+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA & Temporary Lay Off

Mgangat

Jan 20, 2020
Hey everyone
I am applying for Express entry PR application but i am little confused of how should i mention my Canadian work experience in Employment Letter?

Scenerio:
I started working in NoC B category in year 2019-November and i continued working till 2020-March (Total 5 months)

After that due to covid19 i was laid off for 2 months. I rejoined my firm back in 2020-June and still working at present.

Now can someone tell if i should mention if iwas laid off in my employer letter or should i get 2 different letters with different dates?

Any reply will be useful

Gbch21

Apr 16, 2021
Hi All,
So...I am not in the pool for Express Entry yet, as I am waiting for my WES accreditation to come through. With it, and a job offer, I would have 486 points. However, I have just found out that I am being temporarily laid off...but, technically I am still employed by the company. Are they able to still issue me with a job offer document, or does the temporary layoff negate it? 50 points is obviously a huge thing, and would prohibit me from getting an ITA.

Thoughts?

Sally
Hey Sally! Did you figured your situation out? I’m in the same issue right now and I really need help... thank you!

sbayes

Sep 24, 2020
Hey Sally! Did you figured your situation out? I’m in the same issue right now and I really need help... thank you!
Kinda. Not good news, I'm afraid though. By giving someone a job offer, they have to be able to say to the Canadian government that they will provide at least 1 year of employment. My company wasn't able to say that at that time, so even though I was 'employed', they could not in good faith adhere to those standards.
Long story short, if you're temporarily laid off, they don't have to give you a job offer.

Gbch21

Apr 16, 2021
Kinda. Not good news, I'm afraid though. By giving someone a job offer, they have to be able to say to the Canadian government that they will provide at least 1 year of employment. My company wasn't able to say that at that time, so even though I was 'employed', they could not in good faith adhere to those standards.
Long story short, if you're temporarily laid off, they don't have to give you a job offer.
Thank you so much for your answer ! I have been temporarily lay off after my ITA was issued and I did have the valid job offer before it ... but now I don’t know what to do because to claim these 50 points I have to be currently employed by the company, and I don’t know if being temporary layoff due to Covid is considarated as employed ....

Did you ended up applying without these points?