Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
iacrossnation said:
Thanks. I just checked the content after I clicked "In Process". The content sounds like Decision Made: ......................We sent you a letter on April 4, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Yes that is what mine says about Decision Made. I never even saw In Process. It went from Application Received to Decision Made.

I am also waiting for In Process under Permanent Residence Application. But I hear it will be a couple few months. :(

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
missmini said:
yeah i think podkayne got it (sorry if i got the username wrong)...congrats for them!! ;D
Yea that was me. :)

And I don't think there is any rhyme or reason as to what ecas says or how they decide when & if they are going to email or send things by regular mail. And even though I have the PPR email - my ecas still says "In Process"... lol

The satellite office of Seattle never sent me AOR or anything. Just Buffalo did. And Buffalo only notified me about my transfer to Seattle after I emailed them to update my passport information. Who knows if I would have heard anything if I hadn't contacted them about my renewed passport.

I think there may be something to be said for messaging them to update stuff, as I also emailed Seattle to update my mailing address once I came to visit on a long term basis with my husband. Then when I crossed the border, the immigration officer issued me a 6 month visitor record and updated my address to my husbands Canadian one. Not sure if that sped things up or what.

I don't think anyone should be hesitant to send a message to their visa office. I think one message is understandable if you haven't heard anything at all. I think they probably just don't want tons of messages or multiple ones.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
iacrossnation said:
Thanks. I just checked the content after I clicked "In Process". The content sounds like Decision Made: ......................We sent you a letter on April 4, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Was this under sponsor or applicant? If it was under applicant the yes you are nearing the end!

My ecas changed under the principal applicants name to I process last week, still no more news though. I did email buffalo for any news but haven't back from them yet.

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
alf+jlh said:
Was this under sponsor or applicant? If it was under applicant the yes you are nearing the end!

My ecas changed under the principal applicants name to I process last week, still no more news though. I did email buffalo for any news but haven't back from them yet.
"In Process" under Sponsorship Status. "Application Received" under PR Status. So we have LONG way to go. It's good to hear yours started to change, ours looks like dead file as no one to touch yet.

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone is aware of cases where eCAS went to processing (for applicant post sponsorship approval) before getting a PPR. I thought they started processing only after they received a passport. I would appreciate answers from anyone who has come across something similar.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
mountain_pirate said:
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone is aware of cases where eCAS went to processing (for applicant post sponsorship approval) before getting a PPR. I thought they started processing only after they received a passport. I would appreciate answers from anyone who has come across something similar.
for New Delhi it looks like it's like u say; but for other embassies they ask the passport when they finished the processing and the visa is ready (so the in process message appears way before, or should appear ;) ) for embassies with timelines of one year or more there is no point to ask the passport from the beginning

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
missmini said:
hi Amoss!!!!!!!!!! we missed u tooooooo!!!!! ;D nothing new here, i take it as a good sign ;) here is hot like hell i think worse than where u r (here it's desert, any green they have is brought from miles away and in the summer it's burnt :eek: already 38 degrees with so much humidity; soon it can reach 50+ God help us!!! but i know in India it's worse :( at least here we have ac at home (althought i don't like it and it makes me sick) and everywhere inside...so obviously we go out less but i do take advantage and learn new things in my field and make new projects ;) maybe i'll plan a trip to Ca soon like i do every summer....
no change in our appl: no aor (i don't expect one anyway but it would b nice ;)), even the csq didn't arrive yet (still in their timeline) and no change in ecas either LOL but we did manage to extend the applicant's passport at the specific embassy without the need to travel (not safe there at all) and that made me very very happy and relieved...good luck!! :-*
:eek: :eek: :eek: eeeek! 50+ oh my! that's intense! ??? We have been really lucky lately... it's just hovering around 30. So far we have only used the fan at night... because like you, the AC makes me sick. It will be any day now though that we will need to start using it :( maybe in Canada we will think it's too col! ;)

sorry you haven't heard anything either. But you sounds very productive! And a trip to Ca... oh that would be nice. I'm happy because my sister is coming to visit me this summer. Bring a little piece of canada with her... (along with some clamato juice :p )

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
iacrossnation said:
iacrossnation said:
"In Process" under Sponsorship Status. "Application Received" under PR Status. So we have LONG way to go. It's good to hear yours started to change, ours looks like dead file as no one to touch yet.
I think ecas is very unreliable and shouldn't be taken too seriously... otherwise most of us would be nervous wrecks right now! Mine never said in process under the sponsorship. It went from received to, we sent you a letter, and now it says decision made. Unfortunately, the agents are rather inconsistent with updating ecas. Some agents seem diligent, and others seem very lackadaisical. ???

