+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It's been 9 moths and I still haven't got my new pr!

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Hi everyone. I mailed my application of pr renewal in Feb 2015, and I still haven't received anything. I checked my status online, it says that they started to process my case on the 29th of March, and that they mailed me two letters in April, nothing more. It's been almost 9 months now, the status is still in process. I'm getting worried.

I'm thinking that maybe the delay is because of the change of my civil status (I got married), but even so, I'm afraid that the delay is way longer than it supposed to be. I really don't know what to do next, is there anyone with similar problems? Please advise and help, Thank you!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Call CIC to find the status. How many years did you stay in Canada?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
nicklove128 said:
Hi everyone. I mailed my application of pr renewal in Feb 2015, and I still haven't received anything. I checked my status online, it says that they started to process my case on the 29th of March, and that they mailed me two letters in April, nothing more. It's been almost 9 months now, the status is still in process. I'm getting worried.

I'm thinking that maybe the delay is because of the change of my civil status (I got married), but even so, I'm afraid that the delay is way longer than it supposed to be. I really don't know what to do next, is there anyone with similar problems? Please advise and help, Thank you!
Clarification: Probably understood, but to make sure, there is no renewal of PR, just a PR card renewal or, more accurately, an application for a new PR card to replace a lost, damaged, or expiring PR card.

Marital status should have minimal if any impact on processing an application for a PR card to replace an expiring or expired card.

Did the letters in April require a response? And if so, did you appropriately respond? Did the letters otherwise indicate a referral for secondary review? Request proof of compliance with the PR Residency Obligation?

Make sure you actually receive mail at the address IRCC (formerly CIC) has for you.

Call the call centre and attempt to get information about your specific application.

Generally the PR card application process does not affect your PR status, so there should be nothing to worry about other than a delay in obtaining another PR card. Exception is if IRCC initiates a full blown Residency Determination; if this happens you would be sent a request for additional information and documentation, and if there is a problem you would more than likely scheduled for an interview.

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Thank u so much for ur answers.

I have already called them and asked for the content of the two mails since I've never received them. They told me one is for letting me know that they've got my application and the other one is for informing me that there will be a delay in my case.

Seems like that there's nothing I can do but wait. It's just it's been so long time and I'm getting really worried, a delay could last this long?

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Hey guys, it's been more than 1 year since I mailed my application, and my status is still in process. I'm getting really worried. I called the immigration centre in last November, and the lady told me the last two mails the send me meant to inform me that there would be a delay in my case. She didn't mention anything about secondary review or anything else.

I really don't know what to do here. I want to call again and ask later this month, but I remember someone said that two many phone calls may jeopardize the application. Is the anyone with similar situation?

Please advise. Thank u so much!

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
nicklove128 said:
Hey guys, it's been more than 1 year since I mailed my application, and my status is still in process. I'm getting really worried. I called the immigration centre in last November, and the lady told me the last two mails the send me meant to inform me that there would be a delay in my case. She didn't mention anything about secondary review or anything else.

I really don't know what to do here. I want to call again and ask later this month, but I remember someone said that two many phone calls may jeopardize the application. Is the anyone with similar situation?

Please advise. Thank u so much!
The letter you got saying it may take more time means it's gone Into secondary review. Some people on the forum have waited even a year after getting this letter .

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
kelsey199200 said:
The letter you got saying it may take more time means it's gone Into secondary review. Some people on the forum have waited even a year after getting this letter .
Thank u for ur reply. I've been thinking that it might have gone to secondary review. It's just the lady didn't say anything. And I received the mail like less than 2 weeks after they started to process my application. They can make the secondary review decision so fast? It's really weird cause I'm sure I got all the documents they need and I have lived there for enough days. Is it a really bad thing being under secondary review?

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
nicklove128 said:
Thank u for ur reply. I've been thinking that it might have gone to secondary review. It's just the lady didn't say anything. And I received the mail like less than 2 weeks after they started to process my application. They can make the secondary review decision so fast? It's really weird cause I'm sure I got all the documents they need and I have lived there for enough days. Is it a really bad thing being under secondary review?
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think secondary review is an actual term used by them . I think they just say delay and more time needed. There is a huge discussion called secondary review, maybe try reading the posts there they should have a lot more info.

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
It's here "http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/email-from-cic-that-pr-card-renewal-needs-secondary-review-t251571.0.html;msg3724571#msg3724571"

It's not a bad thing from what I've heard they are giving sort of like a testing period to make sure you remain in Canada but best to read the above post.

nicklove128

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Thank u so much for ur reply. But I'm kind of worried now since I'm not in Canada. After applying for the renewal in February 2015, I came to China, I'm still in China now and will be in China for the next 1-2 years since I'm finishing my studies here. Will this impose any problems on my application? Thank u so much for ur help!