+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan/Feb 2021 SDS applicants

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
Congrats!! Great news.. Was it sds India visa? When was your medical updated? And is it for college or university intake? Is it for May or Sep 21 session?
Yeah. Sorry but I am from Vietnam. Although we don't have long queue like in India, the SDS can range from 1 week like me to 1~2 months and regular can range from 2~3 months (some of sep 2020 and dec 2020 applications start receive their results lately).
Just my assumption, if you have applied for visitor for last 5 years, the process is much faster since they can skip some steps.
Otherwise, you will put in queue and need to wait for VO to verify your application.
Your passed medical exam may be a good sign since it means you may be move forward to front of the queue. Again, just my assumption but there are seperate people check medical report and update it when they received result. You still need to wait for other VO to come to your application though so anything may happen. Wish for the best.

Reactions: aspirant256

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Yeah. Sorry but I am from Vietnam. Although we don't have long queue like in India, the SDS can range from 1 week like me to 1~2 months and regular can range from 2~3 months (some of sep 2020 and dec 2020 applications start receive their results lately).
Just my assumption, if you have applied for visitor for last 5 years, the process is much faster since they can skip some steps.
Otherwise, you will put in queue and need to wait for VO to verify your application.

Your passed medical exam may be a good sign since it means you may be move forward to front of the queue. Again, just my assumption but there are seperate people check medical report and update it when they received result. You still need to wait for other VO to come to your application though so anything may happen. Wish for the best.
only applied or approved? so those with study permit refusal before should also have their application processed faster then?

Amit25July

Feb 8, 2021
Yeah. Thanks. Understand about medicals but if eligibility has started, i believe one should get decision in 2/3 weeks time. Isnt it?

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
only applied or approved? so those with study permit refusal before should also have their application processed faster then?
ah. I mean passed Canadaian tourist visa before. If you also had American visa, it would help.
One of my friend who got study permist after 6 months (she need to wait because of close border in 2020) also ordered gcms notes and it clearly said because she got US and Canadadian tourist visa it increase her trustworthy.

In case of refusal, I heard it's the same as apply new. The VO even may need some times to recheck both previous info comparing to new info.
Again, nothing we can do but wait...

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
ah. I mean passed Canadaian tourist visa before. If you also had American visa, it would help.
One of my friend who got study permist after 6 months (she need to wait because of close border in 2020) also ordered gcms notes and it clearly said because she got US and Canadadian tourist visa it increase her trustworthy.

In case of refusal, I heard it's the same as apply new. The VO even may need some times to recheck both previous info comparing to new info.
Again, nothing we can do but wait...
I have previous refusals from Canada, but had a US visa and traveled to US a few times.

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
Yeah. Thanks. Understand about medicals but if eligibility has started, i believe one should get decision in 2/3 weeks time. Isnt it?
Hopefully so.
It totally depends on your application.
If you have strong profile, good education path or got accepted in top university it goes very smoothly.
If the VO doubt your profile, it may take longer since they need to check few other things. And if they request for additional documents it takes even longer.
As far as I know, there are 3 cases, fast acceptance, fast refusal or limbo process which you don't know where the process is. Even in my country, it varies from 1 week to 2 months for sds now. No can do.

sonson

Mar 2, 2021
I have previous refusals from Canada, but had a US visa and traveled to US a few times.
Sorry, man. It's the same as new application. You only got faster by skipping biometric. But then still need to wait for all other verifications.
I know the anxiety of waiting but it's all up to VO. They get lots of applications though.

Reactions: aspirant256

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Sorry, man. It's the same as new application. You only got faster by skipping biometric. But then still need to wait for all other verifications.
I know the anxiety of waiting but it's all up to VO. They get lots of applications though.
Thanks for the kind words, appreciate it

sumeetpingale

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
**May 2021 Intake**
Sumeet Ulhas Pingale
Category: SDS (India)
Study Gap: 8 years of work exp in IT (Database Analyst)
College: Conestoga, Waterloo Campus
Program: Big Data Solution Architecture
Application submission: January 6th, 2021
Submission Confirmation: February 7th, 2021
Biometrics: January 15th, 2021 Done and Updated
Medicals: February 16th, 2021
Eligibility: March 23rd, 2021
BVL: March 24th, 2021 10:42 pm IST
PPR: March 25th, 2021 12:14 am IST

Reactions: arindam.d and A93