+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tds69us said:
We payed 630 so cic would be so kind and generous to go out of its way and tell us they've received our applications...u have to give them credit for speeding up such a lengthy and complex process of picking up the mail and mailing applicants back to tell them they've received their applications....good job CIC

I'm getting myself a government job too...
If you haven't yet paced yourself with the slow, laid-back, and inefficient way things are being done in Canada, it means that you haven't lived here long enough to earn the citizenship. The lengthy citizenship process itself is the ultimate test for immigrants to make sure they can survive the relaxed Canadian lifestyle.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if it was $10,000 and the processing time was 5 years, would you still go through it? Yes you would.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asaif said:
If you haven't yet paced yourself with the slow, laid-back, and inefficient way things are being done in Canada, it means that you haven't lived here long enough to earn the citizenship. The lengthy citizenship process itself is the ultimate test for immigrants to make sure they can survive the relaxed Canadian lifestyle.
You're right. I do believe that there's really no sense of urgency in Canada...say, compared to the U.S. Having spent a good number of years in both countries, I can attest to what am saying. People tend to be too casual about everything and this includes government employees. So, it doesn't surprise me at all that some CIC agent can be sitting on your file for weeks and months without making significant progress. But the frustrations of waiting are outweighed by the true value of attaining citizenship. So, we wait. That's just my opinion!

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
What if it was $10,000 and the processing time was 5 years, would you still go through it? Yes you would.
I'd have to disagree with you. paying 10,000 dollars to wait for 5 years would be ridiculous. You'd have to ask yourself...how f*cked up is your life in your native country that you're willing to part with that huge amount of money and wait that long? Not worth it if you ask me...just not worth it! You might as well take that 10 grand and invest it somewhere else.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asaif said:
What a conspiracy!!!! The CIC is ultimately testing the patience of applicants!! On behalf of everyone on this forum, I thank you for answering the million dollar question that everyone has been trying to find an answer for (especially the 2010 and 2011 applicants). Don't know what we could've done without your brilliant insight.

CanV said:
First off, you don't know me to say what i'll do. Second of all, if you think Canadian citizenship is worth $10000 after 5 years, you leave me with no choice but to extend a round of applause to you. You sir are a true Canadian patriot.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tds69us said:
What a conspiracy!!!! The CIC is ultimately testing the patience of applicants!! On behalf of everyone on this forum, I thank you for answering the million dollar question that everyone has been trying to find an answer for (especially the 2010 and 2011 applicants). Don't know what we could've done without your brilliant insight.
looooooooooooooooooooooooool ... really impressed that you couldn't recognize it was a joke. Take it easy my friend. You seem so nervous to the point you make a fool of yourself.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asaif said:
looooooooooooooooooooooooool ... really impressed that you couldn't recognize it was a joke. Take it easy my friend. You seem so nervous to the point you make a fool of yourself.
Nice try chickening out. I bet it felt good while someone was still supporting you.

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Sure... Sit patiently... Easier said than done; I have lived in this country for 13 years... Came as a student, graduated, paid the foreign student fees, got a work permit, applied for PR, have been working for 4 years and paying a lot of taxes... Worked in very remote locations of Canada; don't u think I am entitled that the government has some consideration for my contribution like thousands and thousands of deserving applicants like me! We r not inferior in any way to anyone so why be treated like that? Just ranting :) otherwise, we all know that we have to keep up with CiC's incompetence!

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tds69us said:

First off, you don't know me to say what i'll do. Second of all, if you think Canadian citizenship is worth $10000 after 5 years, you leave me with no choice but to extend a round of applause to you. You sir are a true Canadian patriot.
I know for sure you specifically would wait 5 years and pay 10k.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
Oh!! come on CanV...Don't humble yourself into making space for others to enjoy citizenship. No one deserves to be a Canadian citizen more than you do.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D you guys are too funny. At least I can laugh and take my mind off speculating when my file status will change to "in process". Lighten up folks...our time will come...someday!

triplesss

Apr 1, 2015
Hi Guys
I have just created an account to share what's going on during my application process.
I have sent my application on December 28 with the application fees for 2014 (as there was no new fees or even notice that the fees will change in 2015!) , they received the application on Jan 5th and they returned my whole application :eek: on Jan 22nd instead of just asking me to pay the difference. I paid the difference fees and sent my application on Jan 22nd but I had not received the AOR. I called CIC yesterday and they said they sent it to the wrong email address (my email address in my application was correct and they missed one letter when they were transferring my email address to their mailing list :-\). So I found that they have sent the AOR on Feb 24th. The CIC guy also said that they can not sent another AOR to the correct email address! To me this is really an awkward processing. They asked us to pay more fees so they process the applications "faster" and "more efficient" but that's not true.
Keeping my finger crossed for the best outcome for all Jan citizenship applications :)
-----------------------------------------------------
Date sent: 28-Dec-2014
Date Received: 05-Jan-2015
Date returned because of different fees: 22-Jan-2015
Date sent again: 22-Jan-2015
AOR in Email:26-02-2015
eCAS updated:
Processing Started:
Rcvd Line disappeared:

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
I am sorry to hear about this ! This is something CIC should not let happen.

I would suggest you to call CIC again to make sure that they have your right email ! ! I think it will be a good idea to double check.

I would also recommend you to fire a Case Specific Inquiry to CIC so that if they reply, you have something in Written with you. Use the below link to initiate a case specific inquiry:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

triplesss said:
Hi Guys
I have just created an account to share what's going on during my application process.
I have sent my application on December 28 with the application fees for 2014 (as there was no new fees or even notice that the fees will change in 2015!) , they received the application on Jan 5th and they returned my whole application :eek: on Jan 22nd instead of just asking me to pay the difference. I paid the difference fees and sent my application on Jan 22nd but I had not received the AOR. I called CIC yesterday and they said they sent it to the wrong email address (my email address in my application was correct and they missed one letter when they were transferring my email address to their mailing list :-\). So I found that they have sent the AOR on Feb 24th. The CIC guy also said that they can not sent another AOR to the correct email address! To me this is really an awkward processing. They asked us to pay more fees so they process the applications "faster" and "more efficient" but that's not true.
Keeping my finger crossed for the best outcome for all Jan citizenship applications :)
-----------------------------------------------------
Date sent: 28-Dec-2014
Date Received: 05-Jan-2015
Date returned because of different fees: 22-Jan-2015
Date sent again: 22-Jan-2015
AOR in Email:26-02-2015
eCAS updated:
Processing Started:
Rcvd Line disappeared:

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@triplesss

I was in a similar situation - CIC sent the AOR email to a wrong email address. I only learned about when I logged into eCAS using my PR card number and saw the AOR had been sent out. I submitted a case specific enquiry so as to keep a written record. It took them 2 weeks to reply, but they forwarded my request for AOR re-submission to their mailing room, upon which they sent off a copy of the AOR letter to me two days later.

As gst8486 suggested, use the case specific enquiry form. It's in writing so they take good care not to answer with any bullocks such as that they cannot re-send AOR.

gst8486 said:
I am sorry to hear about this ! This is something CIC should not let happen.

I would suggest you to call CIC again to make sure that they have your right email ! ! I think it will be a good idea to double check.

I would also recommend you to fire a Case Specific Inquiry to CIC so that if they reply, you have something in Written with you. Use the below link to initiate a case specific inquiry:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx