+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ive been here for 2.5 years, I really don't want to go back to my country. Help


Full Member
Jul 5, 2013

I am a 20 years old brazilian guy, at first I went to toronto to study english for 8 months in 2010, went back to brazil after that but then I enrolled Vancouver film school to study game design for one year, after studying ... i got a post-graduate work permit, I've been working in my company for almost 11 months now, my work permit is going to expire before i complete 12 months but I REALLY want to continue working for my company, they can't get an LMO because the LMO requirements apparently are higher now, my job falls under a graphic designer position (But really i am a game designer) and I don't get paid the median wage described in the website for this position, so probably my LMO will get refused?

I am just searching for options, can anybody give me any good advice? I really need it ... I've been here for so long and I really love canada and my job.



VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
If you want to stay, you need an LMO and a work permit, with this company or some other company.

Have you looked into if you qualify to apply through PNP? http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/immigrate-BC/Provincial-Nominee-Program-Home/Strategic-Occupations-Home/International-Graduates-Home.aspx

You could contact them and ask about your options but if your work permit is about to expire, I am not sure if you have enough time.

If you go home, it is possible that your employer can call you back under the BC PNP skilled worker program, see http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/immigrate-BC/Provincial-Nominee-Program-Home/Strategic-Occupations-Home/Skilled-Workers-Who-Can-Apply.aspx#demand

In order to stay longer short term, your employer must apply for an LMO before your work permit expires and you must apply to extend your work permit in the last 2 weeks before it expires, no sooner and no later. This is called concurrent processing, you can read about it here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob152A.asp said:
For inland processing, the concurrent processing option will only be allowed for foreign nationals whose work permits will be expiring within two weeks at the time of application. They must provide proof of a valid job offer, as well as proof that the employer has submitted a request to Service Canada for a new LMO.
Having applied will give you implied status and you can continue working until you hear back from them. If they refuse the LMO, you would have to go home. However, with your full year of work on a post-grad permit plus later under implied status so legal, you might be able to apply for your PR under CEC.