+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA September 2023 AOR Timelines

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
@iSaidGoodDay question please.. I'm Sep 1 AOR and my spouse want to proceed with a personal/cash loan.
Will that have any impact on our PR application? Thanks
It won't impact your PR application. Only issue is that you should be PoF that isn't a part of a loan or debt. You'll have to make sure you meet these two requirements:
1. having a PoF that isn't loan at that you should be able to show during landing
2. IRCC can also ask for an updated proof of funds from you while reviewing your eligibility

As long as you got PoF, debt wouldn't matter.

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
It won't impact your PR application. Only issue is that you should be PoF that isn't a part of a loan or debt. You'll have to make sure you meet these two requirements:
1. having a PoF that isn't loan at that you should be able to show during landing
2. IRCC can also ask for an updated proof of funds from you while reviewing your eligibility

As long as you got PoF, debt wouldn't matter.
Yes, that's aside from the POF, POF is untouched long before AOR, this is also on the spouse's name, not the main applicant.

So should be good?

techbyter89

Oct 11, 2023
Settlement for newcomers without jobs can be very challenging because:
1. rental without jobs is pretty hard, people will ask you for 4-6 months of rent upfront
2. Airbnbs can costs an upwards of $4k/month
3. Daycares are hard to find for newcomers with kids and there's a wait - ways to find something for yourself, but needs a lot of work
...(truncated as it can be very contextual, but you get the idea, right?)...

Finding a job in this economic climate is becoming very challenging for most. Depending upon one's situation, one has to up-skill, network, etc to get a job here. People can also get a job pre-landing too.

If you are someone who hsw capital, want to buy a home? You can actually get pre-approved if you meet certain conditions. I wrote this post back when I was exploring this option: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/newcomer-pr-mortgage-questions.791545/ - let's say if you only meet some conditions, but not all, you can see what/how/when you need to do to meet all of them.

You can also evaluate potential employable cities and start looking at their COL and see where you'd like to move.

Got even more free time at your hands? Figure out how to license and what car you'd like to buy before you land as well.

All of these things take time and energy. Once you land here, you'll be rushed to get these things done. You'll find yourself very rushed and fatigued if you do it after landing. Better save time and energy by doing some research upfront, doing all of this while waiting on your application to be processed is the best distraction too :)
Thanks for the detailed info.. I am also hearing people opting to reverse migrate.. Mostly due to economic conditions..

It all depends what you are looking for. Personally I am looking for an adventure... I am craving a struggle now ... And yes, it helps to prepare in advance.... Specially with kids

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for the detailed info.. I am also hearing people opting to reverse migrate.. Mostly due to economic conditions..

It all depends what you are looking for. Personally I am looking for an adventure... I am craving a struggle now ... And yes, it helps to prepare in advance.... Specially with kids
Canada will give you some adventure for sure! :D

Don't take my text for discouragement :) I look at a typical immigrant who lands with $20k here and no job, no rent prospects - this country can eat through their savings pretty easily. I've met some who cried the moment they landed here too, so trying my best to make sure others have a better experience here. I also volunteer in helping immigrants settle here in Calgary too(do airport pickups, help with general mobility, etc when I get time), so I see a bunch of stories and strongly iterate on the settlement part. Also, way too much scam for a newcomer here(especially from our own diaspora).

KseniaRafalovich

Sep 4, 2022
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
31-08-2023
AOR Received.
11-10-2023
Med's Done....
30-10-2023
Passport Req..
01-12-2023
Hi all.
Called the IRCC few minutes ago:
AOR 11 Oct. PVO Sydney. SVO OTTAWA.
BIL Completed.
MED Completed.
Eligibility Not started.
Security Completed.
Criminality In Progress.

Reactions: hiato

techbyter89

Oct 11, 2023
Canada will give you some adventure for sure! :D

Don't take my text for discouragement :) I look at a typical immigrant who lands with $20k here and no job, no rent prospects - this country can eat through their savings pretty easily. I've met some who cried the moment they landed here too, so trying my best to make sure others have a better experience here. I also volunteer in helping immigrants settle here in Calgary too(do airport pickups, help with general mobility, etc when I get time), so I see a bunch of stories and strongly iterate on the settlement part. Also, way too much scam for a newcomer here(especially from our own diaspora).
Why would people cry as soon as they land... They litterally chose to be there?

Dont get me wrong, i know its not all roses out there... Your feedback is helping me search more and look into specifics of few things out there.

Reactions: Moonniicka

Jassar86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020

Dont get me wrong, i know its not all roses out there... Your feedback is helping me search more and look into specifics of few things out there.
No country is perfect...it all depends how u take things....I d seen so many people getting their goals after migrating to canada ....u just need focus and your mind should be clear ....u need to know why are you moving to canada .?...if u are aware then u r good to go

canadaasp1

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
Hi all.
Called the IRCC few minutes ago:
AOR 11 Oct. PVO Sydney. SVO OTTAWA.
BIL Completed.
MED Completed.
Eligibility Not started.
Security Completed.
Criminality In Progress.
Hi, Can you please share the Eligibility status on your tracker as well. Is it not started on tracker?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

The most common reason why people do that is because they felt vulnerable due to leaving friends/family, landing with savings that feel insufficient, imposter syndrome, etc. Some also have fear of never being able to make it.

If you go back in time, a lot of similar stories in immigration going as back as 100 years.

I'd say if you prepare well enough, less likely that any of that will happen to you/anyone here. It is human nature to feel vulnerable with these things though.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Also, way too much scam for a newcomer here(especially from our own diaspora).
The good news is that Canadian laws and courts are not like our own diaspora. If you have enough evidence you can always sue and have the court actually consider your case before you become old enough to not care about it anymore.

Scams exist in almost every country. US is very similar and literally every other year someone is in the news there who pulled a big scam while smaller scams are plenty too. Go to California and it's a dump tbh. I have seen more homeless in LA than any big city in India. Prices in North America have sky rocketed while salaries have only increased for the top tech employees. The typical MacDonalds employee still is buried in debt.

If you go look at problems youll find plenty everywhere. Look at the positives.

Clean af air. Something that keeps you very healthy mentally and physically. People are required to follow the basic laws and society is inclusive. No discrimination based on caste religion or any judgemental attitude based on it. You can walk in a park holding hands with your SO and not have 20 people judge you around and stare at you for it. Beautiful nature. Great infrastructure. People in general are nice if you are nice to them (exceptions exist but thats true anywhere in the world). Good food. Free healthcare (yes it's an Asterix but an ambulance or police will come as soon as you dial emergency. human life is valued).

Remember guys internet has a negative bias. Most people who have positive experiences will not come to share them because they are likely too busy enjoying their lives. The negative experience and salty people will jump on the internet first to voice their frustrations. So your mileage may vary.

Just remember just cause you got your PR doesnt mean youll suddenly have a cool lifestyle. You still have to work hard to make your way up.