Luckily we have this forum for support. And like podkayne8 wrote, writing is a good idea once in a while

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
avocadosandcheese said:
haven't heard a thing, and mine was supposedly transferred on March 28.
Did you write them yet??

we'll get our turn in the sun! ;D ;D

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
missmini said:
for New Delhi it looks like it's like u say; but for other embassies they ask the passport when they finished the processing and the visa is ready (so the in process message appears way before, or should appear ;) ) for embassies with timelines of one year or more there is no point to ask the passport from the beginning
Thanks for your reply. Mine is through ND as well. It's been nearly two months since my file got transferred but no PPR or any other words besides 'Medicals received' update over a month back. Then I heard from a guy yesterday who has been waiting for over two months after file transfer to ND. He said he hasn't gotten a PPR yet either, but his eCAS changed to Processing on May 5. From what I see here, everyone from ND seems to get PPR within 2-3 weeks and it goes to In process a couple of weeks after that. Mind you both of us are Nepalese, so I'm wondering if ND treats Indians and Nepalese differently. I was also hoping to find someone here who was aware of a situation where it went to processing before PPR. Just to comfort my restless heart. It's been nearly two months and both of us getting a bit anxious.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
mountain_pirate said:
Thanks for your reply. Mine is through ND as well. It's been nearly two months since my file got transferred but no PPR or any other words besides 'Medicals received' update over a month back. Then I heard from a guy yesterday who has been waiting for over two months after file transfer to ND. He said he hasn't gotten a PPR yet either, but his eCAS changed to Processing on May 5. From what I see here, everyone from ND seems to get PPR within 2-3 weeks and it goes to In process a couple of weeks after that. Mind you both of us are Nepalese, so I'm wondering if ND treats Indians and Nepalese differently. I was also hoping to find someone here who was aware of a situation where it went to processing before PPR. Just to comfort my restless heart. It's been nearly two months and both of us getting a bit anxious.
I wonder if it's the case that a different agent (or set of agents) specifically handles Nepalese cases. In which case, maybe those agents simply don't use the same practices as those processing the Indians cases? My bet would be that everything is OK. most of stuff behind the scenes is a bit of a mystery.. ::)

My was transferred over 2 months ago, and I have not heard anything either. and all ecas changed was "medicals received" it's all different... meh... tick tock, tick tock.. :p

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
Amoss said:
I wonder if it's the case that a different agent (or set of agents) specifically handles Nepalese cases. In which case, maybe those agents simply don't use the same practices as those processing the Indians cases? My bet would be that everything is OK. most of stuff behind the scenes is a bit of a mystery.. ::)

My was transferred over 2 months ago, and I have not heard anything either. and all ecas changed was "medicals received" it's all different... meh... tick tock, tick tock.. :p
;D tik tok, tik tok...

rehan1981

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
07-04-2012
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
My E-cas status just shows "application received in January 2012 for Permanent Residence " and I was requested Passport along with medicals and PCC in Feb 2012 but the status has not changed for the past 3 months does that mean they have not started processing my file yet ? Office working on my case is New Delhi .

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
Hello All, our file has already been transfered to New Delhi, Does any one know how would New Delhi ask for a passport . Is it via Letter or Email?

Really appreciate if some one can help us

Thanks.

apks

May 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2012(in process 18jun2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made09-Jul-2012
image6000 said:
Hello All, our file has already been transfered to New Delhi, Does any one know how would New Delhi ask for a passport . Is it via Letter or Email?

Really appreciate if some one can help us

Thanks.
ND usually takes 2-3 weeks. If you have filled out your email address in the forms then they will email it to you.