+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan 11 ITA Recipients >>>>CONVERGE Here for next STEPS

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
cherrys said:
One more query btw Stanlee, as said earlier, your opinion on the below pointers would help me better -
1. It's a gift from mother having the suffecient balance in her PF account
2. She wants to gift the entire PF balance on my POF.
3. For this, have planned to get the official letter from PF department that my mother would like to entirely sponsor my canadian immigration.
4. Does this plan works out to satisfy IRCC?
5. If yes, anything else that i need to do beyond point 3, i.e., official letterhead.
6. If this letter is ok to suffice IRCC, anything else would you recommend in this case please.

Thanks and appreciate in anticipation.
No, the above approach will not work, intent to give the money to you will not serve as sufficient proof of funds. The funds will have to be in your name for CIC to accept it as proof of funds.

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
Even if you submit the translation, you need to submit a certified photocopy of the original document.
So I get a certified copy of the original document which is not in English or French, scan that and submit it together with the translation. Correct?

AKKI15

Jan 16, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
30-03-2017
GhanaianIndian said:
Hi All

I live in Accra and have received my ITA on 11th. Should finish PCC by end of next week. My main problem would now by the medical test. I contacted the panel doctors and they say they need instructions from IRCC. IRCC website says you need medical to complete the form. IRCC also says that we would get instructions on the medical test after form submission.

Completely confused.

Any guidance on this?

Thanks
GA
Hi GA
Regarding medical examination for candidates under express entry, it is "Upfront medical", no need for IRCC's instructions for that as they have already clarified the same... Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

One needs to mention about selection under Express entry.

I hope this helps...

Catie1989

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
HELP! We are uploading documents but the list won't load properly. It's asking for multiple PCC's when we have only lived in Canada and native UK for more than 6 months thus only needing a uk PCC, or does this mean that we need Canadian police checks as well? It also isn't indicating which employment history documentation is required in each field.

Is it just us that finds their application system kinda janky?! I mean often it takes us like 6 attempts to even log into our profile?!

Also do we have to include old passports if some of our travel history stamps are on the old passports?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Catie1989 said:
HELP! We are uploading documents but the list won't load properly. It's asking for multiple PCC's when we have only lived in Canada and native UK for more than 6 months thus only needing a uk PCC, or does this mean that we need Canadian police checks as well? It also isn't indicating which employment history documentation is required in each field.

Is it just us that finds their application system kinda janky?! I mean often it takes us like 6 attempts to even log into our profile?!

Also do we have to include old passports if some of our travel history stamps are on the old passports?
Multiple PCC is a standard term that shows on everyone's checklist. In your case, you only need to submit UK PCC. For your stay in Canada, you need not submit PCC as part of eAPR submission. While your application is being processed, in case CIC needs RCMP Clearance they will ask for it then

The instructions for passport upload does not say anything about old passport(s). It only asks for personal details pages, pages with visas, stamps, entries, work permit, etc to be submitted. So logically, this would be for the valid passport, the details of which you entered under Passport Section. However, it is a personal choice whether you want to submit pages of your old passport. For some people, if they include old passport pages (2-3 passports), it will exceed the file size limit of 4MB. So would leave it to you to decide.

Note: I have never come across a single case where application was rejected due to non-submssion of old passport pages.

Catie1989

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Stanlee said:
Multiple PCC is a standard term that shows on everyone's checklist. In your case, you only need to submit UK PCC. For your stay in Canada, you need not submit PCC as part of eAPR submission. While your application is being processed, in case CIC needs RCMP Clearance they will ask for it then

The instructions for passport upload does not say anything about old passport(s). It only asks for personal details pages, pages with visas, stamps, entries, work permit, etc to be submitted. So logically, this would be for the valid passport, the details of which you entered under Passport Section. However, it is a personal choice whether you want to submit pages of your old passport. For some people, if they include old passport pages (2-3 passports), it will exceed the file size limit of 4MB. So would leave it to you to decide.

Note: I have never come across a single case where application was rejected due to non-submssion of old passport pages.
Thank you Stanlee, confirming what I thought but it's always nice to cross check :)

Jan 23, 2017
Hi Guys,

Regarding the e-APR, I had disclosed my maternal uncle as the family member who is currently citizen in canada. I am the primary applicant with my wife.

