+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***Jan-April 2020 AOR*** - Passed or Still In Progress

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Had two ghost updates yesterday, called IRCC this morning and they told me all stages were passed and just waiting on Final Decision, and that I would be contacted about a "virtual in-person landing appointment". Finally some potential good news maybe for earlier 2020 applicants (AOR = April 27th 2020). VO = Ottawa, but being transferred to Etobicoke.

I know I still have a potential while to wait for Final Decision and all that, but sitting in the stew of "Criminality In Progress, Security Not Started" was so disgraceful on their part.

I've been contacting my MP, the Minister of Immigration, constantly calling, sending webforms, requesting GCMS notes. Minister of Immigrations office also finally replied to my third email this morning, to confirm I had passed all my stages and I would be contacted by about my landing interview.
I really hope u will have the virtual landing soon. Our file was approved since Oct 2020. Called ircc and the agent said just wait for landing process and she did not know when :(

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
So I contacted my MP about 3 times before someone replied and I was assigned a case worker. They requested an update on my behalf, but sent back the usual "COVID delays......processing is affected.....working as best we can...." blah blah blah. But I had heard somewhere that they mark your file when you request updates through your MP. So not sure if that's what gave them the kick up the butt??

But honestly, this whole process is disgraceful, and they are playing "pass the blame" or acting like it's our fault, or telling us to just be patient....? Like our lives are on hold because of them, what do they expect?? And they're not even processing the applications fairly!
Did you call them after sending an email? Because the email communication is not working between them.

Reactions: birwin91

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Did you call them after sending an email? Because the email communication is not working between them.
Yes I did! I actually called first, but no one was getting back to me, I guess no one is in the offices (?), so I started emailing instead, and eventually got through to someone!

Reactions: amala1611

Eagle_2020

Jan 27, 2021
Had two ghost updates yesterday, called IRCC this morning and they told me all stages were passed and just waiting on Final Decision, and that I would be contacted about a "virtual in-person landing appointment". Finally some potential good news maybe for earlier 2020 applicants (AOR = April 27th 2020). VO = Ottawa, but being transferred to Etobicoke.

I know I still have a potential while to wait for Final Decision and all that, but sitting in the stew of "Criminality In Progress, Security Not Started" was so disgraceful on their part.

I've been contacting my MP, the Minister of Immigration, constantly calling, sending webforms, requesting GCMS notes. Minister of Immigrations office also finally replied to my third email this morning, to confirm I had passed all my stages and I would be contacted by about my landing interview.
They are really funny. They said to me you will receive the call for the landing interview soon because all the stages are passed. This happened on November 2020, and 4 months later I’m exactly on the same point. Waiting for the landing interview. For them it’s just a word “Be patient and wait for the call”. They are killing us every day. For them, we are no more than statistics.

IRCCExpress

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
They are really funny. They said to me you will receive the call for the landing interview soon because all the stages are passed. This happened on November 2020, and 4 months later I’m exactly on the same point. Waiting for the landing interview. For them it’s just a word “Be patient and wait for the call”. They are killing us every day. For them, we are no more than statistics.
At least you are told to wait for the call, my info sharing is still in progress (that I got to know last week), and I don't know how long that's going to take. I am at a point where I don't even try to log in to my IRCC account for weeks.!

Probably will call again today.

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
At least you are told to wait for the call, my info sharing is still in progress (that I got to know last week), and I don't know how long that's going to take. I am at a point where I don't even try to log in to my IRCC account for weeks.!

Probably will call again today.
I keep forgetting to ask when I call what Info Sharing is, do you know? They never mention it when I call over the phone

Reactions: IRCCExpress

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Today i received a mail from IRCC and i believe its for all CEC applicants ,
"Update on IRCC processing capacity for your Economic Class – Canadian Experience Class (EE) application.".
"Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we’re experiencing longer than usual processing delays. Rest assured, we are still actively processing your Economic Class – Canadian Experience Class (EE) application, but it will take longer than usual to get back to you."

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Today i received a mail from IRCC and i believe its for all CEC applicants , "Update on IRCC processing capacity for your Economic Class – Canadian Experience Class (EE) application.".
Yeah I've seen this floating around a few other threads, they've been sending these over the past couple of days to people. Seems like they are trying to cover themselves for all the delays (their year end is March 31st.....so sneaky).

Are you waiting on your Criminality?

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've seen this floating around a few other threads, they've been sending these over the past couple of days to people. Seems like they are trying to cover themselves for all the delays (their year end is March 31st.....so sneaky).

Are you waiting on your Criminality?
Yes. Waiting on criminality as I saw in the GCMS on Oct 2020. ha!

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
So disgraceful, like especially with everything passed, I mean you're basically DONE, i think they just need to get someone to click a button and BAM, congrats, you're finished....I don't understand their process....
Hope so!! Will see how it goes. :)

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
So I contacted my MP about 3 times before someone replied and I was assigned a case worker. They requested an update on my behalf, but sent back the usual "COVID delays......processing is affected.....working as best we can...." blah blah blah. But I had heard somewhere that they mark your file when you request updates through your MP. So not sure if that's what gave them the kick up the butt??

But honestly, this whole process is disgraceful, and they are playing "pass the blame" or acting like it's our fault, or telling us to just be patient....? Like our lives are on hold because of them, what do they expect?? And they're not even processing the applications fairly!
[/QUOTE

Im looking to send a request to my local MP as well..if you dont mind can you share if there is any specific format of the email for them to consider its legit or just including our application and applicant details with the request.
I appreciate your help.

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Im looking to send a request to my local MP as well..if you dont mind can you share if there is any specific format of the email for them to consider its legit or just including our application and applicant details with the request.
I appreciate your help.
No worries at all! So I looked up who my MP was and then called the office. Realised afterwards, that with COVID, maybe they weren't checking phone messages? So I emailed them, explained everything, that the delays were unacceptable, sick of waiting, needed their help etc. I also included my name and postal code (I had seen online that they ask for that). A few hours later, I was assigned a case worker, she sent me a form to fill out (the form was an official form from my MP), and I just had to fill in the details (name, UCI#, reason for request etc.). She sent it on directly to IRCC. The difference is, she is emailing the OFFICERS, not the agents we get over the phone or with the web forms. They emailed back the next day, and she forwarded it to me (minus their contact details).

There was no new information in the email, basically everything the agents over the phone were saying, I was getting the actual officers saying as well. But it might have helped, I had heard they mark your file when the request comes from an MP, and about two weeks later I got my first 2 GUs ever! Rang next day and everything had passed, waiting for final decision now. Hope this helps!

Reactions: RAMAAA91

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
No worries at all! So I looked up who my MP was and then called the office. Realised afterwards, that with COVID, maybe they weren't checking phone messages? So I emailed them, explained everything, that the delays were unacceptable, sick of waiting, needed their help etc. I also included my name and postal code (I had seen online that they ask for that). A few hours later, I was assigned a case worker, she sent me a form to fill out (the form was an official form from my MP), and I just had to fill in the details (name, UCI#, reason for request etc.). She sent it on directly to IRCC. The difference is, she is emailing the OFFICERS, not the agents we get over the phone or with the web forms. They emailed back the next day, and she forwarded it to me (minus their contact details).

There was no new information in the email, basically everything the agents over the phone were saying, I was getting the actual officers saying as well. But it might have helped, I had heard they mark your file when the request comes from an MP, and about two weeks later I got my first 2 GUs ever! Rang next day and everything had passed, waiting for final decision now. Hope this helps!
That's cool to hear. In my case, I mailed my MP on March 2nd and got an automated response that it will take time to respond due to COVID. And after that, till now no response. Should I try to contact other MPs maybe? Because it's been 3 weeks, not a single reply though. What do you suggest?

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
That's cool to hear. In my case, I mailed my MP on March 2nd and got an automated response that it will take time to respond due to COVID. And after that, till now no response. Should I try to contact other MPs maybe? Because it's been 3 weeks, not a single reply though. What do you suggest?
So I got an automated reply as well, but in the "automated" reply, the MP mentioned my case had been assigned to someone. And that person reached out to me within a few hours. I had also called their office that morning, so maybe a combination of both?

I also put my name and postal code in the email, so maybe try email them again, and include your postal code, just to show that they are your MP? Might help?