waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
laleh_d said:
Thank you for the clarification Missmini.
Does it mean that we have to contact the VO office to ensure that they have received the file from Mississauga
yes and no ::) everyone will say differently; some say don't bother them with emails, also maybe they won't answer; let's say if the sponsor gets the approval letter in mid-march i won't email anyone right away; i will follow the e-cas and if after another month nothing i would first call CIC to confirm me the application was sent and where and then i would maybe email them...it's tricky, on one hand u need to keep track and make sure no time is wasted; but on the other hand, u don't want them to get annoyed from ur emails ::) for now just wait and see what happens :)

L

laleh_d

missmini said:
yes and no ::) everyone will say differently; some say don't bother them with emails, also maybe they won't answer; let's say if the sponsor gets the approval letter in mid-march i won't email anyone right away; i will follow the e-cas and if after another month nothing i would first call CIC to confirm me the application was sent and where and then i would maybe email them...it's tricky, on one hand u need to keep track and make sure no time is wasted; but on the other hand, u don't want them to get annoyed from ur emails ::) for now just wait and see what happens :)
Thanx missmini,
seems like there's no clear answer to anything related to the sponsorship application ;D could be frustrating at times...

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
laleh_d said:
Thanx missmini,
seems like there's no clear answer to anything related to the sponsorship application ;D could be frustrating at times...
of course it will be!!! this is just the beginning!!!!! try not to think too much about it ;D

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
missmini said:
just a small correction :) AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt and that is not sent by Mississauga, only by the visa office (2nd stage); but many VO's (including Damascus) do not send that either; people know something either from e-cas either sending an email to the VO and wait for a reply
the only thing Mississauga sends is the approval letter which includes something like: "ur file has now been forwarded to this specific VO"; but it's one thing to be forwarded and another to be received; some people complained that their file was still at Mississauga even after 2 months from the sponsor approval (because of the situation in Syria, they weren't forwarding all the files anymore; very confusing ::))

anyway, hope the new year Chinese year of the Dragon brings us excitement and positive changes ;D
It is not that small! I thought I got to wait for AOR first and then with other stages. So how would I know whether they are working on my file or not... ??? So I have to do the email thing in mid-March? I've heard sending emails and calling CIC will slow down the whole process ...

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
imatra said:
It is not that small! I thought I got to wait for AOR first and then with other stages. So how would I know whether they are working on my file or not... ??? So I have to do the email thing in mid-March? I've heard sending emails and calling CIC will slow down the whole procedure ...
i think we talk abt the same thing ;) u will receive a letter from Missisauga in mid-March but that will not cofirm the receipt in Damascus (or Ankara or whatever visa office they decide) by the way if u put ur mailing address outside Canada the letter might take a few weeks we will see....maybe e-cas will be updated sooner....no, don't send them email in mid-march, first wait for the letter, than wait a few more weeks to make sure the file arrived somewhere, then call CIC to confirm u it was sent and then email; if in all this time u will have some updated info in e-cas then no need to call and no need to email; yes, emailing them could slow things down, u heard right, that's why use it wisely and as last resort ;)

r u reading the Damascus thread? did u see that some members (Tina and another one) didn't have the applicaion sent at any visa office? the sponsor got approved 2 months ago and the application is still at Missisauga....the unstable situations in some countries does really affect...still on Damascus thread u will see that noone really knows when they actually start working on the files (by the way, the date when they receive it is not the date when they start working on it - the file could take dust for months there); lastly, most embassies work in the same way (people r in the dark) some r actually much much slower

take care!!

L

laleh_d

missmini said:
i think we talk abt the same thing ;) u will receive a letter from Missisauga in mid-March but that will not cofirm the receipt in Damascus (or Ankara or whatever visa office they decide) by the way if u put ur mailing address outside Canada the letter might take a few weeks we will see....maybe e-cas will be updated sooner....no, don't send them email in mid-march, first wait for the letter, than wait a few more weeks to make sure the file arrived somewhere, then call CIC to confirm u it was sent and then email; if in all this time u will have some updated info in e-cas then no need to call and no need to email; yes, emailing them could slow things down, u heard right, that's why use it wisely and as last resort ;)

r u reading the Damascus thread? did u see that some members (Tina and another one) didn't have the applicaion sent at any visa office? the sponsor got approved 2 months ago and the application is still at Missisauga....the unstable situations in some countries does really affect...still on Damascus thread u will see that noone really knows when they actually start working on the files (by the way, the date when they receive it is not the date when they start working on it - the file could take dust for months there); lastly, most embassies work in the same way (people r in the dark) some r actually much much slower

why does calling them slows down the process? is it because they get pissed off and deliberately delay working on your process or is it because they might suspect a fraud?
I'm really puzzled. I guess their work is kinda like how paper work is being handled in Iran. :)

take care!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
i don't know exactly i don't work there ::) here is a sample from the guide:

