+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
IllaBee said:
I believe we'll be Canadians even before 2016. My gut feeling tells me, they will speed up in the next month or two. Yes, some cities and provinces are being processed quickly but in all honesty, no one here really know how they prioritize the applications. I don't feel inclined to call CIC yet...maybe next month if nothing changes in ecas. I am living my life like nothing has changed because nothing has changed yet. I have already planned my summer vacation so yeah, relax friends. At least we know that our application were received and are in the system (whatever that means). Live your lives fully...when your time comes to write the test and oath, you will surely be happier.
Thanks for your positive outlook on this; it's nice to read it especially with all the horror stories posted here as someone else already said. Indeed, we all hope that we successfully get through this process fast... Otherwise, what did we pay 600$ for!

vathan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Where will I get the first update about the application status.
its on e-case,e-mail or mail.

Newmarket ont

Rec jan-23
ARO MAR-3

Waiting :'( :-X :-X :-X

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_1985 said:
Thanks for your positive outlook on this; it's nice to read it especially with all the horror stories posted here as someone else already said. Indeed, we all hope that we successfully get through this process fast... Otherwise, what did we pay 600$ for!
Dear Sam_1985
Process is going to be fast day by day . Mar applicants are getting thier AOR with in 9-15 days .

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problem friends. We (JAN 2015 applicants) are all in this together. It helps to encourage each other during this otherwise stressful time. There's nothing much happening that I can see with my file like most of you, but I'll be checking in every now and then.

I am aware of the horror stories but I feel nothing will beat the horror stories I dealt with during my PR application which took damn near 3 and half years. Now that was a nightmare.
Too much money spent, a lot of time wasted and just stress all the way through. I don't know about you guys but that to me was an absolute horror story. I even vented by emailing the CIC after I got my PR but they never even bothered to apologize or at least offer a reasonable explanation of the lengthy delay.

Anyway, that was 4 years ago thank God am here now and hoping for the best. Smile...the sun is peaking ...we are out of winter now...bloody Ontario winter lol. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
My husband got AOR on Feb 22nd, so far no progress on the application status...it is still at received.

I wonder what is happening with Jan applications.

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
I received mail today and I'm invited to a test in Vancouver on April 30!

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnaMaria said:
Congratulations AnaMaria!!! :D :D ... You are officially the first January applicant to receive an invitation to sit for the citizenship test...I wish you all the best on your test and an even speedier processing of your citizenship.

For everyone else, let's move to Vancouver.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnaMaria said:
Wow.congrats to you. This is great news for all of us. There's hope after all. Good luck on your test AnaMarie. Keep us posted.

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, I called the immigration today.
Apparently, if you received an e-mail with AOR, you won't receive a letter. And she said that they haven't started proceeding my app yet, it says Received on the Website and it's the last info available. So, they just received it and that's it.
Also she said that it will take 2 years to get the Citizenship... ???? I thought it was 1 year, not 2...
Oh well...nothing left but to wait... :(

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Congratulations to AnaMaria on getting a test invite first of 2015 I believe for this forum at least.

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
mila_mac said:
So, I called the immigration today.
Apparently, if you received an e-mail with AOR, you won't receive a letter. And she said that they haven't started proceeding my app yet, it says Received on the Website and it's the last info available. So, they just received it and that's it.
Also she said that it will take 2 years to get the Citizenship... ???? I thought it was 1 year, not 2...
Oh well...nothing left but to wait... :(
But they still send your test invitation letter?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
AnaMaria said:

This kind of confirms that applications are getting and going to get processed faster !