+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA taking longer than necessary

Tareek008

May 24, 2018
Hello,

My ITA is taking longer as necessary. Is it normal?

I have made my application for ITA on 26 November 2018.

I was suppose to get a reply during the end of May 2019 (6 months time) but i have not received it yet.

I have this message in my online profile :

------------------------
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if
we need more information from you.
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things
like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests
and whether the application is completed.

------------------------

Anyone of you have ever got this message?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, very normal. Depending on your background (country of citizenship, work experience, etc.), it can take more than six months. It's not uncommon for applications to be in process for 12-18 months.

If you want to know what's going on, you can order your GCMS notes.

What's your country of citizenship?

Reactions: Tareek008

Tareek008

May 24, 2018
Yes, very normal. Depending on your background (country of citizenship, work experience, etc.), it can take more than six months. It's not uncommon for applications to be in process for 12-18 months.

OK, but if my medical test comes to its expiry date?

Am from Mauritius.

Is it free to order the GCMS notes?

Thank you for your help.

Pushpita28

Dec 14, 2017

I have similar problem. I have applied for Permanent Residency over 13 months ago. How can I order my GCMS notes? What is the process?

Tareek008

May 24, 2018
I have similar problem. I have applied for Permanent Residency over 13 months ago. How can I order my GCMS notes? What is the process?
Hello pushpita, did you receive your ITA?

Do you mean that you've waited 13 months after you have applied for your ITA and you have not still received no reply??

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
OK, but if my medical test comes to its expiry date?
One would think that CIC is of sound mind and will understand the logic you stated but no they do not. Medical tests expire to many applications and no one ever blinks. I don't think it has ever been brought up as an issue anywhere but only by the poor applicants.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
One would think that CIC is of sound mind and will understand the logic you stated but no they do not. Medical tests expire to many applications and no one ever blinks. I don't think it has ever been brought up as an issue anywhere but only by the poor applicants.
It's not a big deal. IRCC will notify you and often they extend the medical themselves. Or else they'll ask you to take another medical test. Either way, it's not something that will impact your PR application - they won't reject the application because they are taking a long time to review it and in the meanwhile your test expired.

Tareek008

May 24, 2018
It's not a big deal. IRCC will notify you and often they extend the medical themselves. Or else they'll ask you to take another medical test. Either way, it's not something that will impact your PR application - they won't reject the application because they are taking a long time to review it and in the meanwhile your test expired.
Hello,

Thank you for this precision.

Am still waiting for a reply for my PR.
I was supposed to receive the reply by the end of May (6 months wait already).
Do you know how long it might more? and why?

Regards,
Tareek

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hello,

Regards,
Tareek
Expired medical will impact your application because it will delay it and isn't that all that matters?! Best to order some GCMS notes, send some communication, and learn to be more patient. That is all one can do.

You asked "Why" - answer is because CIC is very unorganized and there is no political will to be efficient. CIC is an outlier when it comes to applying laws to it. Only court ordered datelines are respected at this organization. Otherwise files are moved forward at turtle paces.

For best time estimates search your countrymen/women cases similar to yours on the forum to get a sense of how long your case may take.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello,

Regards,
Tareek
IRCC has a target of processing 80% of Express Entry applications in six months. However, that means that 1 out of every 5 applications can take longer. In fact, they actually have informed you that your application is going to take a longer time. This is usually because they are doing extended security screening for some reason.

It's not really possible to guess how long it will take. You can order your GCMS notes to find out more. Since you're outside Canada it's not free, but you can use one of the many GCMS services online. Don't pay more than $20-30 USD. It takes more than a month to get GCMS notes, but they will give you a lot more detail about what's going on.

You can search the forum and find other cases of files going to security screening/extended background check to get an idea of how long it can take. You should expect at least another 6-8 months. Anything sooner than that will be a nice surprise.