+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA receivers - May 23rd - 90th Draw

metabug

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Thanks parth115. I've spent basically the entire day getting all of my residential address history dates for past ten years (about 10 changes) and travel history dates (about 20 travels). Think I've done a pretty good job on the dates.

One other question I had. My bank statement/POF letter has my first name and last name, but it does not include my middle name. But in the 'personal details' section of my application I'm obviously including my middle name since it is on my passport. Could this potentially be an issue? I believe there was a question 'have you ever gone by any other names' in the personal details section, should I say yes to that question and add my name without my middle name? If that makes sense...
I'm in the same situation. Think it should be fine

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Thanks both. Well I've submitted the initial application and now have my document checklist. Have just booked my medical exam (in about 4 weeks time). Will probably organise PCCs tomorrow.

Reactions: nns14

everydaydealer

Oct 31, 2017
Can I show fixed deposit in spouse name as proof of funds. What do I need from spouse? Letter? That should be uploaded?

Im in USA. Can I drive to Canada to do medical

blue_borna

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Hello, going to submit all docs soon but stuck with POF. Is bank statement for 6 months ll be enough , UK bank don’t provide any letter. Plz help.

RFC

Jan 8, 2018
Hello, going to submit all docs soon but stuck with POF. Is bank statement for 6 months ll be enough , UK bank don’t provide any letter. Plz help.
I had the same issue, I submitted my application yesterday and hope what I have done is ok.

I bank with Santander UK. I requested a reference letter around 2 weeks ago and once received it did not meet CIC requirements. After speaking with Santander they advised they cannot amend the standard letter. I asked them to confirm this in writing. I went to the branch and asked them to print and certify 6 month bank statements (as I understand CIC do not accept online statements).

In my application, I uploaded the certified bank statements, the reference letter, the letter confirming they cannot make changes to the reference letter, and a letter of explanation. Hopefully this is ok as there was nothing else I was able to obtain!

Reactions: nns14

blue_borna

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
I had the same issue, I submitted my application yesterday and hope what I have done is ok.

I bank with Santander UK. I requested a reference letter around 2 weeks ago and once received it did not meet CIC requirements. After speaking with Santander they advised they cannot amend the standard letter. I asked them to confirm this in writing. I went to the branch and asked them to print and certify 6 month bank statements (as I understand CIC do not accept online statements).

In my application, I uploaded the certified bank statements, the reference letter, the letter confirming they cannot make changes to the reference letter, and a letter of explanation. Hopefully this is ok as there was nothing else I was able to obtain!
Thanks for ur quick reply. I am using Braclays. They send me monthly online statement rather then sending by post. Can I use that? Will it be enough for POF?

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Thanks for ur quick reply. I am using Braclays. They send me monthly online statement rather then sending by post. Can I use that? Will it be enough for POF?
You should have it stamped/certified by the bank. Try going into a branch and asking them for printout of statements, or a letter of statement that is stamped and signed by bank employees. They should be able to do this for you.

calky360

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Can you really not use an online statement from the bank? My bank in Australia, ING, don't have any branches, they're online only bank so I can't get them to stamp/certify/sign anything...

parth115

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Can you really not use an online statement from the bank? My bank in Australia, ING, don't have any branches, they're online only bank so I can't get them to stamp/certify/sign anything...
Yes you cannot use online statements. You can request signed statements maybe.

parth115

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Is it okay to do? We need to for three it's expensive here. Thought of doing in Windsor Ontario. Crossing Michigan State
It should be. They will give a letter which you need to attach with your application. All medical exams are centralized

Reactions: everydaydealer