+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ns87 said:
Just got my oath date!! Will become a proud Canadian on Jan 20th. A full year to complete my application journey. Could not be happier =)
Congrats NS87!

I see your schedule also not listed on the online ceremony.

The schedule may differ as mentioned on line 3.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

Find a citizenship ceremony
1.This list is updated weekly.
2.If you don’t see a ceremony listed for a province, territory, or city, check the Regional itinerant services page. There, you will find a list of additional ceremonies being considered in other areas.
3.The times shown are the start times of the ceremonies. If you are going to the ceremony as a candidate to take the Oath of Citizenship, check your official invitation letter (Notice to Appear) for the location and the specific time you should arrive which could differ from the time listed on this page.
4.Ceremonies are not all the same. Ceremonies that are "Open to the public" are subject to facility restrictions. In some locations/venues, the number of guests could be limited.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3hm said:
I don't see January 18, 2016 oath ceremony on the CIC website.
I'm guessing it's not updated but has anyone experienced similar situation?
3hm

No worries, sometimes they do not post all the Oath Ceremony dates.

I am having my Oath on the 18th as well.

SFD

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SFD said:
3hm

No worries, sometimes they do not post all the Oath Ceremony dates.

I am having my Oath on the 18th as well.

SFD
Thanks SFD

Good to know your close to finish line too.

Violet2014

Dec 6, 2015
Hi, my husband and I applied as a family file in Jan 2015. He was asked for finger print in June. I got my test invitation today for end of Jan and ecas is updated accordingly but no news for my husband. Is it possible that they process our file separately without any notice? Or it is just a kind of delay for any reason! Any similar case?

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Violet2014 said:
Hi, my husband and I applied as a family file in Jan 2015. He was asked for finger print in June. I got my test invitation today for end of Jan and ecas is updated accordingly but no news for my husband. Is it possible that they process our file separately without any notice? Or it is just a kind of delay for any reason! Any similar case?
Hey Violet,

If you submitted your file as family you will get your oath at the same time.
You may end up ahead but they will wait for everyone in the family to complete processing before handing the oath altogether.

Violet2014

Dec 6, 2015
3hm said:
Hey Violet,

If you submitted your file as family you will get your oath at the same time.
You may end up ahead but they will wait for everyone in the family to complete processing before handing the oath altogether.
Thanks for your reply. So you think it is possible we have different test date!?

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone fix our January 2015 spreadsheets?

it has been renamed as "May 2015"
the inputs looks good, but the title should not be May 2015

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got letter of oath dated 16 Jan to appear on 1 feb 2016 oath ceremony , thank you so much for all & all the best who are still waiting for oath

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
June 12, 2010 follow up sent Aug. 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
Received our Oath letter today for Feb 12 at 1pm. 4days after getting Decision Made status. No changes for the Oath taking date on our ECas. Goodluck everyone! ;D

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I finally got my oath ceremony date, it's February 4!!!! Can somebody update the excel sheet for me? PLZ
It's been 7 years exactly since I arrived to this beautiful country!
I'm so happy to call myself a canadian now :)
Thank you guys here for all your support!
:D

samiraa

Sep 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Me and my husband did our oath ceremony last Friday and we are proud Canadians. The whole process took almost exactly a year.
We live in downtown Toronto and our office was scarborough.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 26, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 7, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on May 29, 2015.
4. Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 8, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
5. We sent you a notice on October 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 16, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
6. We sent you a notice on January 11, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 29, 2016 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Wish everyone best of luck.

ali1254

Feb 28, 2015
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 20, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 28, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on March 23, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on October 1, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 21, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Did the test on Oct 21. 1 Applicant passed, 1 failed

Retest on Feb 11, 2016. Failed applicant passed

Same interviewer did not need to interview just told us wait for Oath ceremony will take about 4 ~ 8 Months to get it.

City applied from Mississauga, Ontario - Test Location (possible same oath location) Scarborough, Ontario

ali1254

Feb 28, 2015
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 20, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 28, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on October 1, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 21, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a notice on February 19, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 7, 2016 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment,

However my status was changed from IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE after she passed the test, and got this status changed but did not get the mail yet. I am wondering if her status should be changed as well. How many family files have been there in the past where two adult applicants could have possible different oath date?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ UPDATED ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4. We sent you a notice on October 1, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 21, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Did the test on Oct 21. 1 Applicant passed, 1 failed

Retest on Feb 11, 2016. Failed applicant passed

Same interviewer did not need to interview just told us wait for Oath ceremony will take about 4 ~ 8 Months to get it.