+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

betanorth

Mar 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScubaC said:
I was there today too betanorth! my test was at 0745 this morning :D

That's good news about oath! I was told 3 to 4 weeks but then someone on the bus said 4 to 6 weeks they told her
My test was at 12:45 (started more like 1:15). But yeah I was told 4-6 weeks as well. Lets hope we all get it sooner than that!

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
galmxcan said:
hi
Im sorry, yes I had a very busy weekend and couldn't report back earlier.....well....

I PASSEED the test!!! :D ;D ;D YAY!! 20/20 ;D

I think others have already mentioned how busy Scarborough office is and I agree, very small waiting area and too many Citizens to be
There was also a citizenship ceremony happening at the same time of the test so there was a lot of people there...but everything sort of organized

When you arrive they give you a blue sheet to read and sign declaring that you are still eligible for citizenship
Then they started calling people I think 50 and older (the ones are not required to present the test) and later the rest of the people scheduled for test
We all went in to a room with desks, we were aprox. 30ppl for the test, they gave us the instructions and answer sheet and filled up with our names and code that is on top of yellow sheet

Then we got handed the test, they are all different versions, and gave us 30min to complete, I think it took me 12min
I had 3 questions that I wasn't sure of so I skipped them and went back to them at the end and well I got all 20 right! ;)

After that I went to the next room, were you get interviewed, waiting area and officers interviewing are all in the same room, zero privacy
So I finally got called and the woman asked me for my passports and ID's, she had my application there and she signed some pages and reviewed that it was complete, then she asked me to sign a paper...but up to this point I wasn't sure if this meant I passed or not; She then asked me If I am working and what do I do for work...That was it!
And finally she said, "Im going to give you your test result now"....big pause...(i felt like in a Reality show) and she turned the answer sheet and said "Congratulations you passed!! 20 out of 20 " then everything else was a blur ...hahahaha....I was so excited...almost cried :-[
Then she told me I will get my letter for Citizenship ceremony on the mail in 2 to 4 months...so I guess no voting for me on this elections

And that was it... ;)

thank you all!!
Thank you for your post galmxcan. I am so happy for you. I have my test tomorrow afternoon am sort of nervous now was reading some other post that the questions are re-worded so that it gets harder to figure the answers. Well, I'll see my for myself tomorrow. Fingers crossed

AAA1982

Jul 21, 2014
hello everybody,

Good news finally i got the invitation for the citizenship test: ;D :D ;)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 23, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 13, 2015.
We sent you a notice on September 5, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 29, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Wish me a good luck please ::)

eduvit

Jan 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thuychung111 said:
Good luck my friend.
Your test day is my oath day.
Thank you thuychung111. Congratulation ~~, your immigration journey is officially end. It is intereting to know that your oath happens that soon. You can arrange your vote now :).

eduvit

Jan 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAA1982 said:
hello everybody,

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 23, 2015.
We sent you a notice on September 5, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 29, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Good luck for your test. You still have more than 2 weeks to read a book. Mine is next week and start feeling nervous :)

AAA1982

Jul 21, 2014
eduvit said:
Good luck for your test. You still have more than 2 weeks to read a book. Mine is next week and start feeling nervous :)
i am reading the book but it is boring like a hell practicing the online quiz more

cybervjs

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally good news been invited for the test but didn't mention on ecas at what centre anyways wait for the mail i hope, wish me a luck so can avoid RQ as i been away from town for couple of months now as recently become father was spending time with wife and new born hope they understand .....

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 26, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 6, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 17, 2015.
We sent you a notice on September 16, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 5, 2015 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

cybervjs

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAA1982 said:
hello everybody,

Good Luck....

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Had my test today. Passed 19/20. couldn't be any happier.
Oath way begins!

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
IllaBee said:
hi all. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Had my test today. Passed 19/20. couldn't any happier.
Oath way begins!
Congratulations!

cybervjs

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question to the ppl's who did there citizenship test that i just downloaded Discover Canada from cic website and the edition is 2012 is this the latest edition which cover question on citizenship test or have you seen any more recent version of Discover Canada book, plz let me know if you have...

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cybervjs said:
I have a question to the ppl's who did there citizenship test that i just downloaded Discover Canada from cic website and the edition is 2012 is this the latest edition which cover question on citizenship test or have you seen any more recent version of Discover Canada book, plz let me know if you have...
It's the same. Just study it from front to back and back to front. You'll be fine trust me!

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
cybervjs said:
That is the same version I've used to study with. If you got it directly from CIC, then it's the one you want.

MS_kan

Jul 30, 2015
I got my Pink Letter today for my Oath!!!!

Application Sent: January 15th 2015
Application Received: January 19th 2015
Acknowledgement of Application: March 2nd 2015 (Scarborough)
Notice to write Test: June 29th 2015
Test Date: July 21st 2015 (Passed 20/20)
Decision Made: July 24th 2015
Oath Letter Sent: September 17th 2015
Oath Date: October 8th 2015

:D