On my upload document list there is a space for "family member proof of status" for which i have provided his Canadian passport and citizen ship certificate copy. but there is another heading "Proof of relationship". My question is for the 2nd heading , is this where i have to provide proof of our relationship to him, or is it another space for me to put my marriage certificate as a proof of relationship with my wife. ( although there is a separate space/heading for marriage certificate)

I am a bit confused. And if i have to prove my relationship with my maternal uncle , what would be the type or examples of valid documents to be submitted ? Please learnt guys of the group ,your urgent help in this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Deep

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Curious onlooker said:
Hi Guys,

Regarding the e-APR, I had disclosed my maternal uncle as the family member who is currently citizen in canada. I am the primary applicant with my wife.

On my upload document list there is a space for "family member proof of status" for which i have provided his Canadian passport and citizen ship certificate copy. but there is another heading "Proof of relationship". My question is for the 2nd heading , is this where i have to provide proof of our relationship to him, or is it another space for me to put my marriage certificate as a proof of relationship with my wife. ( although there is a separate space/heading for marriage certificate)

I am a bit confused. And if i have to prove my relationship with my maternal uncle , what would be the type or examples of valid documents to be submitted ? Please learnt guys of the group ,your urgent help in this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Deep
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Go to "proof of relationship of a relative in Canada"

Jan 23, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Go to "proof of relationship of a relative in Canada"
Thanks mate,

I have read that before too. But proving relation with a maternal uncle is not straightforward. Can you suggest any documents people have used before to prove that. Even in my moms passport my mothers maiden surname is not mentioned.

And if i can explain inability to find a relevant document in the LOE, What affect this may have on my application ?

thanks

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Curious onlooker said:
Thanks mate,

I have read that before too. But proving relation with a maternal uncle is not straightforward. Can you suggest any documents people have used before to prove that. Even in my moms passport my mothers maiden surname is not mentioned.

And if i can explain inability to find a relevant document in the LOE, What affect this may have on my application ?

thanks
Do you have official documentation that your mother's uncle is an acceptable relative for immigration purposes? I thought only the following were allowed: Mother or Father
Son or daughter
Niece or Nephew
Grandmother or Grandfather
Aunt or Uncle
Grandchild
Brother or Sister

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Curious onlooker said:
Thanks mate,

thanks
If you're applying via CEC program then remove him and explain in a LOE the difficulty of obtaining such documents and that it does not affect your eligibility.

If you're applying via FSW then you can remove him as long as it doesn't affect your eligibility (67 out of 100) points, if such is the case then write a LOE just like above.

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
Where do we submit LOE? I have multiple LOE, but I'm confused whether I should combine them all LOE together and submit or combine with the individual document and then submit. Someone in this forum suggested me to combine them all and submit which doesn't feel right to me.
Please help

Jan 23, 2017
Pippin said:
Do you have official documentation that your mother's uncle is an acceptable relative for immigration purposes? I thought only the following were allowed: Mother or Father
Son or daughter
Niece or Nephew
Grandmother or Grandfather
Aunt or Uncle
Grandchild
Brother or Sister
Does Aunt and uncle mean just paternal and not maternal ( is there a discrimination in this too!!). Sorry but i thought Aunt or uncle means the same whether maternal or paternal. Correct me if i am wrong guys !

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Curious onlooker said:
Does Aunt and uncle mean just paternal and not maternal ( is there a discrimination in this too!!). Sorry but i thought Aunt or uncle means the same whether maternal or paternal. Correct me if i am wrong guys !
YOUR Aunt or Uncle on either your paternal or maternal side counts. Your MOTHER's uncle would be the brother or brother-in-law of any of your grandparents and that would be your Great Uncle. Nowhere have I seen a Great Aunt or Uncle mentioned as a recognized relation for immigration points.
The question is...did you count on having the points for a Canadian relative in order to reach 67/100 to qualify for FSW? If not you can remove the reference to your Great Uncle. If you DID need those points, I suspect they will not be given as this is not considered to be a close enough relationship (also the reason you cannot find documentary evidence of the relationship). Again, I am not an expert. This is just my understanding. I hope you can still qualify without the relationship. All the best.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
g_singh76 said:
Where do we submit LOE? I have multiple LOE, but I'm confused whether I should combine them all LOE together and submit or combine with the individual document and then submit. Someone in this forum suggested me to combine them all and submit which doesn't feel right to me.
Please help
Either way is fine.