+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan 11 ITA Recipients >>>>CONVERGE Here for next STEPS

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am sorry!!! I just went back and read your initial post again. My bad. It is your mother's brother (not her uncle) so we can work with that!! Your mother's birth certificate and your uncle's will give the same parents names. Your parents' marriage certificate will give the link to your name. Hope this helps.

Ram2017

Jan 23, 2017
Hello everyone,

First post here. I received ITA on January 11th. I have few questions if anyone can answer.

1. Birth Certificate issue
I would like to know If it will be an issue if my given name is different in my birth certificate vs passport. In both the cases my first name is accurate but my father's name is different (Suffix ending in Bhai vs Kumar). I am living in United States for past 10 years and I haven't faced any issues about it.

2. Travel History
I am confused about the dates to enter regarding my travel. In 2007 I came to USA for studies and then traveled to India only twice. Should I list myself coming to United States in the travel. Or just include all my visits to India during my stay in the United States.

3. Residential address
What form of documentation is required for your stay in past 10 years. I have changed many apartments here in last 10 years and I don't know all the dates exact nor do I have lease proofs. I have very close approximate dates for all my stays. Please advise.

4. Kid born after e-APR submitted.
We are expecting our first baby to be born in March. I want to submit application as soon as possible. How should I go about it? I am also concerned about my wife's medical as she cannot get x-ray done during pregnancy. Should I wait for medical until baby is born?

5. Police certificate date issue
I have police certificates from last year June (USA) and from last year March (India) I would like to know if I could use those same. In the past one year I haven't traveled outside USA.

Thanks,

aunty acid

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Ram2017 said:
Hello everyone,

First post here. I received ITA on January 11th. I have few questions if anyone can answer.

1. Birth Certificate issue
I would like to know If it will be an issue if my given name is different in my birth certificate vs passport. In both the cases my first name is accurate but my father's name is different (Suffix ending in Bhai vs Kumar). I am living in United States for past 10 years and I haven't faced any issues about it.

2. Travel History
I am confused about the dates to enter regarding my travel. In 2007 I came to USA for studies and then traveled to India only twice. Should I list myself coming to United States in the travel. Or just include all my visits to India during my stay in the United States.

3. Residential address
What form of documentation is required for your stay in past 10 years. I have changed many apartments here in last 10 years and I don't know all the dates exact nor do I have lease proofs. I have very close approximate dates for all my stays. Please advise.

4. Kid born after e-APR submitted.
We are expecting our first baby to be born in March. I want to submit application as soon as possible. How should I go about it? I am also concerned about my wife's medical as she cannot get x-ray done during pregnancy. Should I wait for medical until baby is born?

5. Police certificate date issue
I have police certificates from last year June (USA) and from last year March (India) I would like to know if I could use those same. In the past one year I haven't traveled outside USA.

Thanks,

I too am expecting the baby in march and we went ahead with medicals i placed a double shield to take x-ray... My gynec said it is fine..so did the doc who did my medicals...moreover planning to apply now only and add baby details later on as don't want to risk the deadline of April 11 ....need baby's passport and medicals to add the baby...

Avro

Jan 12, 2017
Stanlee said:
No, the above approach will not work, intent to give the money to you will not serve as sufficient proof of funds. The funds will have to be in your name for CIC to accept it as proof of funds.
For POF, will money in the name of my wife work ? with me being the principal applicant, if she gives a self declaration ?

Avro

Jan 12, 2017
Thanks for the reply.. I am not sure who is the admin ,but can someone add me to the whatssapp grp- (+1)5875940266 ? I received ITA on 11th Jan, CRS 497

solanki123

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 jan
AOR Received.
28 jan
IELTS Request
22 feb
Please help some one,,

I am about to submit my profile. But i have doubts, in personal history do i have to mention trips to back home?
Because i went twice back home for two months in 2 years but i was employed, So what should i mention?

2) Do i need PCC from back home if i got in OCt 2016 and went back home NOV 2016 and return in Dec 2016

PLease please reply

Nil787

Mar 23, 2015
Hi

I have a quick question. I have landed in canada with closed work permit on January 14, 2017 with my spouse.While processing our Visa, we had our medicals done in July 2016 back in India. My question is are those medicals are valid to be used in PR application?? I got ITA today ie January 25, 2016. Please help..

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
solanki123 said:
Please help some one,,

I am about to submit my profile. But i have doubts, in personal history do i have to mention trips to back home?
Because i went twice back home for two months in 2 years but i was employed, So what should i mention?
If you have stepped out of country your passport will have stamps of entry and exit...So better you say you went home
2) Do i need PCC from back home if i got in OCt 2016 and went back home NOV 2016 and return in Dec 2016
I guess you won't need it since it is less than 6 months old. Experts can confirm

PLease please reply

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Nil787 said:
Hi

I have a quick question. I have landed in canada with closed work permit on January 14, 2017 with my spouse.While processing our Visa, we had our medicals done in July 2016 back in India. My question is are those medicals are valid to be used in PR application?? I got ITA today ie January 25, 2016. Please help..
Guess they are valid for an year. You may use them. But advisable you get new ones since they are 6 months old

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
solanki123 said:
Please help some one,,

I have not mentioned my vacations (between country of origin and country of residence) in my personal history. Did you go home (to an address you've already mentioned), and then come back to your home abroad? If yes, then you can skip it. Caveat: if you were gone for a long time (I'd say more than a month) at a stretch, consider mentioning it. Your reason can be as simple as "Visiting family".

Yes. You have to get a PCC from your home country after your most recent trip. Anything you got before that will not count.
PLease please reply

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just want to ask how old can the IELTS test result be. Mine will expire in 20/07/2017.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
vj3171 said:
Just want to ask how old can the IELTS test result be. Mine will expire in 20/07/2017.
Your test results must be valid when you submit your AoR. As long as you submit before 20/07/2017, you'll be fine.

vj3171

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your test results must be valid when you submit your AoR. As long as you submit before 20/07/2017, you'll be fine.
Thanks a ton... :) :) :) :) :)

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
vj3171 said:
Thanks a ton... :) :) :) :) :)
You're welcome - and I forgot to post a link to the source -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp