Wish we heard something!!
yeah i think podkayne got it (sorry if i got the username wrong)...congrats for them!! ;D

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
iacrossnation said:
haven't heard a thing, and mine was supposedly transferred on March 28.

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
canadiangirl78 said:
Sponsorship didn't change to decision made once you got approval? I think someone just didn't get around to updating your ecas.
Thanks. I just checked the content after I clicked "In Process". The content sounds like Decision Made: ......................We sent you a letter on April 4, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.