Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
hey guys! il be leaving my home land in a couple of hours,, so sad leaving evryone behind.. even if i knw il be seeing them in a few months.. but even if its sad, i cant wait to sens this application on its way. my receipt form is waiting for me in Calgary, i just have to pay the fees on Monday , go for a couple of job intrvws (yey!) and send the app on Tuesday so that il be able to belong to this batch. glad to hear its down to 68 days again. hope that it goes down and down and down still..

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
pelipeli said:
hey guys! il be leaving my home land in a couple of hours,, so sad leaving evryone behind.. even if i knw il be seeing them in a few months.. but even if its sad, i cant wait to sens this application on its way. my receipt form is waiting for me in Calgary, i just have to pay the fees on Monday , go for a couple of job intrvws (yey!) and send the app on Tuesday so that il be able to belong to this batch. glad to hear its down to 68 days again. hope that it goes down and down and down still..
hope u arrive safe and goood luck for ur interviews!!!! we plan to send Mo/Tu also (we got the box yesterday!!), but from outside Canada, so probably yours will arrive before; or who knows, maybe in the same time ;)

good luck everyone; in around 1 month some can start checking their e-cas ;D

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
Count me in on this one, hopefully my package is not lost.
Cheers ;D

karlaF

Oct 26, 2011
Red Deer, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Passport Req..
14-03-2012 (PPR received 22-03-2012) (PP sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-06-2012 :)
srinivas.vadapalli said:
I anyone submitted their applications and were recieved by Mississauga office on or before Jan 10, I believe their applications would yield a result by Mar 14th for Sponsorship Approval

I also thought of that. 8)

L

laleh_d

imatra said:
Hello to all.

I am the sponsor, my husband is the applicant. I sent our application on December 29, 2011 and it was received on January 4, 2012 in Mississauga. The waiting game has started for me. It seems that the first step, "Assessment of Sponsor" is 68 days and the second step is country-related. My VO (Visa Office) is going to be Damascus, Syria and Step 2, "Assessment of Person Being Sponsored (applicant)" in my case is 13 months ...

Let's talk and share ...
Hi Imatra. I am also sponsoring my husband. We sent the application from Iran on December 13, 2011 and the DHL records says that It was received on December 16th. Did you get a confirmation of the receipt of your application by CIC? or did you just check the DHL tracking number? Well I think the process has just begin for us and it will take some time. Before I find this website, I thought the 13 months of waiting is just an official number and it will take much less for my husband to get his PR but I guess the 13 months was just an under estimation of how long it will take.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
laleh_d said:
Hi Imatra. I am also sponsoring my husband. We sent the application from Iran on December 13, 2011 and the DHL records says that It was received on December 16th. Did you get a confirmation of the receipt of your application by CIC? or did you just check the DHL tracking number? Well I think the process has just begin for us and it will take some time. Before I find this website, I thought the 13 months of waiting is just an official number and it will take much less for my husband to get his PR but I guess the 13 months was just an under estimation of how long it will take.
yeah 13 months could b under estimated but who knows, some got it sooner!!! anyway, Damascus is still much better and faster than other embassies: see this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

CIC will not confirm anything, they just send u the sponsor approval directly!! so yeah, until they start processing that, u can only rely on the tracking from DHL

welcome and good luck!!

L

laleh_d

missmini said:
yeah 13 months could b under estimated but who knows, some got it sooner!!! anyway, Damascus is still much better and faster than other embassies: see this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

CIC will not confirm anything, they just send u the sponsor approval directly!! so yeah, until they start processing that, u can only rely on the tracking from DHL

welcome and good luck!!

Thank you missmini,
I am so excited to meet you all.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
laleh_d said:
Thank you missmini,
I am so excited to meet you all.
looooool yeah the new members' excitement; i think me too i'll be soooo thrilled when we finally send this - should b this week, should arrive this week :) good luck and don't worry abt the name mistake from the other thread....no problem at all :) anyway, in the other thread Arezou is by far more active than me ;) best of luck!!

