+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Receivers - June 13th 2018

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
I guess everyone with a score 452+ should be receiving ITA within next few hours...tie breaker may apply for profiles having score 451.

Reactions: OMI11

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hey Everyone,

Firstly congrats to everybody that received their ITAs. I happened to have gotten picked as well today which was surprising, because I just submitted my application yesterday. although, I have made a slight error in my application. So there was this full time internship that I did for 6 months that I had counted in my foreign work experience bringing my score to 481, and only today I found out that, it shouldnt be considered, however there seems to be a lot of speculations about it and it seems like a gray area. however my experience certificate for the internship clearly talks about its technical aspects. anyhow today's draw had a lowest score of 451, and if my application is evaluated without considering the internship it drops to 456 which is still higher than the minimum score for today's draw.
can i accept my ITA and let it for IRCC to decide ? or is it safer to decline the ITA and resubmit my application with the new CRS of 456.

Thanks for your help!
It sounds pretty similar to my story, although I purposedly counted a 4-month internship as Canadian Experience, as I wouldn't meet the 1-year work experience threshold otherwise. It is definitely a grey area, and from what I have read here it may largely depend on your status in the country, whether it was paid or not etc., e.g.:

- a student in Canada, doing an unpaid co-op internship, would not have it approved as work experience
- a student abroad, doing a paid internship in Canada (like me) while on a work permit, may have it approved (according to some senior users on this forum)
- a student abroad, doing a paid internship abroad (which sounds like what you're doing), may have it counted as work experience especially if you can prove it was paid, full-time and you were legally allowed to work (e.g. work permit, resident, citizen)

The situation can be made more complex when you take into account moving back to university after the internship (more obvious it was part of a degree) or you didn't return (as in my case). In either case, I read somewhere that the IRCC specifically acknowledges post-graduate paid internships

My advise would be - re-apply for the next draw in two weeks if you're uncertain, or continue and gather evidence that it really was work experience (e.g. pay slips from this period, or a special employer's letter for it)

Last edited:

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Thanks for your response !

on the ITA letter, it states that if your situation changes dropping your CRS, it should still be higher than the lowest CRS score of that draw which happens to be 451, and my dropped score of 456 if the internship is not considered is still higher. I mean I have all relevant original documents a'tnd references. seeing that the dropped score would still be higher than the minimum, wouldnt it be alright ?
Still if I were you I would not opt for it as it will complicate your application which may delay the overall processing time. Safest option is declining and be clean for next draw. If you are in hurry, then do what you feel you are comfortable with. Good luck!

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
It sounds pretty similar to my story, although I purposedly counted a 4-month internship as Canadian Experience, as I wouldn't meet the 1-year work experience threshold otherwise. It is definitely a grey area, and from what I have read here it may largely depend on your status in the country, whether it was paid or not etc., e.g.:

- a student in Canada, doing an unpaid co-op internship, would not have it approved as work experience
- a student abroad, doing a paid internship in Canada (like me) while on a work permit, may have it approved (according to some senior users on this forum)
- a student abroad, doing a paid internship abroad (which sounds like what you're doing), may have it counted as work experience especially if you can prove it was paid, full-time and you were legally allowed to work (e.g. work permit, resident, citizen)

The situation can be made more complex when you take into account moving back to university after the internship (it contributed to your degree possibly) or you didn't return (as in my case)
Hey thanks for your response !
Yes the internship was a full time job when I was a resident of Dubai. and besides even if it changes my CRS, it still goes above 451, so it should be fine to go ahead with the application in your opinion ?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Still if I were you I would not opt for it as it will complicate your application which may delay the overall processing time. Safest option is declining and be clean for next draw. If you are in hurry, then do what you feel you are comfortable with. Good luck!
Oh no i totally get where you're coming from and besides I have been in this whole CANADA PR thing for like just a day and i wouldnt mind waiting for longer with a score of 456. but its just that I was worried about the clause on the ITA that says declining your ITA does not guarantee you future ITAs.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Yes the internship was a full time job when I was a resident of Dubai. and besides even if it changes my CRS, it still goes above 451, so it should be fine to go ahead with the application in your opinion ?
I believe normally, what they do when information is wrong/missing, they simply deduct those points and see if you're still meeting the original cut-off threshold at the time you received your ITA (e.g. 451 pts.). But it's hard to say how they respond to it, and in general it's not recommended to knowingly submit wrong information - in the worst case, they could deny the application and you will have wasted your time.

