+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

AAA1982

Jul 21, 2014
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am really excited i just received the citizenship test invitation from the CIC:

On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 23, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 13, 2015.
We sent you a notice on September 5, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 29, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I am just nerves what's your advice in the test should i just read the book or practice the online quiz too?!! which online quiz site is better to use please.

Thank you,

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
AAA1982 said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am really excited i just received the citizenship test invitation from the CIC:

On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 23, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 13, 2015.
We sent you a notice on September 5, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 29, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I am just nerves what's your advice in the test should i just read the book or practice the online quiz too?!! which online quiz site is better to use please.

Thank you,
I would highly recommend studying the 'Discover Canada' book from front to back, as all of the answers in the test can be found in that book.

You can also practice the test here at: http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm

Just be aware that although the practice tests may help, the actual test questions may differ from the practice test questions, so get to know the 'Discover Canada' book well, and good luck.

jondon

Jun 16, 2015
I have my test/interview on 21 Sep. The instructions say that "You are required to bring all current and expired passports and travel documents with you to your citizenship test/interview". Does this mean that I have take my current and all expired passports or only the passport covering the past 4 year period when I applied? I applied on 20 Jan 2015.

Thank you.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
jondon said:
I have my test/interview on 21 Sep. The instructions say that "You are required to bring all current and expired passports and travel documents with you to your citizenship test/interview". Does this mean that I have take my current and all expired passports or only the passport covering the past 4 year period when I applied? I applied on 20 Jan 2015.

Thank you.
Just all the passports covering the past four years is fine.

WindsorFeb15Aspirant

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jondon said:

Thank you.
It's better to take your expired passports also with you. My previous passport expired in 2008, but still the officer asked for it. Luckily I had it with me for the interview.

jondon

Jun 16, 2015
Did you also take copies of your expired passport and translations of non-English/French stamps and visas?

WindsorFeb15Aspirant

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't take copies of expired passport. I had the color copy of all pages of current passport. But officer didn't ask for it. Also I didn't have any non-English stamps.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
galmxcan said:
Anyone else taking their test at Scarborough tomorrow?? Sept. 11?? Im feeling very nervous and anxious about it :-[ , I've done my part of reading the study guide and sample test...wish me luck!!

and all the best to all
well how did it go...what was your overall experience like?

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IllaBee said:
well how did it go...what was your overall experience like?
People report back here right after their test if everything went well. That's why I didn't bother to ask.

I hope he/she is only busy, and nothing too serious happened.

Omar Mirza

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Dear Members!

I have a question regarding the application form for citizenship.

The new form was updated on June 11th as stated on the cic.gc.ca website.

There is a question 6-J regarding residence outside Canada which i am confused about.

2011 is when i became a PR and have been visiting my home country every year for 1 month. My spouse has also been apart of these trips. Would that be considered as residence outside Canada?

Also they ask for address/work/education details in the past 6 years immediately before the date of your application or since you became resident, whichever is more recent.

Again i became a permanent resident in 2011 so does that mean i should only provide them with my history details since 2011 or since 2009???

Apologize in advance for being ignorant.

vathan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Finally got my fingerprints send to cic from rcmp.
called rcmp they told me the send it on sep 4

fp send to rcmp july 9
rcmp send to cic sep 4

here we go again waiting.... dont know how long for the test..
hope for the best

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Omar Mirza said:
Dear Members!

I have a question regarding the application form for citizenship.

The new form was updated on June 11th as stated on the cic.gc.ca website.

There is a question 6-J regarding residence outside Canada which i am confused about.

2011 is when i became a PR and have been visiting my home country every year for 1 month. My spouse has also been apart of these trips. Would that be considered as residence outside Canada?

Also they ask for address/work/education details in the past 6 years immediately before the date of your application or since you became resident, whichever is more recent.

Again i became a permanent resident in 2011 so does that mean i should only provide them with my history details since 2011 or since 2009???

Apologize in advance for being ignorant.

You have to start from the date of your application in 2009
As : September 24 2009 I was in Italy living in ..... Working as ......
As you will sign the application on 24 September 2015

No need to apologize we all learned from the forum

Cheers

ysangaby

May 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys, Our journey is over. The 6th line is updated and received our pink letter by mail today.

6. We sent you a notice on September 10, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 24, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We are so happy! To everyone here, all the best and hope you get yours soon.