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Hey everyone!! :D

I am the sponsor and my husband is the applicant. He is here with me in Canada (thankfully) from Australia while we wait this out together :)
We will be mailing our PR application kit off this week and having it expressed and I am crossing my fingers it is received by the end of January!

Couldn't wait to join this group of 'Januarians' ;D

We've hit a few speed bumps in our journey and as a result had to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit and a Work Permit, they will be receiving that this week coming and the wait times for those went down from 100+ days to 30-40 days within the last month. So I am trying to look positively at the application processing times!

Good luck to everyone here and I am happy that my husband and I get to wait this out with you all!

Debbie

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
laleh_d said:
Hi laleh_d and welcome. I sent the application at the end of December 2011 and they got it (confirmation from TNT Courier Service) on January 4, 2012. I have not received any correspondents from CIC in Mississauga or anywhere else for that matter and I am not waiting so soon to receive anything. It seems, if nothing goes wrong, I might get AOR around mid-March 2012. So as of right now, I am not sure what the status of the application is.

But I'm glad to see you here :)

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
Does any know when/how long the application process will be update on the check application status online?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
mightymuffin said:
Does any know when/how long the application process will be update on the check application status online?
maybe in the moment they open the file/start processing e-cas gets updated too; orrrr when they finished and sent the sponsor approval letter they update the e-cas; usually to process the sponsor part could take just one day, maybe a little more (the 68 days shown r just because of the backlog)....i guess the best way to know is to see what happened to the ones who got approved before - maybe in November thread :)

good luck!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
imatra said:
Hi laleh_d and welcome. I sent the application at the end of December 2011 and they got it (confirmation from TNT Courier Service) on January 4, 2012. I have not received any correspondents from CIC in Mississauga or anywhere else for that matter and I am not waiting so soon to receive anything. It seems, if nothing goes wrong, I might get AOR around mid-March 2012. So as of right now, I am not sure what the status of the application is.

But I'm glad to see you here :)
just a small correction :) AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt and that is not sent by Mississauga, only by the visa office (2nd stage); but many VO's (including Damascus) do not send that either; people know something either from e-cas either sending an email to the VO and wait for a reply
the only thing Mississauga sends is the approval letter which includes something like: "ur file has now been forwarded to this specific VO"; but it's one thing to be forwarded and another to be received; some people complained that their file was still at Mississauga even after 2 months from the sponsor approval (because of the situation in Syria, they weren't forwarding all the files anymore; very confusing ::))

anyway, hope the new year Chinese year of the Dragon brings us excitement and positive changes ;D

L

laleh_d

missmini said:
just a small correction :) AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt and that is not sent by Mississauga, only by the visa office (2nd stage); but many VO's (including Damascus) do not send that either; people know something either from e-cas either sending an email to the VO and wait for a reply
the only thing Mississauga sends is the approval letter which includes something like: "ur file has now been forwarded to this specific VO"; but it's one thing to be forwarded and another to be received; some people complained that their file was still at Mississauga even after 2 months from the sponsor approval (because of the situation in Syria, they weren't forwarding all the files anymore; very confusing ::))

anyway, hope the new year Chinese year of the Dragon brings us excitement and positive changes ;D
Thank you for the clarification Missmini.
Does it mean that we have to contact the VO office to ensure that they have received the file from Mississauga

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
CheshireCats said:
Hey everyone!! :D

I am the sponsor and my husband is the applicant. He is here with me in Canada (thankfully) from Australia while we wait this out together :)
We will be mailing our PR application kit off this week and having it expressed and I am crossing my fingers it is received by the end of January!

Couldn't wait to join this group of 'Januarians' ;D

We've hit a few speed bumps in our journey and as a result had to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit and a Work Permit, they will be receiving that this week coming and the wait times for those went down from 100+ days to 30-40 days within the last month. So I am trying to look positively at the application processing times!

Good luck to everyone here and I am happy that my husband and I get to wait this out with you all!

Debbie
welcome Debbie :) hopefully the processing times will decrease for us too and for each specific visa office :) good luck to u too!! :)