26-04-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2012(in process 18jun2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made09-Jul-2012
rehan1981 said:
My E-cas status just shows "application received in January 2012 for Permanent Residence " and I was requested Passport along with medicals and PCC in Feb 2012 but the status has not changed for the past 3 months does that mean they have not started processing my file yet ? Office working on my case is New Delhi .
No one can assure anything whether they are working on your file or not..Time period depends upon case to case. All we can do is wait and pray ..

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
Amoss said:
Did you write them yet??

we'll get our turn in the sun! ;D ;D
I wrote Buffalo and they said they don't have my file! I wrote them back saying that CIC-M told me it was transferred to them, and they said they can't help me and to call CIC-M. Which I did a few days ago....

The lady was the most helpful so far and said that she would send an email (to someone!) to have them re-send my husband the sponsor approval letter (as we have never received anything in the mail or email!) She also said that she will send an email to see where the file is and why it isn't at Buffalo yet and that we should call back in a while.

So crazy. I thought ours was such a routine case, very simple, and didn't think it would be so time-consuming!

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
avocadosandcheese said:
I wrote Buffalo and they said they don't have my file! I wrote them back saying that CIC-M told me it was transferred to them, and they said they can't help me and to call CIC-M. Which I did a few days ago....

The lady was the most helpful so far and said that she would send an email (to someone!) to have them re-send my husband the sponsor approval letter (as we have never received anything in the mail or email!) She also said that she will send an email to see where the file is and why it isn't at Buffalo yet and that we should call back in a while.

So crazy. I thought ours was such a routine case, very simple, and didn't think it would be so time-consuming!
Wow! What a run around! Sounds like you guys just got a little unlucky. Soon as they relocate your file, it will zoom through the app procedure ;)

I would probably call back in like a week, or every week. I mean, they should know where your file is. When I wrote Buffalo about ours, they just wrote: no Buffalo (with a few other words). But just "no"... they wrote it so quickly and without effort that they forgot the 't'. I take it as an indication of what their process is when replying to e-mails (no real thought put into them). All their energy is behind the scenes :D

Let us know soon as you hear anything!

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
My wife received her PPR today from CHC-ND via email. They haven't mentioned anything about including a prepaid envelope when sending the passport for return. Should I include a self-addressed prepaid DHL envelope anyway?? Has anybody done that?

rv_maria

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 03, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 23, 2012. Received by ND Apr 24, 2012. No Travel History. In Process- May 21, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made - Jun 06, 2012. Passport received - Jun 10, 2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
nakash said:
My wife received her PPR today from CHC-ND via email. They haven't mentioned anything about including a prepaid envelope when sending the passport for return. Should I include a self-addressed prepaid DHL envelope anyway?? Has anybody done that?
Hello Nakash,
I do not think CIC-ND needs a prepaid DHL envelope. If they did, they would asked for one.
I pretty sure your will be safe with just mailing what they have asked for.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
rv_maria

simplysimple

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
[img width=20]http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/small_pink_and_blue_glitter_star_with_silver_border.gif[/img] New Delhi [img width=20]http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/small_pink_and_blue_glitter_star_with_silver_border.gif[/img]<br />
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th Jan 2012<br /><br />App. Delivered : 11th Jan 2012<br />
AOR Received.
NO AOR <br /><br />Approval ........: 1 March 2012<br />
File Transfer...
Dont Know<br />
Med's Done....
Nov 2011<br />
Interview........
Waived<br />
Passport Req..
16 March 2012 <br /><br />PP Delivered ...: 19th March<br /><br />Inprocess .......: 11 April 2012<br />
VISA ISSUED...
YES<br /><br />PP Delivered ..: 18 April 2012<br />
LANDED..........
6th May 2012<br /><br />TOTAL TIME ...: 99 days
Just to keep everyone updated..

After arriving in Canada,,,

2 major things to do..

1. Apply for a SIN card (Social Insurance Number). They will give you temporary printout, and will mail you SIN card within a week or two. This is also required to get a job. Applying is easy,, go to the office near you,, with Passport and COPR letter.. the person at the office will do all the work,,, no paper/pen work,, just they need your signatures.. 5 mins work..

2. Open a bank account with some minimum deposit. This is required to apply for Health Insurance. Anyone arriving new to canada wont get insured unless he/she is 3 months old in Canada.. Till then,, take major care of your health.. Medical is expensive here without Health Insurance. So why a bank account needed. When I went to apply for Health Insurance, they asked me for residence proof.. I didnt had that.. They gave me a paper with list of things that can act as residence proof. Major were, Landline Bill, Bank account statement, Driver license, House owner, etc etc,, with most of the things in list were like,, a new comer cannot get early.. 2 things are easy,, Landline bill (Cellular Bill wont work) or Bank statement.. Best is open a bank account with minimum 100 $, and then wait for the monthly statement..,, as soon as you are up with statement,, apply for the health insurance.

Best part of Applying for health insurance is,, whether you apply on first day of coming to canada, or apply at the end of three months,, you will get Health insurance at end of three month period of your stay from your arrival,, so it wont matter if you apply on first day, or at the 90th day.,,, you will receive your health insurance card at end of 3 months period within 1 week.. I got this confirmed by the office by personal...

