+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA September 2023 AOR Timelines

CJawad

Nov 12, 2023
Received AOR on September 19th
No updates on GC Key Portal
Impossible to create an account on the tracker : they say that my UCI doesn't exist
Pls share any guidance / recommendations :)

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Received AOR on September 19th
No updates on GC Key Portal
Impossible to create an account on the tracker : they say that my UCI doesn't exist
Pls share any guidance / recommendations :)
You need to wait till you receive an update (MEP/BIL) which usually comes with your profile updated with an actual UCI. I’m assuming the one on your profile right now starts with CAN?
You should get an update next week hopefully.

Reactions: CJawad

aliansab

Star Member
Jun 7, 2023
Just found this forum. I've yet to enquire my VOs but here's my timeline till now. Hopefully, we can see some progress on applications soon. Fingers crossed

ITA: 19-Sep-2023
AOR: 25-Sep-2023
Medical/BIL: 11-Oct-2023
Eligibility: 3-Nov-2023
Biometrics: 9-Nov-2023
Background Check: In progress
PPR: Awaited
COPR: Awaited

Last edited:
Reactions: Moonniicka

CJawad

Nov 12, 2023
You need to wait till you receive an update (MEP/BIL) which usually comes with your profile updated with an actual UCI. I’m assuming the one on your profile right now starts with CAN?
You should get an update next week hopefully.
Thanks for your speedy feedback, well noted for the UCI :) would you call it an uncommon situation or have you seen such delays before ?
I saw people who received their AOR after me and currently they are seeing updates on their timelines... Next week my application will complete 2 months sharp without any updates even though all fees have been paid in advance.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks for your speedy feedback, well noted for the UCI :) would you call it an uncommon situation or have you seen such delays before ?
I saw people who received their AOR after me and currently they are seeing updates on their timelines... Next week my application will complete 2 months sharp without any updates even though all fees have been paid in advance.
There are those who took 4 months to get MEP/BIL and UCIXXX in this forum too. So it can get quite unpredictable. Best you can do is to call IRCC or file CBSA notes to see whether you are R10 pass(documents ready to be assessed). BIL is manually triggered by IRCC, so it can take time if they don't do it/queue you.

CJawad

Nov 12, 2023
There are those who took 4 months to get MEP/BIL and UCIXXX in this forum too. So it can get quite unpredictable. Best you can do is to call IRCC or file CBSA notes to see whether you are R10 pass(documents ready to be assessed). BIL is manually triggered by IRCC, so it can take time if they don't do it/queue you.
Interesting, can someone share the IRCC number ? I didn't find it :) and thanks for the info, relieving and at the same time worrying :/

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Interesting, can someone share the IRCC number ? I didn't find it :) and thanks for the info, relieving and at the same time worrying :/
Search the forum, you'll find a thread on how to contact IRCC as an outlander. Nothing to worry just yet, settlement in Canada is what you should focus on instead - that's where most people fail.

Reactions: CJawad

ShriDataScientist

Sep 27, 2023
Not long to go now… hang in tight!
I can see that all of 4 stages for myself are completed, but background verification for both of my kids is in progress and eligibility for my wife is not started. What does that mean?

If all these steps gets completed for my dependents, then what's next stage as I am inland?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Settlement in Canada??? Any particular reason you mentioned that?
Settlement for newcomers without jobs can be very challenging because:
1. rental without jobs is pretty hard, people will ask you for 4-6 months of rent upfront
2. Airbnbs can costs an upwards of $4k/month
3. Daycares are hard to find for newcomers with kids and there's a wait - ways to find something for yourself, but needs a lot of work
...(truncated as it can be very contextual, but you get the idea, right?)...

Finding a job in this economic climate is becoming very challenging for most. Depending upon one's situation, one has to up-skill, network, etc to get a job here. People can also get a job pre-landing too.

If you are someone who hsw capital, want to buy a home? You can actually get pre-approved if you meet certain conditions. I wrote this post back when I was exploring this option: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/newcomer-pr-mortgage-questions.791545/ - let's say if you only meet some conditions, but not all, you can see what/how/when you need to do to meet all of them.

You can also evaluate potential employable cities and start looking at their COL and see where you'd like to move.

Got even more free time at your hands? Figure out how to license and what car you'd like to buy before you land as well.

All of these things take time and energy. Once you land here, you'll be rushed to get these things done. You'll find yourself very rushed and fatigued if you do it after landing. Better save time and energy by doing some research upfront, doing all of this while waiting on your application to be processed is the best distraction too :)

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Settlement for newcomers without jobs can be very challenging because:
1. rental without jobs is pretty hard, people will ask you for 4-6 months of rent upfront
2. Airbnbs can costs an upwards of $4k/month
3. Daycares are hard to find for newcomers with kids and there's a wait - ways to find something for yourself, but needs a lot of work
...(truncated as it can be very contextual, but you get the idea, right?)...

Finding a job in itself in this economic climate is becoming very challenging for most. Depending upon one's situation, one has to up-skill, network, etc to get a job here. People can also get a job pre-landing too.

If you are someone who have capital, want to buy a home? You can actually get pre-approved if you meet certain conditions. I wrote this post back when I was exploring this option: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/newcomer-pr-mortgage-questions.791545/ - let's say if you only meet some conditions, but not all, you can see what/how/when you need to do to meet all of them.

You can also evaluate potential employable cities and start looking at their COL and see where you'd like to move.

Got even more free time at your hands? Figure out how to license and what car you'd like to buy before you land as well.

All of these things take time and energy. Once you land here, you'll be rushed to get these things done. You'll find yourself very rushed and fatigued if you do it after landing. Better save time and energy by doing some research upfront, doing all of this while waiting on your application to be processed is the best distraction too :)
Agree. Real race is post PPR. Receiving PPR is just the start, the struggle starts there after !

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay