-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
ysangaby said:
Hello Guys, Our journey is over. The 6th line is updated and received our pink letter by mail today.

6. We sent you a notice on September 10, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 24, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We are so happy! To everyone here, all the best and hope you get yours soon.
Congrats

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Congratulations.

ysangaby said:
Hello Guys, Our journey is over. The 6th line is updated and received our pink letter by mail today.

6. We sent you a notice on September 10, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 24, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Omar Mirza said:
Dear Members!

I have a question regarding the application form for citizenship.

The new form was updated on June 11th as stated on the cic.gc.ca website.

There is a question 6-J regarding residence outside Canada which i am confused about.

2011 is when i became a PR and have been visiting my home country every year for 1 month. My spouse has also been apart of these trips. Would that be considered as residence outside Canada? YES

Also they ask for address/work/education details in the past 6 years immediately before the date of your application or since you became resident, whichever is more recent. Before your Application

Again i became a permanent resident in 2011 so does that mean i should only provide them with my history details since 2011 or since 2009??? Since 2009

Apologize in advance for being ignorant.

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
IllaBee said:
well how did it go...what was your overall experience like?
hi
Im sorry, yes I had a very busy weekend and couldn't report back earlier.....well....

I PASSEED the test!!! :D ;D ;D YAY!! 20/20 ;D

I think others have already mentioned how busy Scarborough office is and I agree, very small waiting area and too many Citizens to be
There was also a citizenship ceremony happening at the same time of the test so there was a lot of people there...but everything sort of organized

When you arrive they give you a blue sheet to read and sign declaring that you are still eligible for citizenship
Then they started calling people I think 50 and older (the ones are not required to present the test) and later the rest of the people scheduled for test
We all went in to a room with desks, we were aprox. 30ppl for the test, they gave us the instructions and answer sheet and filled up with our names and code that is on top of yellow sheet

Then we got handed the test, they are all different versions, and gave us 30min to complete, I think it took me 12min
I had 3 questions that I wasn't sure of so I skipped them and went back to them at the end and well I got all 20 right! ;)

After that I went to the next room, were you get interviewed, waiting area and officers interviewing are all in the same room, zero privacy
So I finally got called and the woman asked me for my passports and ID's, she had my application there and she signed some pages and reviewed that it was complete, then she asked me to sign a paper...but up to this point I wasn't sure if this meant I passed or not; She then asked me If I am working and what do I do for work...That was it!
And finally she said, "Im going to give you your test result now"....big pause...(i felt like in a Reality show) and she turned the answer sheet and said "Congratulations you passed!! 20 out of 20 " then everything else was a blur ...hahahaha....I was so excited...almost cried :-[
Then she told me I will get my letter for Citizenship ceremony on the mail in 2 to 4 months...so I guess no voting for me on this elections

And that was it... ;)

thank you all!!

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
2-4 months? I wonder why they told me 4-8 weeks. Now I'm puzzled.

Anyway, congrats on your perfect score. :)

galmxcan said:
hi
Im sorry, yes I had a very busy weekend and couldn't report back earlier.....well....

I think others have already mentioned how busy Scarborough office is and I agree, very small waiting area and too many Citizens to be
There was also a citizenship ceremony happening at the same time of the test so there was a lot of people there...but everything sort of organized

When you arrive they give you a blue sheet to read and sign declaring that you are still eligible for citizenship
Then they started calling people I think 50 and older (the ones are not required to present the test) and later the rest of the people scheduled for test
We all went in to a room with desks, we were aprox. 30ppl for the test, they gave us the instructions and answer sheet and filled up with our names and code that is on top of yellow sheet

Then we got handed the test, they are all different versions, and gave us 30min to complete, I think it took me 12min
I had 3 questions that I wasn't sure of so I skipped them and went back to them at the end and well I got all 20 right! ;)

After that I went to the next room, were you get interviewed, waiting area and officers interviewing are all in the same room, zero privacy
So I finally got called and the woman asked me for my passports and ID's, she had my application there and she signed some pages and reviewed that it was complete, then she asked me to sign a paper...but up to this point I wasn't sure if this meant I passed or not; She then asked me If I am working and what do I do for work...That was it!
And finally she said, "Im going to give you your test result now"....big pause...(i felt like in a Reality show) and she turned the answer sheet and said "Congratulations you passed!! 20 out of 20 " then everything else was a blur ...hahahaha....I was so excited...almost cried :-[
Then she told me I will get my letter for Citizenship ceremony on the mail in 2 to 4 months...so I guess no voting for me on this elections

And that was it... ;)

thank you all!!

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
I had my oath ceremony. To my surprise, I got a bit emotional :eek:. This is my choice to become a citizen, big decision and also it means a good-bye to my citizenship of my birth country :'(. But my whole immigration process is over. ;D

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
AnaMaria said:
I had my oath ceremony. To my surprise, I got a bit emotional :eek:. This is my choice to become a citizen, big decision and also it means a good-bye to my citizenship of my birth country :'(. But my whole immigration process is over. ;D
Congratulations

eduvit

Jan 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ysangaby said:

Congratulation !

eduvit

Jan 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
galmxcan said:
hi

And that was it... ;)

thank you all!!
Thank you for your insight experiences. I will have my test next week, Sept 22. Hope everything is going well.

betanorth

Mar 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did the test today at Mississauga. 20/20! Yay, almost there. ;D

I mentioned that I will travel by mid December, and I was told to expect to have done the oath ceremony by then.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to all of you guys...

Toronto and GTA applicants will be the new backlog that everyone will be talking about in 2019.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betanorth said:
I did the test today at Mississauga. 20/20! Yay, almost there. ;D

I mentioned that I will travel by mid December, and I was told to expect to have done the oath ceremony by then.
I was there today too betanorth! my test was at 0745 this morning :D

That's good news about oath! I was told 3 to 4 weeks but then someone on the bus said 4 to 6 weeks they told her

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Seems that a lot of people here are just waiting for their oath letters now. Feeling excited for everyone here.