+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

vathan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
What is going on with jan application members. No updated from anyone.
is mean everyone's application still has no update. What is going on since april 8

are we doom for now :-X :-[ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

eduvit

Jan 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine stop at AOR for more than a month now. Things are getting slowly. I don't know what is going on, I may call CIC tomorrow to see what happended.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People are frantically applying to avoid the 4/6 rule. (Some didn't even accumulate 1095 days exactly but still thought they would start the process anyways lol)

I think we should see much more progress after the 4/6 rule comes into effect. Applications will drop greatly by then, and they'll have more time to look at our applications.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tds69us said:
People are frantically applying to avoid the 4/6 rule. (Some didn't even accumulate 1095 days exactly but still thought they would start the process anyways lol)

I think we should see much more progress after the 4/6 rule comes into effect. Applications will drop greatly by then, and they'll have more time to look at our applications.
If there's any truth in your statement, I pity people who would apply before accumulating 1095 days :'( :'(. Those applicants are surely doomed lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IllaBee said:
If there's any truth in your statement, I pity people who would apply before accumulating 1095 days :'( :'(. Those applicants are surely doomed lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Problem is they don't know that!! I guess what they were thinking is that applying with whatever time they've accumulated, getting RQ'd, and seeing a judge are better than waiting for another year. Weird thinking but whatever....to each their own

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Nothing good comes from decisions based on fear and panic, so I don't see the point of why anyone would want to do that.

tds69us said:
Problem is they don't know that!! I guess what they were thinking is that applying with whatever time they've accumulated, getting RQ'd, and seeing a judge are better than waiting for another year. Weird thinking but whatever....to each their own

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:
Nothing good comes from decisions based on fear and panic, so I don't see the point of why anyone would want to do that.
with all the requirements clearly spelled out for any applicant, there's no reasonable explanation or rationale to applying before one qualifies for 1095 days. That's why I said those guys are definitely doomed.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IllaBee said:
with all the requirements clearly spelled out for any applicant, there's no reasonable explanation or rationale to applying before one qualifies for 1095 days. That's why I said those guys are definitely doomed.
True, but you know how humans are. There are a couple of threads in this forum about people asking if they can do it and were advised not to, but I think they still went ahead and did it from the way their replies sounded.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's because they think it's about taking chances. They don't understand there is no chances here, you are simply asking them to send you RQ. Not one case applied with less than 1095 and didn't receive RQ.

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My app status still syas- Received. :( :( :(
I still haven't gotten a letter from them and it's been more than a month since my e-mail. WTF?!
I may call them tomorrow to see if there is any updates.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mila_mac said:
My app status still syas- Received. :( :( :(
I still haven't gotten a letter from them and it's been more than a month since my e-mail. WTF?!
I may call them tomorrow to see if there is any updates.
Same here mila_mac, received AOR on 1st of March and the status has been "Received" ever since on E-cas.

I am disappointed that there is very little movement on Toronto applications, despite being the location with the highest number of applicants in January.

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tds69us said:
Same here mila_mac, received AOR on 1st of March and the status has been "Received" ever since on E-cas.

I am disappointed that there is very little movement on Toronto applications, despite being the location with the highest number of applicants in January.
Does it matter where the application came from? I thought there was one place where all the applications went to, no matter which province or city.
Well, if that's the case then it sucks. I still hope that we'll get out citizenships by January of 2016... hopefully even earlier ;)

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mila_mac said:
Does it matter where the application came from? I thought there was one place where all the applications went to, no matter which province or city.
Well, if that's the case then it sucks. I still hope that we'll get out citizenships by January of 2016... hopefully even earlier ;)
It doesn't matter of course, but I would assume they would be processing more Toronto applications given the majority of applications are from there. However, they are doing the exact opposite, they're processing more applicants from any other city.

I really don't understand how they prioritize....

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tds69us said:
It doesn't matter of course, but I would assume they would be processing more Toronto applications given the majority of applications are from there. However, they are doing the exact opposite, they're processing more applicants from any other city.

I really don't understand how they prioritize....
I believe we'll be Canadians even before 2016. My gut feeling tells me, they will speed up in the next month or two. Yes, some cities and provinces are being processed quickly but in all honesty, no one here really know how they prioritize the applications. I don't feel inclined to call CIC yet...maybe next month if nothing changes in ecas. I am living my life like nothing has changed because nothing has changed yet. I have already planned my summer vacation so yeah, relax friends. At least we know that our application were received and are in the system (whatever that means). Live your lives fully...when your time comes to write the test and oath, you will surely be happier.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IllaBee said:
I believe we'll be Canadians even before 2016. My gut feeling tells me, they will speed up in the next month or two. Yes, some cities and provinces are being processed quickly but in all honesty, no one here really know how they prioritize the applications. I don't feel inclined to call CIC yet...maybe next month if nothing changes in ecas. I am living my life like nothing has changed because nothing has changed yet. I have already planned my summer vacation so yeah, relax friends. At least we know that our application were received and are in the system (whatever that means). Live your lives fully...when your time comes to write the test and oath, you will surely be happier.
Well said IllaBee, its just the horror stories we read here every now and then make it harder to just sit back and relax.