I'm going ahead with it as I do not meet the 1-year work experience threshold either way so have nothing to lose, but maybe for you it would be better to re-apply in two weeks with the correct information? It's really up to you - personally I think there's a fair chance they will simply accept your internship, but there's no guarantee.

Also, what they mean by "declining ITA does not guarantee you future ITAs" - it's totally fine to decline an ITA, but you will have to meet the cutoff threshold again of the next draw. In your case you should be good, as probably it's only going to go down now to the 445-450 range.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Can you produce a letter stating that it is a full-time job and your salary along with your roles in the company's letterhead? If you can produce the same, then my personal opinion is for you to go ahead with the application. As it is stated, if you don't prove the work experience, your points will be deducted for the same and your profile will be evaluated for eligibility with the new points. All these will happen during your R10 check itself.

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
I believe normally, what they do when information is wrong/missing, they simply deduct those points and see if you're still meeting the original cut-off threshold at the time you received your ITA (e.g. 451 pts.). But it's hard to say how they respond to it, and in general it's not recommended to knowingly submit wrong information - in the worst case, they could deny the application and you will have wasted your time.

I'm going ahead with it as I do not meet the 1-year work experience threshold either way so have nothing to lose, but maybe for you it would be better to re-apply in two weeks with the correct information? It's really up to you - personally I think there's a fair chance they will simply accept your internship, but there's no guarantee.

Also, what they mean by "declining ITA does not guarantee you future ITAs" - it's totally fine to decline an ITA, but you will have to meet the cutoff threshold again of the next draw. In your case you should be good, as probably it's only going to go down now to the 445-450 range.
when will the next draw be ? I would be with a score of 456. I was just worried if i'll get picked as fast as it happened this time. and I actually dont even know if i did something wrong with my 481 CRS as i do have all necessary documents to prove my claim. Im confused how to proceed.

Oh i just contacted one of my friend from my undergrad school that had used this internship as well and she said that there was no issues and that it went through in her PR application. I think it should be okay now cuz we literally both did the same internship.

Last edited:

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Hey guys, my sister received her ITA too!! She's in the process of filling out some information here.

In Personal Information under Family Tab, it is mentioned that "Please tell us about applicantsimmediate family members that have not been identified in the application."

Does this mean that she would have to add all sibling/parents and myself there as well? (She claimed sibling points).. also country of residence, my mom currently lives with me in Canada and has a super visa, should I put Canada as her country of residence?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Can you produce a letter stating that it is a full-time job and your salary along with your roles in the company's letterhead? If you can produce the same, then my personal opinion is for you to go ahead with the application. As it is stated, if you don't prove the work experience, your points will be deducted for the same and your profile will be evaluated for eligibility with the new points. All these will happen during your R10 check itself.
yea i have it on a company letter head stating it as a full time work, but it doesnt mention anything about money.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
when will the next draw be ? I would be with a score of 456. I was just worried if i'll get picked as fast as it happened this time. and I actually dont even know if i did something wrong with my 481 CRS as i do have all necessary documents to prove my claim. Im confused how to proceed.

Oh i just contacted one of my friend from my undergrad school that had used this internship as well and she said that there was no issues and that it went through in her PR application. I think it should be okay now cuz we literally both did the same internship.
There's no guarantee, but most likely in two week, June 27.

Yes, I expect too that your internship will qualify. However, to improve the odds try to get a reference letter from your employer stating your role (NOC-code), duties, reporting supervisor, income, contact information etc. Also try to get hold off your payslips in case IRCC wants it as proof.

Your undergrad friend had it accepted, but that's not a guarantee they won't do a check on it with you either

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Hey guys, my sister received her ITA too!! She's in the process of filling out some information here.

In Personal Information under Family Tab, it is mentioned that "Please tell us about applicantsimmediate family members that have not been identified in the application."

Does this mean that she would have to add all sibling/parents and myself there as well? (She claimed sibling points).. also country of residence, my mom currently lives with me in Canada and has a super visa, should I put Canada as her country of residence?
Answer is Yes to all your questions.