What factors can slow down processing?
Here is a list of common factors that can slow the processing of your application.
•Incomplete or unsigned application forms
•Incorrect, incomplete address or failure to notify CPC-M of a change of address
•Missing documents
•Unclear photocopies of documents
•Documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation
•Investigation of sponsors by CIC
•Verification of information and documents provided (e.g., there may be lengthy procedures for background checks in the countries where the applicant or his or her family members have lived or need for a second interview for additional background screening)
•A medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations
•A criminal or security problem (e.g., failure to declare family members or criminal charges pending)
•Consultation is required with other offices in Canada and abroad
•Inquiring about the status of your application before the standard processing time has elapsed

i think official inquiry is not the same calling/sending email but still their workforce is kind of limited and even when u call - the agent or receptionist is not the officer handling ur application so they might not know much, on the contrary, tell u wrong stuff; maybe also because when u ask they will take out ur file from a stack and maybe u loose ur turn;

they try to discourage these practices; if everyone will call/send emails all the time, they will never actually work and finish any file; there r embassies which never answer the phone ::) don't know exactly how they work, i just tend to follow their instructions and be patient :)

L

laleh_d

missmini said:
i don't know exactly i don't work there ::) here is a sample from the guide:

What factors can slow down processing?
Here is a list of common factors that can slow the processing of your application.
•Incomplete or unsigned application forms
•Incorrect, incomplete address or failure to notify CPC-M of a change of address
•Missing documents
•Unclear photocopies of documents
•Documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation
•Investigation of sponsors by CIC
•Verification of information and documents provided (e.g., there may be lengthy procedures for background checks in the countries where the applicant or his or her family members have lived or need for a second interview for additional background screening)
•A medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations
•A criminal or security problem (e.g., failure to declare family members or criminal charges pending)
•Consultation is required with other offices in Canada and abroad
•Inquiring about the status of your application before the standard processing time has elapsed

i think official inquiry is not the same calling/sending email but still their workforce is kind of limited and even when u call - the agent or receptionist is not the officer handling ur application so they might not know much, on the contrary, tell u wrong stuff; maybe also because when u ask they will take out ur file from a stack and maybe u loose ur turn;

they try to discourage these practices; if everyone will call/send emails all the time, they will never actually work and finish any file; there r embassies which never answer the phone ::) don't know exactly how they work, i just tend to follow their instructions and be patient :)

yes I think the best thing to do is to follow their instruction and be patient. I was just going through December thread and interestingly I found that some people who sent their application in December received an email from CIC saying that their application was received. The email was most probably sent from the Mississauga office because it was not declared that where the file will be sent to or anything. so it is interesting that they email some people to inform them about the receipt of their application but not others! :)

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
missmini said:

take care!!
missmini, thanks for clarification and the later post for "laleh_d". Both are very informative. I currently do live in Iran, but I thought the majority of correspondents would be done through e-mail and not regular mail. It takes forever to get stuff in regular mail. I wonder what happens if I decide to move back to Canada in a couple of months. The situation is not the best over here in Iran and with all these sanctions and embargoes it is getting worse everyday.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
laleh_d said:
yes I think the best thing to do is to follow their instruction and be patient. I was just going through December thread and interestingly I found that some people who sent their application in December received an email from CIC saying that their application was received. The email was most probably sent from the Mississauga office because it was not declared that where the file will be sent to or anything. so it is interesting that they email some people to inform them about the receipt of their application but not others! :)
maybe now because people wait like almost 70 days they send acknowledgement of receipt email/letter; usually they sent but not for our category because our category used to be fast; r u sure it's AOR, maybe they get the sponsor approval 8) i don't have time to follow other threads :-[ i guess soon we'll also know :) everyone could confirm if they receive an AOR from Missisauga or not!!

yeah imatra me too i hope that they will send me emails, since regular mail would take some time; but some people still receive regular email, and some even in Canada, they complained it took long to get it; no problem if u decide to move back, there's a change of address form in the CIC website

for the rest, sorry for talking too much u about our problems and special situation, specific for some region; hope soon this thread will b active with more of us sharing, active with good news!! :)

Jan 23, 2012
Need some help folks! Just about to send my forms off to Vegreville, AB (In-Canada spousal application), however, both my work permit and non-Canadian passport expires in August 2012.
Should I send the forms with the old information (passport & work permit)? Since the wait time is 10-11 months for an in-Canada spousal application, how should I apply for a work permit?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
HI i just sent my spouse visa application today on 23rd of January. It will probably reach mississauga on 26th. how will they contact me when they recieve my application? by email or letter to my canadian home address? thanks

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ashunandal said:
HI i just sent my spouse visa application today on 23rd of January. It will probably reach mississauga on 26th. how will they contact me when they recieve my application? by email or letter to my canadian home address? thanks
They will inform you first you received your approval letter. Otherwise there is not a notification.

lyn_dvcl

Jan 23, 2012
gud day to all.....i was about to submit my application dis week, where did you guys put the 2 pages barcode of generic application form? i was under the SINP family member stream.....tnx. and Gud lucK!

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
missmini said:
maybe in the moment they open the file/start processing e-cas gets updated too; orrrr when they finished and sent the sponsor approval letter they update the e-cas; usually to process the sponsor part could take just one day, maybe a little more (the 68 days shown r just because of the backlog)....i guess the best way to know is to see what happened to the ones who got approved before - maybe in November thread :)

good luck!!
Thanks alot for the answer missmini