Will keep everyone updated if anything major comes through....

rv_maria

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 03, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 23, 2012. Received by ND Apr 24, 2012. No Travel History. In Process- May 21, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made - Jun 06, 2012. Passport received - Jun 10, 2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
Thank you SimplySimple for keeping us updated with your experience.
It is very informative and helpful.

Regards,
rv_maria

simplysimple said:

2 major things to do..

1. Apply for a SIN card (Social Insurance Number). They will give you temporary printout, and will mail you SIN card within a week or two. This is also required to get a job. Applying is easy,, go to the office near you,, with Passport and COPR letter.. the person at the office will do all the work,,, no paper/pen work,, just they need your signatures.. 5 mins work..

2. Open a bank account with some minimum deposit. This is required to apply for Health Insurance. Anyone arriving new to canada wont get insured unless he/she is 3 months old in Canada.. Till then,, take major care of your health.. Medical is expensive here without Health Insurance. So why a bank account needed. When I went to apply for Health Insurance, they asked me for residence proof.. I didnt had that.. They gave me a paper with list of things that can act as residence proof. Major were, Landline Bill, Bank account statement, Driver license, House owner, etc etc,, with most of the things in list were like,, a new comer cannot get early.. 2 things are easy,, Landline bill (Cellular Bill wont work) or Bank statement.. Best is open a bank account with minimum 100 $, and then wait for the monthly statement..,, as soon as you are up with statement,, apply for the health insurance.

Best part of Applying for health insurance is,, whether you apply on first day of coming to canada, or apply at the end of three months,, you will get Health insurance at end of three month period of your stay from your arrival,, so it wont matter if you apply on first day, or at the 90th day.,,, you will receive your health insurance card at end of 3 months period within 1 week.. I got this confirmed by the office by personal...

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
simplysimple said:

2 major things to do..

wow welcome to Canada! How are you liking it so far?

May I ask what province are you in? coz for health insurance here in Alberta , we have an Alberta Health Card that could be availed upon arriving here. We applied for it in the first week after we landed, then we got the card in the mail after a few weeks. But that is only for the basic health services, I'm not sure if you meant a personal insurance with insurance companies =)

simplysimple

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
[img width=20]http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/small_pink_and_blue_glitter_star_with_silver_border.gif[/img] New Delhi [img width=20]http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/small_pink_and_blue_glitter_star_with_silver_border.gif[/img]<br />
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dont Know<br />
Med's Done....
Nov 2011<br />
Interview........
Waived<br />
Passport Req..
16 March 2012 <br /><br />PP Delivered ...: 19th March<br /><br />Inprocess .......: 11 April 2012<br />
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pelipeli said:
wow welcome to Canada! How are you liking it so far?

May I ask what province are you in? coz for health insurance here in Alberta , we have an Alberta Health Card that could be availed upon arriving here. We applied for it in the first week after we landed, then we got the card in the mail after a few weeks. But that is only for the basic health services, I'm not sure if you meant a personal insurance with insurance companies =)
I am from Ontario...
Here,,, I was told by the office i went to,, that health insurance cannot be availed by new comer unless 3 months time has passed,, I dont know why such condition has been put,, but here, it works like this.. Sad to hear though... But if one is keen to get health and medical covered for first three months,, we need to get health insurance dont by some private health insurance company... but thats also too costly,,, so basically,, no health insurance for 3 months. if i catch flu etc etc,,, either i wait for the condition to heal by itself or spend helfy money for doctor visit.. :(

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
simplysimple said:
I am from Ontario...
Here,,, I was told by the office i went to,, that health insurance cannot be availed by new comer unless 3 months time has passed,, I dont know why such condition has been put,, but here, it works like this.. Sad to hear though... But if one is keen to get health and medical covered for first three months,, we need to get health insurance dont by some private health insurance company... but thats also too costly,,, so basically,, no health insurance for 3 months. if i catch flu etc etc,,, either i wait for the condition to heal by itself or spend helfy money for doctor visit.. :(
aww that's too bad, well better keep healthy for the first three months then! Vitamins and look out for weather changes as some days are hot then the next day it could be raining!

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
rv_maria said:
Hello Nakash,
I do not think CIC-ND needs a prepaid DHL envelope. If they did, they would asked for one.
I pretty sure your will be safe with just mailing what they have asked for.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
rv_maria
Thanks rv_maria.

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplysimple said:
I am from Ontario...
The 3 month waiting period is only in Quebec and Ontario from my knowledge..

simplysimple

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dont Know<br />
Med's Done....
Nov 2011<br />
Interview........
Waived<br />
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pelipeli said:
aww that's too bad, well better keep healthy for the first three months then! Vitamins and look out for weather changes as some days are hot then the next day it could be raining!
yup,,, thats right,,,a lot of variation in weather,,, have to be careful...

bp832

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
AOR Received.
Never received...
File Transfer...
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
December 13, 2011
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
nakash said:
Hello Nakash, nice flag! Great to see another Sask person around! And congrats on the PPR!

bp832

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
AOR Received.
Never received...
File Transfer...
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
December 13, 2011
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
Just out of curiosity, did anyone else receive a $50 refund once sponsorship was approved??? I paid all of the correct fees, and just received a refund from CIC!